Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I hope everyone remembers those scalpers who are taking advantage of the left wing siege, to fleece their fellow shooters

This is such a silly statement.

If you have a house, would you sell it right now for what you paid, or what it's worth? What about stocks or investments?

The only ones getting "fleeced" are those who weren't prepared, plain and simple. It amazes me that people still don't understand that guns/ammo/reloading components are all commodities, and prices have been fluctuating wildly since Obama took office. Its a volatile market, and some people have been smart enough to buy low....while others have been in the unfortunate (and unprepared) position of buying high. Make no mistake, though, no one is being forced to buy.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All the righteous indignation has been comical to read throughout the 'fire.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have been buying powder, primers, brass, bullets, etc. throughout this whole deal and paying what I consider to be reasonable prices, never more then typical retail and often less. Reasonable enough that I could turn a profit on most everything in my reloading room. I choose not to because I don't know when I can replace it, I am in it okay, it doesn't go bad and I like to shoot.

Having said that... if manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers would move all of their inventory through bid sales at "market" then equilibrium would have been found long ago, there would be no margin for scalpers and you could walk into any store and see product on the shelf. Perhaps the normal retail chain is partially to blame for trying to sell at historical prices rather than actual value.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
I must have not been clear on my question when I asked where people were getting their prices.....

I understand capitalism. I use it. I go by it... I get it! I was simply asking where people get their prices? Are they looking at Gun broker, sites like this, other forums, other web pages??

I’m not complaining about the prices. I don’t need to buy stuff at inflated prices because I am well stocked up on stuff I need.

I just found it hilarious that a guy is asking $80/box for soft point projectiles that can be had for $35/box, even in these inflated times. This is what prompted me to ask “where did he come up with the price of $80/box for these???” That is all!

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I see Miday's price is $37 per box, but they don't have any. I think Midway is ripping people off. When I don't have any, my price is $32.50.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by halfmile
Dark forces drive this market, political and medical. Sellers are eager to take advantage of the situation, and buyers are induced to fall for it by fear.

Don't buy it. I have seen trap loads for $28 a box, and 22LR for $120 a brick. I could let go of some of my accumulated supply, but refuse to throw gas on the fire. Hopefully things will get better in the future as more people refuse to play the game. Even if you can afford it, it's not worth what paying these prices causes.

JMHO.................

HM

I agree 100%. I have plenty of what I need. Primers, powder and ammunition. I only traded straight up for three boxes of like/kind Ammo 6.5cm for 308win. because I didn’t have 308 win and I wasn’t going to pay ridiculous money for it. There will be a lot of buyers remorse when this goes back to “normal” like it always does.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It is times like this when members come together to help each other. If a member posts and needs something, help them out by giving or selling them what they need at a reasonable price. Some members have helped me while I have helped others.

"A Random Acts of Kindness"

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Don't know if they they will ship but north Georgia reloaders got a crap ton of hornady bullets in the other day if any of yall are interested 706-828-5626

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
95% of the ammo bought in the last few months will never even be shot.

It will be turning up a year or two from now for pennies on the $ dollar.

Buy low, sell high.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 42 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.