Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Local news just said the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting the virus it just lessens the effects it may have on you. Must be quite a miracle vaccine huh?????

Last edited by LowerRiver; 03/18/21.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LowerRiver
Local news just said the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting the virus it just lessens the effects it may have on you. Must be quite a miracle vaccine huh?????

I may not be getting the sarcasm right, or?

Cuz that is how most vaccines work in actual practice. They are not exactly magic forcefields, if they are kind of magic in the end.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by sandcritter

Cuz that is how most vaccines work in actual practice. They are not exactly magic forcefields, if they are kind of magic in the end.

no, real vaccines actually prevent you from getting the specified illness. That's why flu vaccines aren't really vaccines, either

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sse

no, real vaccines actually prevent you from getting the specified illness. That's why flu vaccines aren't really vaccines, either

Vaccines do nothing more than train your body to respond to an infection quicker. How quick depends on the invading organism, how effective the vaccine was, number of boosters, time past since the inoculation / boosters, etc, etc, etc.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L

But....but....but the news said I should get vaccinated to protect the vulnerable. Now that the vaccine is out there and it isn’t preventing deaths the narrative needs to change. Just surprised me as I thought the vaccine was the end all be all. Continue to wear your masks and distance your from your loved ones people!!!🤮

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by sse

Vaccines do nothing more than train your body to respond to an infection quicker. How quick depends on the invading organism, how effective the vaccine was, number of boosters, time past since the inoculation / boosters, etc, etc, etc.

Yes. People can dicker over the # organisms vs. time all they want, and that’s going to look different depending on the organism and the vaccine type, but that is the reality (what Dutch said.)

But....but....but the news said I should get vaccinated to protect the vulnerable. Now that the vaccine is out there and it isn’t preventing deaths the narrative needs to change. Just surprised me as I thought the vaccine was the end all be all. Continue to wear your masks and distance your from your loved ones people!!!🤮

Absolutley. If a 100% infallible solution was found tonight, the left would have a whole new nay-saying mantra out by dawn.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Vaccines work by teaching your immune system to attack and kill the invading virus. It's up to your body to learn and some learn better than others. While some will prevent you from catching it, others will simply reduce, while others won't accept the vaccine

Welcome to biology, thats how vaccines work. None are foolproof

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

LMAO. Never wore masks or distanced from friends and loved ones.

Always distanced from others much as we can. Wont' tolerate someone coming into my space.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
And to think I thought the body created viruses to attack pathogens.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My boss's friend is a nurse. Fully vaccinated...got covid anyway and ended up in the hospital. He was all distraught and said "why did I even bother getting vaccinated?" Lol. I guess she was in the 5% it didn't work for.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
A study in England suggests that when those vaccinated get exposed to a new covid variant, the results are not going to be good, and in that circumstance, will be worse than those not vaccinated for covid 19

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KenMi
A study in England suggests that when those vaccinated get exposed to a new covid variant, the results are not going to be good ....

Entirely possible scenario for some variants, yes.

... and in that circumstance, will be worse than those not vaccinated for covid 19

Not saying “impossible,” but am saying “please show me the link” so can hopefully glean by what mechanism this is being posited. A real mechanism, vs. a fantasy mechanism. Not attacking you Ken, I just wonder as to the “how” that conclusion was arrived at.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Who knows what to believe anymore.

This person says this, that person says that.... all I know is if the dems are pushing it and bill gates is behind it, well fuuuuccckk that nonsense.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by sse

Amen!!!

No vaccine will prevent a virus from entering your body. They just help your body to recognize the virus as a pathogen so as to keep it from multiplying out of control in your body, keep it from making you sick, and keep it from making you contagious to others.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Vaccines didn't slow the affects of small pox and polio. They stopped them dead.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A study in England suggests that when those vaccinated get exposed to a new covid variant, the results are not going to be good ....

Entirely possible scenario for some variants, yes.

... and in that circumstance, will be worse than those not vaccinated for covid 19

Not saying “impossible,” but am saying “please show me the link” so can hopefully glean by what mechanism this is being posited. A real mechanism, vs. a fantasy mechanism. Not attacking you Ken, I just wonder as to the “how” that conclusion was arrived at.

