Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Pappy348
So, we’re idiots for listening to the pharma folks and government health authorities, but listening to the wackdoodle alternative universe video makers makes perfect sense?

I guess that depends upon yer definition of “ wackdoodle alternative universe video makers”. These days there are many who think that just because a presenter disagrees with them that means they’re unworthy of consideration... or worse yet, deplatforming and cancelation.

There are doctors who presented their findings concerning COVID on YouTube back in April and were banned for presenting ideas out of synch with what Fauci and CDC were saying.

Now Fauci & CDC are saying what those Drs were saying back then.

Who was the “ wackdoodle alternative universe video makers” Fauci or the Drs who were ahead of him?

Is it “wackdoodle” to have trusted those Drs over Fauci “way back when”?

GMAFB. There are risks associated with getting the shot and not getting the shot. Take your pick and good luck.

The problem with your statement here is that the dynamic alluded to above has kept us from access to reliable information upon which we can make those decisions.

But to answer your question yes, I’d say it’s idiotic to take big pharma & big brother at their words and yes, we should all be free to calculate for ourselves the risk/reward ration of taking or not taking the vaccine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by NVhntr
There are about 20,000 FDA approved prescription drugs: FDA at a glance, and there have been about 35 drugs pulled from the market since 1970: FDA pulled drugs, or .00175% of those previously approved.
To me, the hysteria regarding the "it might kill me later" argument is a classic straw man.
There are about a million things that could kill me later, one more.....meh.

Lol. Better check your facts. Thousands of drugs have been recalled!

Apples to Oranges
Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word recall.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clearly there are therapeutics that are very helpful, and that avenue was neglected and even disparaged by those pushing hard for a vaccine, pretty much a political thing in my view. That doesn't mean the “vaccines” are ineffective or unsafe for use. Some will benefit, some will have reactions or even die, just like with all the other drugs, therapies, and vaccines. All medicines have a cost/risk/benefit associated with their use. The COVID stuff hasn’t been through the same mill as stuff created during normal times, so there’s perhaps a greater possibility for issues with it. Pick a card, any card.

Just because a video is produced by a doctor, doesn’t mean you can take its information as gospel. Some doctors are politically motivated, some are crooks, some are prima donna azzholes, etc etc. Do some research until you’re satisfied with your own conclusions and act on them.

Gotta go. It’s time for my ear candle treatment.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well said, works perfectly for those who can think for themselves.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You didn’t answer my questions they weren’t rhetorical but I do think we agree.

There is no certain conclusions; the govt is not to be trusted on their face, nor are doctors.

Pretty impossible to make a decision based upon reliable information. We live in an over informed age overloaded with absolute certainty on every side and in every direction with thinking people tossing a dart and hoping for the right answer.

My decision to avoid THIS vaccine is consistent with my general avoidance of medicines if lifestyle modifications can impart the same effect.

COVID isn’t smallpox, measles, or any of the other deadly diseases for which there are time proven vaccines. For me in my age group it’s vastly more survivable than deadly.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by efw
You didn’t answer my questions they weren’t rhetorical but I do think we agree.

There is no certain conclusions; the govt is not to be trusted on their face, nor are doctors.

Pretty impossible to make a decision based upon reliable information. We live in an over informed age overloaded with absolute certainty on every side and in every direction with thinking people tossing a dart and hoping for the right answer.

My decision to avoid THIS vaccine is consistent with my general avoidance of medicines if lifestyle modifications can impart the same effect.

COVID isn’t smallpox, measles, or any of the other deadly diseases for which there are time proven vaccines. For me in my age group it’s vastly more survivable than deadly.

I'm a doctor and I am writing you a script for a double layer tin foil hat.

You're welcome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m unaware of any videos made by Fauci, or others at that point in time, so your questions appeared rhetorical. I did read some early stuff about therapeutics and thought, “sure, why not?” Of course, most of those weren’t approved for COVID, so were generally unavailable unless the patient was “connected” in some way. Trump was even criticized for promoting the drug he was given, which obviously worked very well.

The wackdoodle videos I’m talking about are ones posted by various characters here that have a history of buying into conspiracy theories and getting their “news” from questionable sources (not that there are many reliable sources these days!). I’ve tried to watch a few in the past but always end up regretting the time wasted. If you’re one of those guys, well sorry.

After reading the info at the link I posted above, I’m actually more confident that the shot I was given, isn’t going to harm me. Whether or not it’s effective is another question. Like I said, believe it or don’t. It may not all be totally factual, but I think it unlikely that the drug companies would deliberately put themselves at risk of massive class-action lawsuits by falsifying information or data.

What fresh Hell is this?
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by callnum

I'm a doctor and I am writing you a script for a double layer tin foil hat.

You're welcome.

From what I’ve witnessed here there isn’t a govt official to whom you wouldn’t play Monica Lewinsky so I take that as a compliment.

Thank you very much!

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Herd immunity is a numbers game not a seasonal one. This disease took off in the spring and gained strength throughout the summer, unlike the common flu.
The numbers are going down as more folks are get immunized as well as the that many have already had the China virus.
But, the tin hat crowd don't seem to recognize that could be happening.
If I lived alone I probably would not have gotten the shots, but I live with a wife who is at high risk if she gets the China virus. I'd rather be safe than a widower.
YMMV, everyone can decide for themselves.

