Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Cool it down guys, we are talking about human lives here. Taking a life is no joke and the nightmares are there for years. Cops should protect themselves at all time and if pulled over people(black, white, yellow, green) no matter you skin color. People should cooperate and together we will clean out streets from drugs and criminals.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A cop pulled me over for making an illegal right turn at an intersection.

I gave him my license, registration and my CCW. He asked where my pistol was and I told him, keeping my hands visible to him.

He said, "Well, if you leave yours where it is, I'll leave mine where it is."

I laughed and said that would be great.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Mutual respect will go a long way in keeping a traffic stop peaceful. Problem is, the few minutes in a stop is not much time to earn it!
Start with a respectful and cooperative attitude and you might be surprised at the pleasant encounter.
Les

Its not always easy to do the right thing, But it is always the right thing to do.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by middlechild
Cool it down guys, we are talking about human lives here. Taking a life is no joke and the nightmares are there for years. Cops should protect themselves at all time and if pulled over people(black, white, yellow, green) no matter you skin color. People should cooperate and together we will clean out streets from drugs and criminals.

So we the decent people doing what we always do when engaging law enforcement folks is going to clean the streets up? Think on that and get back to me.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Wow, if someone is pulled over for a fog light out and casually rests their hands naturally in a pocket as they do many times a day, you would kill them?

Hypothetical situation:

You are a LEO.
You pull someone over for a fog light out.
You give them a verbal command to keep their hands visible.
They go for their pocket...

Quoting scripture won't get you home safely at the end of your shift.

Decisive action will.

Please God tell me you’re not a LEO?

No I'm not - I don't think I would have what it takes. Lots of intestinal fortitude to go out there ever day and face crap like this.

I'm just a lazy SOB with an office job that treats the 99% of decent LEO with the respect they deserve, and I appreciate the fact that they are out there putting their own lives in peril to keep the POS scum off the streets so I can sleep safely at might. Pretty lame, huh?

I'm not advocating using deadly force for every freaking traffic stop, but rather reinforcing the notion that hesitation to act using training and protocol can mean going home or not.

All the social media and BLM B.S. over the last year or so is causing too many LEO's to hesitate in situations and is costing them their lives.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

No I'm not - I don't think I would have what it takes. Lots of intestinal fortitude to go out there ever day and face crap like this.

I'm just a lazy SOB with an office job that treats the 99% of decent LEO with the respect they deserve, and I appreciate the fact that they are out there putting their own lives in peril to keep the POS scum off the streets so I can sleep safely at might. Pretty lame, huh?

I'm not advocating using deadly force for every freaking traffic stop, but rather reinforcing the notion that hesitation to act using training and protocol can mean going home or not.

All the social media and BLM B.S. over the last year or so is causing too many LEO's to hesitate in situations and is costing them their lives.

I'm just a retired lazy SOB with no job that treats 100% of LEO with the respect that the 99% deserve, and I appreciate the fact that they are out there putting their own lives in peril to keep the POS scum off the streets so I can sleep safely at might. Pretty lame, huh?

FIXED it for me!!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks Muffin - that is a better way to word it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by czech1022
A cop pulled me over for making an illegal right turn at an intersection.

I gave him my license, registration and my CCW. He asked where my pistol was and I told him, keeping my hands visible to him.

He said, "Well, if you leave yours where it is, I'll leave mine where it is."

I laughed and said that would be great.

Nine times out of ten, that approach works great with cops during a traffic stop. Be cordial and respectful, and they breathe a sigh of relief and give you every benefit they have at their disposal.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Wow, if someone is pulled over for a fog light out and casually rests their hands naturally in a pocket as they do many times a day, you would kill them?

Hypothetical situation:

You are a LEO.
You pull someone over for a fog light out.
You give them a verbal command to keep their hands visible.
They go for their pocket...

Quoting scripture won't get you home safely at the end of your shift.

Decisive action will.

Please God tell me you’re not a LEO?

Jack,

I've known and talked to lots of police and trainers in friendly circumstances. Teachers of academies. Dinners and meet ups for trade shows, friends, family and what not. Attitudes and training has changed for the worse with an us vs them mentality rather than peace officers helping folks. That's what the so called oath keepers should realize. I'm not addressing the article as you know, but the blanket statement that so many agree on. You get it, but there's some "oath keepers" that don't agree. Oh well. Another day at maybury.

Pharma,

The video link after a minute had nothing but political news. If you advocate for shooting everyone who accidentally puts their fingers in pockets, you need to watch a few dozen road side Videos and see that most of the people had no weapons or intent.

Have you trained many in sword fighting?

You're so full of shidt, I'd bet your eyes are brown.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AB2506
Being co-operative and polite goes a long ways towards making a safe interaction with enforcement.

As does not driving a car belonging to a felon with multiple open warrants.
As does not having crack or other drugs in your possession
As does not running away from one or resisting
As does not attacking an officer or producing a hidden firearm.

Why isn't the phrase "comply and don't die" not a mantra?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
love to hear our resident skirt wearing the gay blade LEO hate expert chime in on this

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by ribka; 03/15/21.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ribka
love to hear our resident skirt wearing the gay blade LEO hate expert chime in on this

WTF, is that TRH?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thats what I hear those big city departments are looking for these days too. No wonder they are led to stand down and encourage BLM and looting of the businesses.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Thats what I hear those big city departments are looking for these days too. No wonder they are led to stand down and encourage BLM and looting of the businesses.

Why in DaFuck do you even know that video exists???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Skank,

It can be found at the same place as this old San Francisco PD recruitment promo.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Is that one of them heshits???

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a Sh-Im!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Dafuq is that? Bald guy in drag?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Muffin

Is that one of them heshits???

Mental illness is running amuck. This country is toast.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

If you bothered to read the article, then you've grossly misrepresented the situation. There was nothing casual or natural about the shooter putting his hands in his pockets, they were there for one thing only .. to draw his gun.

The cop was in a bad position .. his choices didn't make it any better. IMHO he should have had his firearm drawn and not been farting around with a taser. If that hand came out anything but empty the cop should have shot him. To do that, the cop needed his gun in hand.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 2ndwind, 12344mag, 1234, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,038
Posts18,521,093
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.