Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by OldHat
Seed oils? Wtf. Common sense will tell you people have been eating seed oils for thousands of years.

Okay then.

Tell me how they got oil from corn, soybeans, cottonseed, and rapeseed thousands of years ago?

Simple answer is that they didn't. That takes industrial processing and has only been in existence for 100 years or so.

Up until then fat was obtained from an animal or pressing something like olives.

If they ate the seeds, it would follow that the oil inside the seeds was eaten too.

Maybe not concentrated amounts, but still...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Happy Camper got a sock puppet?

lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pro-tip: we're all going to die

Figure out what you're willing to sacrifice for quality of life, exercise, stay active, and move on with liv'n

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Futura
They extract the seed oils using solvents to get the oil out of the pulp of the seeds that they then evaporate off. Then they hydrogenize it to make it stable and have a longer shelf life. So the seed oils we have now are processed and consumed in a way that humans never did before. I’ll stick with lard.

Thank you for this explanation. I see guys advocating taking shots of olive oil daily and my reaction was - 'no'. I would like to know more on this as I have high cholo and bp and do not want to take statins.

So what is the best thing to use? I never deep fry and hardly ever fry. I do stick to butter over margarine. Trying to cut carbs but can't make the move to light beer. So ....yeah.......first worlder here..

What baby steps? I did just start to eat celery daily. Someone going to tell me that wil kill me too ?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by high_country_
There could be a little overlooked portion of this being that damn near every plant cut for profit is a gmo project of Monsanto. So while humans may have been eating seed oils forever, seed oils ain't what they used to be.

I had my blood panel done during a hard keto run. I'd eat a solid cup of bacon fat daily and often more. My cholesterol numbers were incredibly low.

I haven't bought a piece of beef since 1993, my red meat consists of elk and deer exclusively.....and the numbers don't make me want to change.

That’s a bit of internet lore...been in the seed business for 35 years.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kenjs1
They extract the seed oils using solvents to get the oil out of the pulp of the seeds that they then evaporate off. Then they hydrogenize it to make it stable and have a longer shelf life. So the seed oils we have now are processed and consumed in a way that humans never did before. I’ll stick with lard.

Thank you for this explanation. I see guys advocating taking shots of olive oil daily and my reaction was - 'no'. I would like to know more on this as I have high cholo and bp and do not want to take statins.

So what is the best thing to use? I never deep fry and hardly ever fry. I do stick to butter over margarine. Trying to cut carbs but can't make the move to light beer. So ....yeah.......first worlder here..

What baby steps? I did just start to eat celery daily. Someone going to tell me that wil kill me too ?

Olives are simply pressed right off the trees to extract olive oil. The oil comes from the meat of the olive.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've asked before Barry, is any of that olive pulp fed to cattle?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Celery eh?

Remember those nitrates you read was real bad for you?

Haha!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've asked before Barry, is any of that olive pulp fed to cattle?

We don't. Not sure if others do...

I do know cattle love to eat the ends off the olive trees... Leaves and all.

The new growth an olive tree puts on it's branches are what bears the blooms and fruit the following season.

(BTW, the olive trees at the orchard got burnt back seriously in the deep freeze Texas had a few weeks ago. I bet it'll be two years before any orchards in Texas have any olive oil harvested.) Bad setback for the industry here in Texas. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
That 22 blank cartridge they use to shoot dna from one plant into the seed of a different plant is pure evil also. GMO is the devils tool. Lol edk

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What baby steps? I did just start to eat celery daily. Someone going to tell me that will kill me too ?

Celery eh?

Remember those nitrates you read was real bad for you?

Haha!

"F"- I just knew it!!!!

Rocinbbar- thanks for that reminder about olive oil. Forgot that. Still don't think I want to do shots of it every day like I have seen people tout.

Last edited by kenjs1; 03/07/21.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by high_country_
There could be a little overlooked portion of this being that damn near every plant cut for profit is a gmo project of Monsanto. So while humans may have been eating seed oils forever, seed oils ain't what they used to be.

I had my blood panel done during a hard keto run. I'd eat a solid cup of bacon fat daily and often more. My cholesterol numbers were incredibly low.

I haven't bought a piece of beef since 1993, my red meat consists of elk and deer exclusively.....and the numbers don't make me want to change.

Yeah, it's 2021 and most people still think that eating fat=high serum cholesterol. They never consider cutting out the flour, bread, potatoes and rice and looking at the effect on their serum lipids.

Carbohydrates like Rice? So that's what kills the Japanese so young, huh?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Steve
Seed oils? Wtf. Common sense will tell you people have been eating seed oils for thousands of years.

Nobody died in the old days.

Actually they did die and the average life span was far shorter than it is today.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Couple of vids on the poison we're eating too much of. Apparently heart disease and cancer were rare till seed oils came along....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGnfXXIKZM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Could it be that accurate testing and medical records were also rare?

Are you a graduate of the slappy hampster school of medicine, theology, and martial arts?

LOL

mike r

So you didn't watch the videos either? I'm just the messenger. If you don't like it, take it up with the docs and researchers who reached the conclusion that seed oils are bad for you.

Why would we?

People are dying of cancer and heart disease now because we've defeated most of the historically more common causes of death.
We die of Cancer and heart disease because that's about all that's left that can still kill us.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Ive never bought and eaten rapeseeds (canola) or cotton seeds, but this stuff is making me wonder about how if the carbohydrates and seed oils are so bad, how has our life expectancy almost doubled since 1900?

Carbohydrates make people fat and give them diabetes, right? So do the Japanese have those problems?
A hundred years ago all they had to cook in was lard and they didnt live as long as we normally do now, right?
Is it just because we dont step on rusty nails?

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/07/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Steve

Nobody died in the old days.

Actually they did die and the average life span was far shorter than it is today.

Aaaaaaand there it is........

Happy is a fear-mongering Karen. He ignores inconvenient facts as a rule.

This stuff is killing us, OMG!!!!!!! (But life expectancy continues to rise to the point we have to raise the SS retirement age, lol)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yep. He wanted to float some theories that some might think are bordering on conspiratorial.

Without sullying his reputation.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

Yep. He wanted to float some theories that some might think are bordering on conspiratorial.

Without sullying his reputation.

😂

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I eat seed oil, animal fat, red meat, candy. An egg McMuffin is a favorite meal. It's upsetting to learn I'm a dead man walking (and I walk a LOT). Just a few more years and I'll be eighty. The way things are going in the world, I may not be all that anxious to live longer anyway. GD

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by greydog
I eat seed oil, animal fat, red meat, candy. An egg McMuffin is a favorite meal. It's upsetting to learn I'm a dead man walking (and I walk a LOT). Just a few more years and I'll be eighty. The way things are going in the world, I may not be all that anxious to live longer anyway. GD

Yer tryin ta git us kilt.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (16penny, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,524
Posts18,472,626
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.