Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 45 46
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hey Leighton, I am in Michigan.
But, I will probably get to bask in Stubby’s glory at the Coopersville get together. If Bitchmer doesn’t close the state down again.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm up for a Northern Michigan pic. Mackinaw Bridge in the background, maybe?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Updated. If I've missed anyone, please add yourself.

Kamo Gari, MA, NH and ME

1. AKCHOPPER, WA
2. Northern Dave, MN
3. Kingston, MI
4. 280shooter, ID
5. Valsdad, CA
6. Skankhunt42, PA
7. Fireball2, OR
8. Renegade50, TN
9. NDsnowman, ND
10. BillyGoatGruff, MT (?)
11. Hunter4623, NJ
12. Ironbender, AK
13. NH K9, OH and NH
14. STXhunter, TX
15. AcesNeights, WA and HI
16. Cheyenne, WY
17. Sockpuppet, NM
18. Fubarski, MO
19. Crittrgittr, UT
20. Gypsy Wind, MI
21. Jcubed, AZ
22. M_stevenson, MI
23. CharlieFoxtrot, state(s)?
24. Bruinruin, MI
25. Rooster, MN
26. dvdegeorge, NY

P.S. I'm beginning to get worried about Stubbs hitting Michigan. That mob sounds like TROUBLE...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Kamo Gari, MA, NH and ME

1. AKCHOPPER, WA
2. Northern Dave, MN
3. Kingston, MI
4. 280shooter, ID
5. Valsdad, CA
6. Skankhunt42, PA
7. Fireball2, OR
8. Renegade50, TN
9. NDsnowman, ND
11. Hunter4623, NJ
12. Ironbender, AK
13. NH K9, OH and NH
14. STXhunter, TX
16. Cheyenne, WY
17. Sockpuppet, NM
18. Fubarski, MO
19. Crittrgittr, UT
20. Gypsy Wind, MI
21. Jcubed, AZ
22. M_stevenson, MI
24. Bruinruin, MI
25. Rooster, MN
26. dvdegeorge, NY

P.S. I'm beginning to get worried about Stubbs hitting Michigan. That mob sounds like TROUBLE...

We're alright. Just bored and waiting for spring to hit.🙂

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Kamo Gari, MA, NH and ME

1. AKCHOPPER, WA
2. Northern Dave, MN
3. Kingston, MI
4. 280shooter, ID
5. Valsdad, CA
6. Skankhunt42, PA
7. Fireball2, OR
8. Renegade50, TN
9. NDsnowman, ND
11. Hunter4623, NJ
12. Ironbender, AK
13. NH K9, OH and NH
14. STXhunter, TX
16. Cheyenne, WY
17. Sockpuppet, NM
18. Fubarski, MO
19. Crittrgittr, UT
20. Gypsy Wind, MI
21. Jcubed, AZ
22. M_stevenson, MI
24. Bruinruin, MI
25. Rooster, MN
26. dvdegeorge, NY

We're alright. Just bored and waiting for spring to hit.🙂

Hey Skot, don’t lie to the man. 😉😁
We’re bad news. We’re gonna terrorize Coopersville on our Rascals and throw used Depends through shop windows. 😂

Oh yeah, I forgot to let Leighton know that Charlie Foxtrot is in Michigan too.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 03/13/21.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ain't I in thar for NW Ontario? (When any of us can go)

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I confess corn-fusion. You proclaimed a certain known thief by means of fraud a friend and good guy misunderstood, yet have your hand up as willing participant of a game designed at least in part as a lasting reminder of unforgivable deception and treachery? Help me out here, please. Where the blazes do you stand? How can you stand in support of your pal but at the same time want in on this. Please enlighten me. Seriously. I don't get it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It is a little cornfoosing ain’t it Leighton?

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
More'n a little from here. 'Check. Your move.' 'I'd like 500 for 'what is a frontal lobotomy, Alex!'

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Some people just don’t get it.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
When I saw this thread I thought it was about improving a BBQ sauce

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Lobster wars!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Leighton,

That knife to the right of Stubbs brings back a ton of memories. My Grandpa gave me one just like it when I was a kid. That knife was in my pocket daily before I lost it.

