D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I've been running the Mil version and it's excellent. Reticle is perfection and the glass is excellent. The price is hard to swallow.... I do wish it was a little lighter as well. I'd love to see a 2-10x42 with the same reticle and features at ~20 oz's.

Thank you for an actual review from an actual user

scenarshooter has been using one for a while and speaks very highly of it. I don't want to speak for him but it's worth reading his comments on it.

Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Well, to me, there is no such thing as a perfect scope. This model is claimed to be made for low-light hunting, and yet far too much of the reticle illuminates and will negatively affect one's vision under the worst of lighting scenarios. It's expensive but not perfect -- at least not to me.

Yes, a large amount of the reticle is illuminated but the low illum settings are low enough that it doesn't wash the image at all. It is worth noting on this that the internal width of the reticle isn't as wide as "most" reticles with this design....so it's actually less than you would think in comparison to most at first glace....but it isn't a simple dot either. I think the glass is the best I've used in any scope and along with the reticle design that has 4 bolder outer posts I didn't need the illum in any of the hunting situations this past year. I did play with the illumination a lot while watching deer way after dark at home and paid a lot of attention to evaluate the washout as it's something that irritates me on a lot of scopes.....on the lowest two settings there was none.

Originally Posted by LeftHunter
Honest question, what does this offer over the March 1.5-15? I have really been considering it for my primary hunting rifle. It (the March) appears to be lighter, shorter, slightly less expensive, and available with some solid reticle options. I have never even seen either of these scopes in person so I truly am asking. If I spend this much I want to only purchase once!

From a quick look, the 1.5-15x42 I saw had a second focal plane reticle. There may be another model with the same power/obj that has a FFP reticle.

I have been thinking a lot about the D24V42FIML (Tactical Turrets, Illuminated, MIL) FML. It comes with a FFP reticle that has 4 outer posts (my preference). Everything I've read on it points to it being extremely finicky in eye placement/parallax. The Tangent Theta is excellent in this area....it's just easy to get behind across the power range. I haven't used the D24V42FIML, and it may be more friendly if limited to the same power range as the Tangent Theta, so I can't really speak on it. Would like to give it a try and compare the two.......feel free to send me one for evaluation and I'll let you know!....grin....

Thanks J ! I am really leaning towards biting the bullet so to speak

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
For that kind of money, it should have a blond that jumps out of the elevation turret and performs pleasing services on demand! RJ

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
These kind of scopes are not inexpensive but they spoil the [bleep] out of ya.I am saving for another ZC 4x20 because it makes it much easier for my old ass eyes to shoot with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rj308
For that kind of money, it should have a blond that jumps out of the elevation turret and performs pleasing services on demand! RJ

Now we’re talkin’!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since Leupold went to crap, does anyone make anything comparable to their old 2.5-8X or 3.5-10X ?

I don't need a 3 pound scope.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Jd45, NF 2.5x10x42 is a really nice scope but it does not come cheap.Mine has the mil-r reticle.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Thanks J ! I am really leaning towards biting the bullet so to speak

Yes sir. Give Doug a call about the pricing.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Now we’re talkin’!

Two of them....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Now we’re talkin’!

Two of them....

Now that’s just greedy.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Here's a link to another member's post discussing the scope that's worth looking over:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../tangent-theta-owners-step-inside-please

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
Honest question, what does this offer over the March 1.5-15? I have really been considering it for my primary hunting rifle. It (the March) appears to be lighter, shorter, slightly less expensive, and available with some solid reticle options. I have never even seen either of these scopes in person so I truly am asking. If I spend this much I want to only purchase once!

The TT 315 H is vastly different from the March 1.5-15X42:

TT is 3-15X52, 5X zoom, the March is 1.5-15X42, 10X zoom.
TT is 14 inches long, 26 ounces; March is 10 inches long 21 ounces.
TT is FFP, March is SFP.

The TT is a conventional design scope, and an excellent one. The March is a radically new design with an impressive objective lens group that allows the use of a 42mm objective lens with what is essentially an LPVO with a 10X zoom and a wide adjustment range. The scope is small and light and has an impressive magnification range. Comparing it to a much bigger TT scope that costs 40% is a little bit of a stretch, in my opinion.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Now we’re talkin’!

Two of them....

Boomer, what would you like under the windage turret, brunette or red head?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Take a look at Burris Signature Series scopes. Checks the same boxes and one payment of $450.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It would be our pleasure to discuss Tangent Theta scopes with you

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don’t know if it’s perfect, but I’ll be happy to conduct a free one year trial. Looks damn nice to me.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I'll find out I pulled the trigger have one in coming

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dan I love how you spend weeks making a decisioin.. smile You will like this scope.

Last edited by 7mmMato; 03/16/21.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You will love the TT scope they are so nice to get behind.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by centershot
Take a look at Burris Signature Series scopes. Checks the same boxes and one payment of $450.

LMAO! That's like saying a Yugo ticks the same boxes as a Ferrari. laugh Which it does if you just want to get from A to B in a vehicle with 4 wheels, an engine and a steering wheel at less than 70mph. If you wanna go racing at Sebring, yeah, that Yugo ain't gonna cut it bro. Some people made better life choices and can afford the very best. Good on them and while I'm envious, I'm not jaded or jealous... grin

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Dan I love how you spend weeks making a decisioin.. smile You will like this scope.

Knew it was a foregone conclusion when his LRHSi hit the classifieds. Lol

He went over yonder way
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1_deuce, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,559
Posts18,473,130
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.