I am 70 and a diabetic and considered high risk. I fed my horses and cows every day, I had a headache my ears were plugged and my body ached and no fever. My wife also had it and she ran a fever for about a week. My mother had it in the nursing home and she refused to believe that she had it even after testing positive because she didn't feel bad

I'm not taking the vaccine especially not a RNA vaccine

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I’m unaware of any videos made by Fauci, or others at that point in time, so your questions appeared rhetorical. I did read some early stuff about therapeutics and thought, “sure, why not?” Of course, most of those weren’t approved for COVID, so were generally unavailable unless the patient was “connected” in some way. Trump was even criticized for promoting the drug he was given, which obviously worked very well.

The wackdoodle videos I’m talking about are ones posted by various characters here that have a history of buying into conspiracy theories and getting their “news” from questionable sources (not that there are many reliable sources these days!). I’ve tried to watch a few in the past but always end up regretting the time wasted. If you’re one of those guys, well sorry.

After reading the info at the link I posted above, I’m actually more confident that the shot I was given, isn’t going to harm me. Whether or not it’s effective is another question. Like I said, believe it or don’t. It may not all be totally factual, but I think it unlikely that the drug companies would deliberately put themselves at risk of massive class-action lawsuits by falsifying information or data.

You can't sue over a vaccine, they have immunity from suits no matter any harm they may cause

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
CDC conducted descriptive analyses of safety data from the first month of vaccination (December 14, 2020–January 13, 2021). During this period, 13,794,904 vaccine doses were administered, and VAERS received and processed† 6,994 reports of adverse events after vaccination, including 6,354 (90.8%) that were classified as nonserious and 640 (9.2%) as serious.§ The symptoms most frequently reported to VAERS were headache (22.4%), fatigue (16.5%), and dizziness (16.5%). A total of 113 deaths were reported to VAERS, including 78 (65%) among LTCF residents; available information from death certificates, autopsy reports, medical records, and clinical descriptions from VAERS reports and health care providers did not suggest any causal relationship between COVID-19 vaccination and death. Rare cases of anaphylaxis after receipt of both vaccines were reported (4.5 reported cases per million doses administered). Among persons who received Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, reactions reported to the v-safe system were more frequent after receipt of the second dose than after the first. The initial postauthorization safety profiles of the two COVID-19 vaccines in current use did not indicate evidence of unexpected serious adverse events. These data provide reassurance and helpful information regarding what health care providers and vaccine recipients might expect after vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7008e3.htm

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Rewrite that in 3, 5, 10 years and see what the results are.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Rewrite that in 3, 5, 10 years and see what the results are.

Agreed this was over a short period of time for sure

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Funny, anyone who questions Fauci is supposedly wearing a tinfoil hat. If you trust Fauci, I will gladly call you a gullible idiot. If you can't tell that self serving POS isn't a greasy weasel, I don't know what to tell you. Take 5 " shots " wear 3 masks, you will be fine. Just stay home under your blankey.

Questionable news sources ??? That's the definition of the MSM...

Well said efw.

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by bowfisher
Funny, anyone who questions Fauci is supposedly wearing a tinfoil hat. If you trust Fauci, I will gladly call you a gullible idiot. If you can't tell that self serving POS isn't a greasy weasel, I don't know what to tell you. Take 5 " shots " wear 3 masks, you will be fine. Just stay home under your blankey.

Questionable news sources ??? That's the definition of the MSM...

Well said efw.

Fauci changes positions as the politics change

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I can see those people who have pre existing health problems getting the China flu shot. My doctor said I should consider getting the China flu shot because I have COPD. I asked her if she recommends me to get the vaccine and she said no. Less than 1% of the US population has died from the China flu since the beginning of this pandemic. Now the doctors have a pretty good idea how to treat symptoms and can cure everyone that's half azz healthy.
To call the the China flu shot a vaccine is stretching the truth, and the CDC knows this.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I can see those people who have pre existing health problems getting the China flu shot. My doctor said I should consider getting the China flu shot because I have COPD. I asked her if she recommends me to get the vaccine and she said no. Less than 1% of the US population has died from the China flu since the beginning of this pandemic. Now the doctors have a pretty good idea how to treat symptoms and can cure everyone that's half azz healthy.
To call the the China flu shot a vaccine is stretching the truth, and the CDC knows this.

Exactly

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Have mild COPD, got both shots, have not died.

I rather hope about 200 million don't get shots or any immunizations of any kind.
When they die we would be back at 1950s population levels.
I DO miss IKE !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldTimeHunter
Have mild COPD, got both shots, have not died.

I rather hope about 200 million don't get shots or any immunizations of any kind.
When they die we would be back at 1950s population levels.
I DO miss IKE !

How, exactly, does that math work????

When we were doing almost everything wrong treating covid-19 patients, the death rate was still less than 5%. Now we know what we're doing and it's waaaaaay less than 1%.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (Buckshot5, Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, 6 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,592
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.