Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
BLRNut Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I have 3 Simply Rugged holsters which are GREAT. Since I am ooking for a "chest" holster to carry hunting, I thought I would give them a call concerning the one they have, i.e. the Chesty Puller. After identifying myself as a very pleased prior customer to Mr. Rob Leahy the owner, I started to ask my questions. He stopped me and very rudely and abruptly told me " After you buy my holster, I don't care what you do to it". I again tried to ask about the holster-strap fasteners, to which he replied, "Told you, I don't care". I thanked him and hung up.

Maybe the $175.00, holster and accessories, wasn't enough of a purchase for him to be concerned about, but Simply Rugged and Rob can be assured they need not be concerned about my purchases in the future.

In my book, Rude customer interaction equates to NO sales now or in the future.

Just thought Campfirers ought to know.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No doubt. What a colossal jerk. You would think the owner of a company would be willing to answer questions about his products. All he had to do is provide you with the information you requested and make a few recommendations and you likely would have posted your positive experience. Instead, the owner of Simply Rugged now has alienated many potential customers.

What a moron. He's probably a Marxist as well.

Last edited by High_Noon; 03/06/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Or maybe he was just grumpy that day. Or the OP isn't giving an accurate retelling of the whole conversation?

Regardless, seems a bit drama queenish. As long as the product is solid and worth the coin, I don't see the issue.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
send Him a link to this thread.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.leahy.3

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
or I can if you want?

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My GP100 holster he made is freaking awesome.

I don't wanna be his friend, I do, however, want an awesome holster once in a while.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or consider the El Paso Saddlery Tanker holster

https://epsaddlery.com/?s=1942&post_type=product

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
diamond d is superior in my opinion. and i have both. when i called dd about something the guy was very helpful and friendly.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have never had a bad experience with Simply Rugged and started buying their holsters while they were still operating out of Alaska. The last 2 experiences I had with EL Paso Saddlery on the other hand were not so good, long waits, no response to inquiries, etc.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't bought any more holsters from El Paso Saddlery since 2017. Mine took a few weeks (6?) but I didn't try to contact them in the interim, either.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It's been probably 12 years since I bought a holster and ammo pouch from Simply Rugged, but he seemed like a really nice guy. Sorry you had such a bad experience.
Some things are just hard to understand.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have your wife call him.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Or maybe he was just grumpy that day. Or the OP isn't giving an accurate retelling of the whole conversation?

Regardless, seems a bit drama queenish. As long as the product is solid and worth the coin, I don't see the issue.

Hmm... I can't agree. I don't care how bad of a day any owner or representative in customer service is having. If I get treated badly, I'm not rewarding their behavior by helping line their pockets and keep them in business, especially so if the person owns the company. There's enough crappy CS out there already, and letting people get away with that kind of arrogance, lack of civility and lousy treatment does nothing to curb it. Quite the opposite, I think. I don't expect anyone to kiss my ass, ever, or even that they seem appreciative of my business (though that never hurts). I do draw the line at rudeness, however.

If there is a story behind the OPs that he's leaving out, then that could change my tune for sure, but assuming he was telling the truth, that's more than enough for me to decide to never patronize Mr. Leahy's business.

There was a guy that owned a LGS called 'Big Al's' in Seabrook, NH that I went into years ago. I had a couple grand in my pocket that was burning a hole and I was ready to spend. I went in and looked around and saw a few things that interested me. Three, in fact. I asked to see them and each time Al would mumble under his breath and look upset, like I was taking his valuable time away from him by asking to see things. I kept my mouth shut, and kept window shopping. I really liked three of his long guns and added up they totaled $2100 and change. I then asked him if he'd be willing to take $2K for the three. The guy blew his top and started ranting and raving about how everyone that walks through the door wants to scalp him and he was sick of it, and that he'd take one of the guns on the wall and blow his own brains out before selling a single one for even a penny less than what he had it advertised for. I told him that was fine, and not to worry, as I'd never step darken the doorstep of his establishment again, and never did.

