Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I logged on in 2008. I've now over 9K posts on 24hr, of which I'd say 99% are outside the "Free Classifieds".

I subscribe to the bromide "It takes a lifetime to build a reputation, but a moment to destroy it."

Nothing I sell here is worth sacrificing whatever good will I've built over the last 12 years or so.

With that in mind, I had my first experience a couple weeks ago here on 24Hr with a transaction with which I was less than totally satisfied.

The seller had more than a couple hundred posts, but only a smidge were posted in any forums outside the Classifieds and it seems most items did not sell or sold to folks with very few posts.

I understand and subscribe to the idea of 'Caveat Emptor", and evidently I lapsed and did not do my due diligence.

By what standard do you guys deem a seller to be "worth his salt"

Just asking for me, not a friend?

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 03/11/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If it is really going to matter, only do it with someone that you are familiar with.

Anyone that would do you wrong is no friend of mine. Let us know please.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I look for several hundred posts at least, and most not classifieds.
I'll also look at some of their past posts to see if they seem trustworthy.
Anyone who seems to treat this place like Ebay gets a pass.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seems there used to be a "good guy " list or such? Is that still a viable option or too large now to wade through.

I've only picked up a couple of things here. On the one rifle I got there was good communications, it was near enough and convenient to pick up the rifle from the seller at the FFL for the transfer, and the seller also is a long time poster on many fora here.

I guess if it were something "pricey" I'd have to put out some feelers to some folks I know on here to see what they know about the seller.

Sorry to hear of your bad experience gdub.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Also, if they have a history of deferring to their wive's judgement on how to conduct their manly affairs, they get a pass.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a few posters personally who never come to this part of the Fire, because they have no desire to be a part of the stupid and childlike crap that goes on here. Instead, they post on the technical threads and the classifieds................and I would trust them more than anyone on this site. A large post count mostly means that someone is just coming here out of boredom.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of "Classifieds Cowboys" here... and other forums as well.

Some are okay to buy or sell from, and some are not.

I'm more cautious with Classified Cowboys than I am a regular member that's not here just for the ads.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've gotten on the phone with them and talked through some things. Sometimes that sorts out a lot.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
What James Jr said !!

mjones 59
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
From known solid dudes👍👍👍
Whether they are up here mostly or other forums.
With good back and forth Commo.
No problem.

Reps are important as a straight shooter with integrity.
Being a clown d bag such as myself on the gen forum is my rep.
But I got integrity and Im a straight shooter.

I dont risk dealings buying something from non established sellers without a solid rep on here.

Does that suck for new sellers on here or ones who have been here for awhile trying to get established.
Yep...
Does it suck for a buyer when a seller like that has something you as a buyer have been surfing the classifieds for and wont take the chance because of it.
Yep

What boggles my mind is when the members hammer scam artist and the scam artist dont get banned or their IP address blocked by Bin......
Recent example is this chuck willid guy and 2 well known solid members who have been flim flammed by this guy.
Another is the legendary safariman and all the schit surrounding him and his scams on here and elsewhere.
All they do is make a sockpuppet and throw the bait back in the classifieds IMO.

At least Gopher Gunner is being dealt with by the members thru the sheer embarrassment factor that is happening with Kamo,s reveal and the Stubby tour that is beginnng to take off.

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I am cranky this morning so...

I have had a couple of good experiences. But now unless it was face to face, I don’t know. It appears there are lots of bitches and con artists around lately.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don’t think I ever bought here, but I’ve sold a few things. No trouble so far, but I see shady-looking offers all the time. Seems like the really risky ones are the responses from newbies to WTB posts. Recent “issues” with the USPS have me thinking I’m going to quit selling online period. I’m definitely not selling any guns like that, or probably buying any either. Don’t want the stress or drama associated with packages in limbo.

I also get the impression that the crazy prices for ammo and components has finally worn down the resolve of people to not get involved in that “trade”. One well-known character listed some ammo yesterday, at crazy prices, and for some reason it kinda pissed me off. I doubt this guy needs the money, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. If I had a few extra bricks I wasn’t going to use, I’d rather donate it to someone with kids or otherwise in a bind than go to all the trouble of traveling to a Service Center so I could make a couple hundred bucks. Maybe I’m just a grouchy old fart.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Seems there used to be a "good guy " list or such? Is that still a viable option or too large now to wade through.