My Dad said he thinks they were made for cutting rope on fishing boats. Is that true?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well done Leighton! smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Kamo Gari, MA, NH and ME

1. AKCHOPPER, WA
2. Northern Dave, MN
3. Kingston, MI
4. 280shooter, ID
5. Valsdad, CA
6. Skankhunt42, PA
7. Fireball2, OR
8. Renegade50, TN
9. NDsnowman, ND
11. Hunter4623, NJ
12. Ironbender, AK
13. NH K9, OH and NH
14. STXhunter, TX
16. Cheyenne, WY
17. Sockpuppet, NM
18. Fubarski, MO
19. Crittrgittr, UT
20. Gypsy Wind, MI
21. Jcubed, AZ
22. M_stevenson, MI
24. Bruinruin, MI
25. Rooster, MN
26. dvdegeorge, NY

I can do the VA

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ain't I in thar for NW Ontario? (When any of us can go)

I confess corn-fusion. You proclaimed a certain known thief by means of fraud a friend and good guy misunderstood, yet have your hand up as willing participant of a game designed at least in part as a lasting reminder of unforgivable deception and treachery? Help me out here, please. Where the blazes do you stand? How can you stand in support of your pal but at the same time want in on this. Please enlighten me. Seriously. I don't get it.

Originally Posted by m_stevenson
It is a little cornfoosing ain’t it Leighton?

More'n a little from here. 'Check. Your move.' 'I'd like 500 for 'what is a frontal lobotomy, Alex!'

Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Some people just don’t get it.

Leighton; I'll stand for Richard.

Honestly, he is a good guy, whom Deb & I personally interact with, when he comes up here.

He would do anything for anyone, His kindness knows no bounds.

We've eaten together, he's bought us double bone in Iowa pork chops, beef liver & tongue & even guanciale !! Probably forgetting more.

I'd not hesitate to say, that Richard, thinks the best of most people & situations, very positive in general & like most, can not fathom anybody, taking advantage of anyone, for personal gain.

I guess, that was reflected in his original, .... "can't believe" this scenario.

Of course, it's totally your call, just thought I'd throw my .02 out there in an effort to give you my personal knowledge of Richard.

Best regards, to You & Your's.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Lobster wars!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Leighton,

That knife to the right of Stubbs brings back a ton of memories. My Grandpa gave me one just like it when I was a kid. That knife was in my pocket daily before I lost it.

My Dad said he thinks they were made for cutting rope on fishing boats. Is that true?

Hi Rooster,

The knife is a 2 blade Barlow, made by ATCO of Japan. As best I can figure, it's designed as a basic utility knife, though you're right that the blade on this one looks like as if it is designed for a more specific cutting task, though I can't say as far as it being designed specifically for cutting rope. I got it along with a a bunch of others when cleaning out my late aunt's estate. I believe it's a 50s or 60s vintage.

Here's another similar one with a more traditional blade style:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vtg-1960s-japanese-atco-japan-barlow-254145179

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Leighton; I'll stand for Richard.

Honestly, he is a good guy, whom Deb & I personally interact with, when he comes up here.

He would do anything for anyone, His kindness knows no bounds.

We've eaten together, he's bought us double bone in Iowa pork chops, beef liver & tongue & even guanciale !! Probably forgetting more.

I'd not hesitate to say, that Richard, thinks the best of most people & situations, very positive in general & like most, can not fathom anybody, taking advantage of anyone, for personal gain.

I guess, that was reflected in his original, .... "can't believe" this scenario.

Of course, it's totally your call, just thought I'd throw my .02 out there in an effort to give you my personal knowledge of Richard.

Best regards, to You & Your's.

I've no doubt that Wabi is a decent and fundamentally good guy. I just don't understand how he can stand for a guy who I know to be a thief, and then want to be part of a game where the object we're sending around is the very one the same SOB destroyed on me.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Updated 3/15/21. If I've missed anyone, please add yourself.

Kamo Gari, MA, NH and ME

1. AKCHOPPER, WA
2. Northern Dave, MN
3. Kingston, MI
4. 280shooter, ID
5. Valsdad, CA
6. Skankhunt42, PA
7. Fireball2, OR
8. Renegade50, TN
9. NDsnowman, ND
11. Hunter4623, NJ
12. Ironbender, AK
13. NH K9, OH and NH
14. STXhunter, TX
16. Cheyenne, WY
17. Sockpuppet, NM
18. Fubarski, MO
19. Crittrgittr, UT
20. Gypsy Wind, MI
21. Jcubed, AZ
22. M_stevenson, MI
24. Bruinruin, MI
25. Rooster, MN
26. dvdegeorge, NY
27. Raeford, VA

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, the tour has reached the West coast. Well, not quite the coast as we're a good 5-7 hr drive away, depending on route, weather, and road construction.

The man of the hour, so to speak , arrived in fine shape this afternoon, plenty of tape on the package. More than plenty. But not quite an excess.

