Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT

The bible gives literal 24 hour days of creation.
Incorrect. It's indeed open to the interpretation that he gave his commands in rapid succession, but there's no reason to believe that his commands were necessarily carried out in that time frame, only that he (in his divine prescience) saw that they were good immediately after issuing his commands to nature.
Evolution is not special creation.
Correct.
If species evolve, they are not created.
Correct. Genesis states that God assigned to nature (i.e., the waters and the earth) the "bringing forth" of all the living creatures, therefore they are not intelligently designed by God. Genesis equates (1) God creating the living creatures with (2) the waters and the earth bringing them forth in response to his command.

"And God said, let the earth bring forth grass ... seed ... fruit ... and the earth brought them forth."

"And God said, let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life."

- Genesis 1

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by Tyrone
We are living in the end times.

Same has been thought by Christians from day 1...surely this time it'll be correct.
There are many (and more than a few here) that are gonna be sooo disappointed if it doesn’t happen while they’re alive.

The Tribulation is on its way.
We don't know if the "end times" are going to be a time period that lasts 3 more weeks or 1,000 years, but these are the end times. As is always prudent, keep your powder dry.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by DBT
There are many transitional fossils. Evolution is beyond doubt a reality. The theory refers to the means and mechanisms and how they tie together. Irreducible complexity is false. There is ample evidence for this.
Correct. God commanded the waters and the earth to bring forth all the living creatures, and they did. We call the process by which that occurred evolution.
I concur.
Kinda makes some sense maybe? Occam's razor type deal? Simplest explanation of a difficult concept?
Francis Collins is a geneticist who headed up the Human Genome Project. He wrote a book called 'The Language of God' whereby a scientist presents evidence for belief in God. He believes in macro evolution and is also a conservative, evangelical Christian.
I absolutely believe that the world and life on this earth are God's creation, and I believe that evolution was a very clever way that God used to achieve His creative objectives. I see no incompatibilities between science and spirituality. None. I see science as a source of spirituality.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see no incompatibilities between science and spirituality. None. I see science as a source of spirituality.
Science is simply our best guess at how God designed things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ihookem
If he is a lunatic, you tell me how this was predicted 2,000 yrs. ago in Revelations. It would be so easy for the governments to make us wear their mark in order to buy or sell . The technology is here , no doubt that it will be a type of card implanted in your wrist or forehead. I find it amazing that people dont see this coming. Even christians, who were taught all their lives that this would happen in the end times dont seem to understand it is happening right under their noses.

Corrupted 'pastors' will endlessly implore their flocks to "render unto Caesar!!!!!!!!!" in order to preserve their 501(c)(3) gravy train. Bank on it.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a difference between ascribing creation to "a God" and Christianity. Christianity in this modern era just doesn't have a leg to stand on. There is just SO much in the Bible that has been proven to be untrue. So if you believe the Bible is the true inspired word of God, literally God breathed (Ephesians 3:20), then there are some problems.

I have ZERO problem with people who want to believe The Bible as a personal belief system. However, when you want to mandate how my children are taught, or limit their exposure to scientific teaching because of your false religion; then I have an issue.

On the other hand, I will take up arms to defend your right to worship. Problem is, the other side doesn't really much reciprocate.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Nutcases have been proclaiming for 2000 years that the prophecies in Revelation are coming true and the end days are at hand. Several places in the New Testament say that the second Coming will be during the lifetime of those then alive. But it never comes.

What about the prophecy about the beast with 10 heads and 7 horns?

Weirdos like Happy Camper drive people away from Christianity. They insist you have to be stupid to be a Christian.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Be ready for the worst.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Incorrect. It may be interpreted that he gave his commands in rapid succession, but there's no reason to believe that his commands were carried out in rapid succession, only that he (in his divine prescience) saw that they were good immediately after issuing his commands to nature.
Correct.
Correct. Genesis states that God assigned the "bringing forth" of all the living creatures to nature (i.e., the waters and the earth), so they are not intelligently designed by God. Genesis equates 1) God creating the living creatures with 2) the waters and the earth bringing them forth in response to his command.

"And God said, let the earth bring forth grass ... seed ... fruit ... and the earth brought them forth."

"And God said, let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life."

