Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
,... makes a scene everytime the firetrucks congregate outside my house,..

==========================================================

You too, huh?? LOL!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bomb, bomb, bomb--- bomb, bomb the muzzies.

We have one of two choices: Kill them or become one. I'll never become one sooooo... If that means nuking the whole planet to get rid of them so be it. Death is preferable to slavery. mad

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
thanks,... sounds like a treat,...

You're welcome.....I toyed with the idea of substituting Splenda or some other no calorie sweetener for the sugar....but that just seemed deeply wrong for bear claws....Wonder how many hours on the Nordic Track it would take to work off a batch of bear clawsgrin

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Bomb, bomb, bomb--- bomb, bomb the muzzies.

We have one of two choices: Kill them or become one. I'll never become one sooooo... If that means nuking the whole planet to get rid of them so be it. Death is preferable to slavery. mad

Hey Derby D. I listened to a book called Wild Fire awhile back. Here is a review:

"Starred Review. Set in October 2002, bestseller DeMille's can't-put-it-down fourth thriller to feature ex-NYPD detective John Corey (after 2004's Night Fall) involves an American right-wing plot to suitcase-nuke two U.S. cities. The idea is to provoke an existing government plan called Wild Fire that automatically responds to nuclear terrorism in the homeland with a nuclear attack that will wipe out most of the Middle East. That such a plan probably exists, according to an opening author's note, heightens the tension. Corey and his FBI agent wife, Kate Mayfield, set off to find antiterrorist agent Harry Muller, who has disappeared after being assigned surveillance duties at the Custer Hill Club, a rich man's hunting lodge in upstate New York. John and Kate are a wisecracking, affectionate, deadly duo, with a new resolve born in the tragedy of the World Trade Center bombing. This tour de force of relentless narrative power neither stops nor slows for twists or turns, but charges straight ahead in the face of danger."

As much as it pains me to agree with points from B's posts<Heh> I think he is correct on several levels about mass extermination of 1.5 Billion people not being a plan that I want any part of..... What I would like is open acknowledgement that islam is not compatible with democracy. I'm fine with measured punishing strikes against islamic areas regardless of where the country borders are when islam attacks us though.
To be sucessful we also need to look at ways to cut off the trillions of $ going into the oil ticks pockets too.....control our borders and profile any muslims living here to the point where they decide to move out... it would be a start.
I suppose the hardest part would be getting the American oil power base to give up the "easy money" the current arrangements are putting into their accounts...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Bristoe,

Did you take your sabbatical already or trash the plan or just put it on hold?

MM

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think B maybe off shopping for baking supplies....

Meanwhile the posters over at CNN are stunned at the thought of not fighting according to the rules:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/08/04/tancredo-bomb-muslim-holy-sites-first/

Republican presidential hopeful Tom Tancredo
WASHINGTON (CNN) � Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo�s campaign stood by his assertion that bombing holy Muslim sites would serve as a good �deterrent� to prevent Islamic fundamentalists from attacking the United States, his spokeswoman said Friday.

�This shows that we mean business,� said Bay Buchanan, a senior Tancredo adviser. �There�s no more effective deterrent than that. But he is open-minded and willing to embrace other options. This is just a means to deter them from attacking us.�

On Tuesday, Tancredo warned a group of Iowans that another terrorist attack would �cause a worldwide economic collapse.� IowaPolitics.com recorded his comments.

�If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina,� Tancredo said. �That is the only thing I can think of that might deter somebody from doing what they would otherwise do. If I am wrong, fine, tell me, and I would be happy to do something else. But you had better find a deterrent, or you will find an attack.�

Tom Casey, a deputy spokesman for the State Department, told CNN�s Elise Labott that the congressman�s comments were �reprehensible� and �absolutely crazy.� Tancredo was widely criticized in 2005 for making a similar suggestion

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
He's absolutely right. I like Tancredo and although he has no chance at the presidential nomination I wouldn't mind seeing him be a vice president nominee. I love how people think bombing these terrorists where they rest is such a bad thing. IT'S HOW YOU WIN WARS. You don't just wait til the bad guys are ready to fight, you hit them when they're not expecting it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
And by isolationism, I mean the "real" kind. The population of the planet is projected to increase 50% by 2050 and double by 2100,.. with most of the increase coming from third world countries.