However, dick that I is, I cut the dang end off with a pair of shears and ruint the bottom of Leighton's nice plastic cover over the State List. He's a pro for sure........me? Not so much.

The situation is not dire, but it may be rectified if I can find a plastic sleeve around here. Or a giant ziplock.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Mr Stubbs, being a well rounded man about town, will not be relegated to only outdoor pursuits while a guest on the 7Acre RANCH! Some here know I have a fondness for epicurean delights. Thanks to Stubbs' dad, kamo_gari, who provided ideas for marinating some snow goose breasts I was gifted (actually the whole goose, I'm rarely lucky enough to get them cleaned already), Stubbs was available for assistance in the galley this evening. He assisted in the production of some Kerrygold Reserve, aged over 2 years, cheddar and goose breast quesadillas. He politely declined an offer of some for his dining pleasure, as he didn't want to get cheese and goose grease on his magnificent finish.

As is photographically evident, Stubbs is a fan of cast iron also. He would fit in on fora other than only the Hunters' Campfire, however, for ease of following his journey I will only post his visit records up here:

He was a pleasant dinner companion and did not hog the conversation, while seated to the right of the head of the table (OK, my computer desk, but I'm still the head of it) :

Tomorrow will hopefully bring a bit better weather for something outdoor related. Had Stubbs arrived a bit earlier, he may have gotten in on some attempts at starling population reduction. Unsuccessful, as the 8-15 mile per hour variable and gusty wind with blowing snow was not conducive to accurate shooting I guess. Stubbs suggested a ballistic calculator to plug in the 7.56 gr projectile, +/- 1000fps, and 25 yard distance at our elevation and latitude. I may have been using the wrong holdover and right compensation for the 3/4 value wind out of the North.

I'll have to check and make sure, but I think the only game seasons we have open right now are for non-game animals, yotes and jacks. I may decide to take ol' Stubbs up the hill for a walk in the new melting snow just for fun though. Take a 20g along for a walk.

Stubbs will be heading to Washington in a coupla days, for a vacation in Hawai'i following.

Stay tuned, same channel, same forum.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Well, the tour has reached the West coast. Well, not quite the coast as we're a good 5-7 hr drive away, depending on route, weather, and road construction.

The man of the hour, so to speak , arrived in fine shape this afternoon, plenty of tape on the package. More than plenty. But not quite an excess.

However, dick that I is, I cut the dang end off with a pair of shears and ruint the bottom of Leighton's nice plastic cover over the State List. He's a pro for sure........me? Not so much.

The situation is not dire, but it may be rectified if I can find a plastic sleeve around here. Or a giant ziplock.

Mr Stubbs, being a well rounded man about town, will not be relegated to only outdoor pursuits while a guest on the 7Acre RANCH! Some here know I have a fondness for epicurean delights. Thanks to Stubbs' dad, kamo_gari, who provided ideas for marinating some snow goose breasts I was gifted (actually the whole goose, I'm rarely lucky enough to get them cleaned already), Stubbs was available for assistance in the galley this evening. He assisted in the production of some Kerrygold Reserve, aged over 2 years, cheddar and goose breast quesadillas. He politely declined an offer of some for his dining pleasure, as he didn't want to get cheese and goose grease on his magnificent finish.

As is photographically evident, Stubbs is a fan of cast iron also. He would fit in on fora other than only the Hunters' Campfire, however, for ease of following his journey I will only post his visit records up here:

He was a pleasant dinner companion and did not hog the conversation, while seated to the right of the head of the table (OK, my computer desk, but I'm still the head of it) :

Tomorrow will hopefully bring a bit better weather for something outdoor related. Had Stubbs arrived a bit earlier, he may have gotten in on some attempts at starling population reduction. Unsuccessful, as the 8-15 mile per hour variable and gusty wind with blowing snow was not conducive to accurate shooting I guess. Stubbs suggested a ballistic calculator to plug in the 7.56 gr projectile, +/- 1000fps, and 25 yard distance at our elevation and latitude. I may have been using the wrong holdover and right compensation for the 3/4 value wind out of the North.

I'll have to check and make sure, but I think the only game seasons we have open right now are for non-game animals, yotes and jacks. I may decide to take ol' Stubbs up the hill for a walk in the new melting snow just for fun though. Take a 20g along for a walk.

Stubbs will be heading to Washington in a coupla days, for a vacation in Hawai'i following.

Stay tuned, same channel, same forum.

👍👍😆😆😆😆😆😆👍👍👍👍👍👍

Good stuff!!!

Page 3 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30Gibbs, 338Rules, 33 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,613
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.