- Genesis 1

Genesis specifies morning and evening of each day. This is undeniable. It's there for anyone to see and read. Morning and evening of each day cannot mean eons, millions or billions of years.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT

Incorrect. It may be interpreted that he gave his commands in rapid succession, but there's no reason to believe that his commands were carried out in rapid succession, only that he (in his divine prescience) saw that they were good immediately after issuing his commands to nature.
Correct.
Correct. Genesis states that God assigned the "bringing forth" of all the living creatures to nature (i.e., the waters and the earth), so they are not intelligently designed by God. Genesis equates 1) God creating the living creatures with 2) the waters and the earth bringing them forth in response to his command.

- Genesis 1

You constantly look silly to evolutionists and follish to creationists.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by DBT
There are many transitional fossils. Evolution is beyond doubt a reality. The theory refers to the means and mechanisms and how they tie together. Irreducible complexity is false. There is ample evidence for this.
Correct. God commanded the waters and the earth to bring forth all the living creatures, and they did. We call the process by which that occurred evolution.
I concur.
Kinda makes some sense maybe? Occam's razor type deal? Simplest explanation of a difficult concept?
Francis Collins is a geneticist who headed up the Human Genome Project. He wrote a book called 'The Language of God' whereby a scientist presents evidence for belief in God. He believes in macro evolution and is also a conservative, evangelical Christian.
I absolutely believe that the world and life on this earth are God's creation, and I believe that evolution was a very clever way that God used to achieve His creative objectives. I see no incompatibilities between science and spirituality. None. I see science as a source of spirituality.

So in the restoration when God puts things back to the original creation will cancer and heart disease and death be part of it?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The psalmist says that “a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by.”

Peter says that “with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”

Some mere mortals insist that since one day means 24 hours to them, then it ‘must’ mean the same to the Creator of the universe too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's an interesting theory in physics that says something to the effect that time stretches. It makes 200 year old people and 7 day creations possible.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Psalm 2

1 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
There's a difference between ascribing creation to "a God" and Christianity. Christianity in this modern era just doesn't have a leg to stand on. There is just SO much in the Bible that has been proven to be untrue. So if you believe the Bible is the true inspired word of God, literally God breathed (Ephesians 3:20), then there are some problems.
Well sir, if one bases Christianity upon the Bible, then I can more clearly see your point of view. But the Bible isn’t the foundation of Christianity. It wasn’t for early first century followers of Jesus (when the Bible didn’t even exist), and it’s not now. The Bible exists ‘because of’ Christianity...Christianity doesn’t exist ‘because of’ the Bible. Jesus’ most devout first century followers never owned the Bible, never read the Bible...because there was no ‘the Bible’ to be had or read. There was no ‘the Bible’ until the 4th century. There were tens of thousands of Christians before there ever was ‘the Bible’. The Bible did not create Christianity. It’s the other way around.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I have ZERO problem with people who want to believe The Bible as a personal belief system. However, when you want to mandate how my children are taught, or limit their exposure to scientific teaching because of any religion, then I have an issue.
I don’t disagree with any of that.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The psalmist says that “a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by.”

Peter says that “with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”

Some mere mortals insist that since one day means 24 hours to them, then it ‘must’ mean the same to the Creator of the universe too.

None of that alters the description of morning of the first day, evening of the first day, morning of the second day, evening of the second day, etc....which clearly does not refer to thousands of years.

Special creation and evolution are not related.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT

Genesis specifies morning and evening of each day. This is undeniable. It's there for anyone to see and read. Morning and evening of each day cannot mean eons, millions or billions of years.

You clearly didn't read my post.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman

Then I must be on the right path.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Then I must be on the right path.

You got your quote wrong. I was not the one who said that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well sir, if one bases Christianity upon the Bible, then I can more clearly see your point of view. But the Bible isn’t the foundation of Christianity. It wasn’t for early first century followers of Jesus (when the Bible didn’t even exist), and it’s not now. The Bible exists ‘because of’ Christianity...Christianity doesn’t exist ‘because of’ the Bible. Jesus’ most devout first century followers never owned the Bible, never read the Bible...because there was no ‘the Bible’ to be had or read. There was no ‘the Bible’ until the 4th century. There were tens of thousands of Christians before there ever was ‘the Bible’. The Bible did not create Christianity. It’s the other way around.
Well said, and true. Some churches had a scrap of a letter from one evangelist that they reverenced and often read, and others had another, and some had a copy of one of them, and some had no New Testament scripture at all. What they had was the faith.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1234, 10Glocks, 1minute, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 60 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,535
Posts18,472,769
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.