Years later I heard he did in fact off himself, right there in his shop. Oh, well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, there you have it folks.

Great story L, sad sad ending.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Man, that doesn't sound like Rob at all but then I was not part of the conversation. He has always been polite and professional when I have dealt with him and visited with him in person and he has provided leather gear for people like my kids who serve in the military at no charge.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe the OP has a squeaky-whiney voice.

That chit gets under skin too.

Maybe not. Just throwing that out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Maybe the OP has a squeaky-whiney voice.

That chit gets under skin too.

Maybe not. Just throwing that out there.

Or rambles like Joe Biden.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Hmm... I can't agree. I don't care how bad of a day any owner or representative in customer service is having. If I get treated badly, I'm not rewarding their behavior by helping line their pockets and keep them in business, especially so if the person owns the company. There's enough crappy CS out there already, and letting people get away with that kind of arrogance, lack of civility and lousy treatment does nothing to curb it. Quite the opposite, I think. I don't expect anyone to kiss my ass, ever, or even that they seem appreciative of my business (though that never hurts). I do draw the line at rudeness, however.

If there is a story behind the OPs that he's leaving out, then that could change my tune for sure, but assuming he was telling the truth, that's more than enough for me to decide to never patronize Mr. Leahy's business.

I don't disagree that I appreciate cordial service. And I too have sworn off businesses that I felt didn't warrant my patronage based on how I was treated.

But I wouldn't come online and mutherfugk a by all accounts reputable holster maker because he was rude to me on the phone.

Now if I went into a restaurant and had a shidty server, or a repair shop with azzhole's at the front desk then yes.

I've not reason to discount the tale as told up front either. Based on the original post, that wouldn't keep me from buying from Simply Rugged, I would simply look at their offerings and if they had something I wanted or needed I'd buy it after asking around for input from other end users.

YMMV

MAGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

There was a guy that owned a LGS called 'Big Al's' in Seabrook, NH that I went into years ago. I had a couple grand in my pocket that was burning a hole and I was ready to spend. I went in and looked around and saw a few things that interested me. Three, in fact. I asked to see them and each time Al would mumble under his breath and look upset, like I was taking his valuable time away from him by asking to see things. I kept my mouth shut, and kept window shopping. I really liked three of his long guns and added up they totaled $2100 and change. I then asked him if he'd be willing to take $2K for the three. The guy blew his top and started ranting and raving about how everyone that walks through the door wants to scalp him and he was sick of it, and that he'd take one of the guns on the wall and blow his own brains out before selling a single one for even a penny less than what he had it advertised for. I told him that was fine, and not to worry, as I'd never step darken the doorstep of his establishment again, and never did.

Years later I heard he did in fact off himself, right there in his shop. Oh, well.

that sounds like a local guy that was around here. he bought a successful little LGS that i had been going to for years and buying ammo and various things. i bought a 870 supermag from the original owner even though he was 40 or so bucks higher than dicks sporting goods. and he did several ffl transfers for me and we would bs. when the new guy took over, he was an obnoxious loudmouth and always seemed pissed off. his gun selection went to schit and his prices went sky high. i had him do an ffl transfer for me and he charged me 40 bucks. and this was 15 or so years ago. and this was with him being the receiving party. all he had to do was lift the box onto the counter and enter the info into his books. he then proceeded to tell me that i had bought a POS that wasn't worth what i paid and was extolling the virtues of some plastic stocked thing he had. meanwhile mine was a well weathered 75 y/o remington model 14r carbine. when i tried to tell him what it was and that i collected them, he didn't want to hear it. i certainly didn't get a deal, especially after the 40 buck ffl fee but it was worth it to me. after that experience i never darkened his doorway again. he lasted about 2 or 3 more years and the place is now a smoke shop. i ended up redoing the 14 and it now looks fantastic and given the time elapsed since, it is probably worth twice what i have in it.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (257 mag, 35, badwolf, benchman, BDR1, 8 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,058
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.