There is and it's huge.

Two sellers I bought cast boolits from said they were gonna add me to the list but doing a search is beyond my skills. Like I said it's huge.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
To me having thousands of posts, just shows your part of the good old boy network that resides here. I was a frequent poster here fin the past for a few, years then because of the attitudes of "some" I quit, and went other ways. I am back and do enjoy a spirited discussion but sometimes get my fill of the "clique" reinforcing each others supposedly sharp, witty comments. I realize that being the new guy in any social setting, is most always difficult, but some here seem to relish making others feel uncomfortable. I have a very thick skin, but others may not, and decide this is not the place for them. Being new, in any group doesn't necessarily prove that ones experience is also lacking. I have 60 years in the field, shooting, hunting, reloading primarily in the West, so I know little or nothing about hunting in the east, Africa, or other far away places. For many here those adventures are dreams, and will always be dreams, Try and be considerate when posting especially when its obvious that the person posting may not have your skill set or experience. Our culture needs new blood, and new people to embrace the experiences that many here have already had. Many of our rights are in danger and we need every "body, person," enable us to protect our rights and stand together. The new folks are our future.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve had good luck buying things here. I have no complaints at all. I’ve sold some too, don’t think anyone has been unhappy. I try to throw in a little extra goody in the box. I enjoy surprising people. I’d make it better than right if they weren’t happy. I do plumbing and welding for people sometimes. I try to give them a little more than what they paid for. I’m always on time if I’m going to someone’s home, never late. I’d rather be dead than have an unhappy customer, but that’s just me.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I assume people are honest until they aren’t. I don’t care where they post.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RAS
I assume people are honest until they aren’t. I don’t care where they post.

That’s my general policy as well.

I lay forth strict terms when selling (USPS MO or PayPal only) that become flexible if I know the buyer well (expanded to personal checks, items shipped before payments received).

I have never been burned and while I’ll do my homework on sellers if they’re very new I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Of course how much of that I give is often proportional to the size of the transaction.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can’t stand a thief, buyer or seller. I rank them with no good groids.

I have never sold anything on here and outside of here, I have only sold one rifle to a roadside stranger, ever. I am just not the flea market type.

I would just as soon give something away or haul it to Junk-4-Jesus or the dump than screw with people.

It’s very difficult to know someone’s heart through the internet.
I feel like if your metal has been tested on the general campfire and you’ve been able to tread water, post pics, and come off like you actually do something, I might take a chance.

If youre some never go-outside shîtbird that only posts obscure wacky glen beck, alex jones links and the never ending Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Jade Helm, the sky is falling threads, mehhh. Youre too lazy to mail me anything. So piss off, won’t deal with those types either.

The less than 2,000 post count people who only hover on the classifeds, never!! Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker types is how I look at them.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geedubya, I've enjoyed a great many of those 9K post. Sorry to hear a less than ideal transaction occurred. I haven't done much in the classifieds for a couple of years, but it's always been my understanding if either party is dissatisfied, you can return said item for a full refund, (less shipping)?

No?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Don’t think I ever bought here, but I’ve sold a few things. No trouble so far, but I see shady-looking offers all the time. Seems like the really risky ones are the responses from newbies to WTB posts. Recent “issues” with the USPS have me thinking I’m going to quit selling online period. I’m definitely not selling any guns like that, or probably buying any either. Don’t want the stress or drama associated with packages in limbo.

I also get the impression that the crazy prices for ammo and components has finally worn down the resolve of people to not get involved in that “trade”. One well-known character listed some ammo yesterday, at crazy prices, and for some reason it kinda pissed me off. I doubt this guy needs the money, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. If I had a few extra bricks I wasn’t going to use, I’d rather donate it to someone with kids or otherwise in a bind than go to all the trouble of traveling to a Service Center so I could make a couple hundred bucks. Maybe I’m just a grouchy old fart.

No....
You are hitting good points actually.
Benjamins turn people to the dark side in aspects of life.
Even if it is capitalism.
It still dont nullify the stink.......

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.