Don't know how to post articles but search anti-body dependent enhancement. As I read it the mRNA vaccine has a possibility of leaving you wide open for a devastating infection by the virus it is supposed to protect against. I don't trust the vaccine and am way more scared of being a guinea pig than I am of a virus that seldom kills anyone in decent health.

Last edited by Hastings; 03/18/21.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Vaccines didn't slow the affects of small pox and polio. They stopped them dead.

And they did so in the manner described above.

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/vaccine-basics/index.html

Vaccine Basics

The smallpox vaccine protects people from smallpox by helping their bodies develop immunity to smallpox. The vaccine is made from a virus called vaccinia, which is a poxvirus similar to smallpox, but less harmful. The smallpox vaccine contains live vaccinia virus, not a killed or weakened virus like many other vaccines. For that reason, people who are vaccinated must take precautions when caring for the place on their arm where they were vaccinated, so they can prevent the vaccinia virus from spreading.

The vaccine does not contain the smallpox virus and cannot give you smallpox.

For most people with healthy immune systems, live virus vaccines are effective and safe. Sometimes a person getting a live virus vaccine experiences mild symptoms such as rash, fever, and head and body aches. In certain groups of people, complications from the vaccinia virus can be severe. The Smallpox Vaccine Safety page has more information about who is more likely to experience these side effects.

Other live virus vaccines currently used include measles, mumps, rubella, and chickenpox.

Smallpox vaccination can protect you from smallpox for about 3 to 5 years. After that time, its ability to protect you decreases. If you need long-term protection, you may need to get a booster vaccination. Find out who should get smallpox vaccine.

Historically, the vaccine has been effective in preventing smallpox infection in 95% of those vaccinated. In addition, the vaccine was proven to prevent or substantially lessen infection when given within a few days after a person was exposed to the variola virus.

Routine smallpox vaccination among the American public stopped in 1972 after the disease was eradicated in the United States.

My oh my? What is said of the smallpox vaccine sounds eerily familiar to what the critics say about the C 19 vaccines.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Listen carefully a couple of times. It's really on target.
Every sentence is MOA.

https://www.brighteon.com/c658f9e3-ea42-4235-b9c7-563bd1cec42b

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

On the grand scale, yes, you are right. On the nano-scale, you are almost right too. What Dutch said more elegantly, however, is still true: it’s a numbers game. We’re spitting hairs. But yeah, point taken. The difference between corona and small pox or polio, however, is it’s an apples to oranges virus comparison. Those are relatively stable viruses in terms of antigenicity/epitopes. Both influenza and coronaviridae are these rolling balls of metamorphosing blech. You’re trying to hit a shape-shifting, moving target with a longbow, and it’s just not easy, nor perfect, but fortunately is often “good enough” despite not “stopped dead” in it’s tracks, as you said, but good enough to prevent frank illness.

Now, if rubbing up on a cow with some coronavirus “x”, akin to how cow pox exposure was found seriptitiously to immunized well against small pox, we’d really have something. But, such a short cut has not yet been found. And if not for that stroke of luck with cow pox and small pox, who knows how things would have played out?

And polio, that too was a stroke of genius if a crude technology, but which works because polio too doesn’t change much.

Often times, vaccines are NOT drop dead in it’s tracks effective, but *relatively* effective. Effective “enough”. Off top of my head, the first varicella vaccine was quite imperfect. The second, better, but not “stopped dead” perfect, either. Hell, YOUR naturally gained human designed immunity to varicella zoster is imperfect, too (the occasional repeat chx pox case, and of course, shingles). The body can’t fend off other repeat herpes viruses reliably, either, btw. What else.... the pneumonia vaccine. We’re at two “decent” variations taken in two steps, and while it’s good, it isn’t perfect by far. Once in a blue moon, measles will meekly break thru. What else..... The rabies vaccine is not bullet proof, either. You get the idea. They are not magical forcefields. They are are prepositioned flanking force, or hidden reserves, or key intel, that almost always carries the day in battle, but not “always.” Some designs are better than others, and it’s not as simple as “they didn’t try hard enough.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (02bfishn, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 61 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,571
Posts18,491,880
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.