Any western nation which doesn't close itself off from the onslaught will be overrun and consumed.

Precisely. The human population growth may be the most fundamental of the problems we face--and the root of much of the complaints we have, about government, about immigration, about radical Islam...........

That is why I think it is far more imperative to close off our borders for a while--regardless of the illegals already here--and give ourselves a breather and time to sort things out.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well if those morons would build the damn fence that's already been approved that would solve a good amount of the problem.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Mike_in_OR86
Well if those morons would build the damn fence that's already been approved that would solve a good amount of the problem.

Damn it, will ya stop thinkin' logically already!

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I know it, we're all definitly going to be outcast's if one of these dumbocrats win the white house. They will quickly outlaw logical thinking.....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Seems like she's not from Jersey, not a she, and like most crap on the war (from either side) just that.... crap.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/foster.asp

YMMV,
Bob

"This country, this world, the [human] race of which you and I are a part, is great at having consensuses that are in great error." Rep. John Dingell (D-MI)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Either way, it seem she supports the content of the article.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't see the correct intro to the work by Mr. Patton as anything EVEN CLOSE to crap either:

"Ask Me if I Care About 'Mishandling' of Koran
By Doug Patton
June 6, 2005

First, Newsweek pulled a Dan Rather on us, running a fabricated story just because they wanted it to be true. They told the world that an American guard at the Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, detention center had ripped pages from a prisoner's Koran and flushed it down a toilet. As a result, innocent people died when practitioners of Islam rioted in protest in Afghanistan.

Oops, said Newsweek, it seems we can't back up our story. Oh well, it's probably true; we just can't prove it. (Isn't it convenient for Newsweek that the media now have "Deep Throat" to talk about so they can revel in their glory days and divert our attention from their criminal negligence.)

The lie heard round the world about the flushed Koran has caused convulsions in the Bush Administration and forced the Pentagon to launch an investigation of unfounded allegations contained in an unsubstantiated story. The results of said investigation are now in, and it seems there are at least five incidents of "mishandling" of the Koran at Gitmo.

Well, guess what? I don't care!

Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001? Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I don't care at all."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not pointed at anyone in particular but when somebody says it can't be done it only means somebody else will take the challenge. Nothing is impossible although it may take time, be it reconciliation between different cultures or eradication. I'd be thinking this is a good time for one or two of those cultures to define the future they think possible rather than rush to certain destruction. That nuclear weapons will be deployed en masse to resolve this conflict is NOT out of the realm of possibility nor does it match the brutality of conflicts waged in the past in this arena. Let this thing stew long enough and a nuclear/CBW strike against the US by terrorists is a certainty. Does anyone think a sitting POTUS could not respond with great violence against that?

My .02 on the subject, 1958 dollars.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That book sounds interesting.

I said a long time ago that if I were President: The first thing I would have done after 9/11 was ask Congress for a declaration of war against the Middle East. Second, was bomb Mecca and Medina, with follow up bombing of all the oil fields of the Middle East.

That would of bought a little time to mobilize the draft and gone on a full time war footing. When I said you are either with us or against us rest a sure the world would have realized they just stepped on the tail of a sleeping dragon and boy is he pissed.

But this would have required REAL men both in Congress and the White House and both places have been so feminized that all there are is pu$$ies in both places. So instead all we do is play at war instead of fighting a war.

I think what makes me so mad is that despite our warts and we have some warts, the US as a super power has done more for the world than any other super power since the beginning of time. Maybe it is time for the US to become a country of armed neutrality, get out of all treaties, and let the world flounder on it's own chitt. mad

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,794
Posts18,496,193
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.