Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Jimmy shot 28 rounds of 6 five queer

No, just convince everyone that has ammo not to buy any more that way the demand and the problem will go away.

Oh ok. I’m sure no one has thought of that. GFY

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Take the enemy's ammo.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Mac84
My irresponsibility is hitting me so hard right now. I really should have stocked up on ammo for the gun I didn't own until a few days ago..... I keep looking in the mirror and asking myself in great shame...."Why wasn't I responsible enough to stockpile ammo for a round I didn't own a gun for?" .....I can only cry and continue shooting 12's while weeping at my 20-less state...... Whoa is me....

Dammit Jay, you shoulda known better

Thats dumber'n hell.

Ain't it though.....

I have 67,000 rounds of 577 Snyder just in case I ever buy one.

To do otherwise is ridiculous.

Not to mention irresponsible.

I'm learning from this. My next move is to stock up on White Claw and Red Bull. Pink BC is the future.

I'll not be caught ridiculously irresponsible again, from now on I'm determined to be smarter'n hell with my responsible ridiculousness.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Just an observation...

Most folks who say "I'm set for life on ammo" don't shoot.

If you're someone who shoots, the component shortage is painful. The price increase and buying to scalp is a double painful. I don't have a stockpile to sit on, I have a stockpile to shoot.....but I have to replace components and I don't want to stop shooting.

For some of us it's not about being irresponsible or lack of foresight, it's about being limited in how long we can continue to do what we like to do.

Good post

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Take the enemy's ammo.

Good Idea !

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
Just an observation...

Most folks who say "I'm set for life on ammo" don't shoot.

If you're someone who shoots, the component shortage is painful. The price increase and buying to scalp is a double painful. I don't have a stockpile to sit on, I have a stockpile to shoot.....but I have to replace components and I don't want to stop shooting.

For some of us it's not about being irresponsible or lack of foresight, it's about being limited in how long we can continue to do what we like to do.

Good post

Yeah.

Basically, I'm only shooting 22lr handgun for practice. "Real" ammo is just shot for the stages at USPSA league.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

No, just convince everyone that has ammo not to buy any more that way the demand and the problem will go away.

🤣🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'll apologize upfront if I offend anyone, but here goes...........it seems like every day there's a new thread on here about no ammo or reloading supplies, and when they can be found, the prices are out of line. Listen up, but if you're in a position where you were caught empty handed, and have been forced to pay high prices.................it ain't anybodies fault but your own.

If the supply of ammo or reloading supplies were to suddenly disappear, and nothing could ever be had again, I'd be okay for the rest of my life, and I suspect many others on here would be as well. I might not be able to shoot as much as I'd like to, but I have enough stuff that I've acquired over the years, that I will never run out of ammo, powder, bullets, or primers. Now, I might have to use a powder-bullet combination that I wouldn't have normally used, but I could get by. So, why are people in the situation they're in.

I believe in always having an emergency fund, whether it be money, food, fuel, or whatever, and stuff to shoot is an important part of that fund. I've never understood why some folks will spend money like a drunken sailor, then when hard times hit, and they're short on funds, they act as if it's not their fault, and someone is always out to get them. A smart man plans ahead, and always has something for a rainy day, which in this case, it means he doesn't have to pay a dollar a round for 9mm ammo, or $200 for a brick of primers, or $75 for a can of powder.................because he bought such items where they were available at fair prices, instead of blowing his money on chit that's long gone, and only lasted a little while.

As I said, I don't want to offend anyone, as this has nothing to do with who has plenty of money and who doesn't. Instead it has to do with thinking ahead, and planning for hard times, and rest assured, hard times almost always happen at some point in time. Given the current political situation, and the assault on the 2A that's been going on for years, ANYONE who owns guns and uses them, should have been planning for something like we're going through now, and not be caught with their pants down. In short, if you're out of something to shoot, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

JamesJr, it is real simple if Americans do not like current prices asked for ammo they should not buy any. If enough people do that the prices will stabilize and may eventually go down.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by slumlord

🤣🤣

Those Europeans are sure smart!

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

AMMO is the new Toilet paper.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cisco1

Doesn't seem like it would be terribly comfortable to use and not do all that good a job either.

Last edited by 5sdad; 03/04/21.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Feel better, now that you have schooled those who may have run a little short..

Perhaps you have an Aesop Fable you would like to add for emphasis....something about not being arrogant or banging ones head on the wailing wall?

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by cisco1

Spring is here.

In days of old
When Knights were bold
And before the toilet was invented

They left their load
Beside the road
And walked away contented.

OF COURSE there was a creek beside the road to wash their back sides.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I am currently showing my brother the reloading ropes.
He had zero interest in reloading until we started having our latest fun.
I'm trying hard to walk the fine line between helping and enabling, and
will be curious to see if he sticks with it if we ever get outta' the ditch.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Ammunition is nothing other than another hard commodity such as dollar bills, silver, gold, medicine or food.

If you have surplus money or ammunition you use it as you see fit.

If you have just enough... you will use it sparingly.

If you do not have enough you will need to exchange another hard commodity such as dollar bills, silver, gold, medicine or food to acquire what you need.

Former President Obama paid in Hope.

Lots and lots of Hope.

You can't buy dick with Hope.

Biden pays in lies.

Lies will buy even less.

Prepare now, hard times are coming.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
. In short, if you're out of something to shoot, you really have no one to blame but yourself.

Before the shortage started, to save myself making repeated trips during the summer I bought 50 flats of target 12 Gauge ammo. 12,500 shells, which maybe would get me thru the season....Maybe not, depending.

If it doesn’t, thanks for the lecture on self blame and irresponsibility....I really should have bought more...Then again, I’m not as smart as you Aesop, but I’m sure you will never run short of fables to show us the way.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
We were sitting under some spinning snow geese yesterday, and I can tell you, that no one acted like there was an ammo shortage. Extended mags and dumping shells. At some point, i looked around and said, "what ammo shortage?" 😂

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
People acting smart, after the answer became obvious to all is always good for a laugh....

Last edited by battue; 03/04/21.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,450 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,152
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.