Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The more i live the more i give up on this world, The confusion and separation is so much. it is all we know.
Live a Godly live and help each other. Its as simple as that.
The bible is so relevant today because most of its prophesies are happening before our eyes. God help us all.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haha, you guys wanna talk about sheep!!! It appears there's a bunch here!! 😂😂😂

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Ringman

You ever hear of The Old Testament?

What we call the Old Testament didn't exist under one cover till about the Fourth Century AD. They were a collection of scriptures, and churches disagreed as to which ones should be called sacred, i.e., canonical, and which apocryphal, and which merely to be respected.

What did Jesus refer to when He told the Jews, "You search the Scriptures...?"

Scriptures. "The Old Testament" isn't one to one equatable with "Scriptures," as I thought I explained. In fact, Protestants and Catholics don't even agree on what books belong in "The Old Testament." Jews didn't even have anything called that. They had scriptures of varying levels of importance to them, and not considered one book.

I don't think they called it the Old Testament. But I think you are reading some weird material

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by DBT
Many people have what they call 'truth,' yet cannot agree amongst themselves on what that may be.

It’s called human nature.

It is human nature. Which doesn't change the obvious: not everyone who feels they have the truth actually has the truth. That logically many, if not most believers, are mistaken in their belief.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

It was wrong the first time and it was wrong the next. What makes you think it's true?

I reformulated it to be easier to understand. Try it now.

I've lost interest. Sorry. Maybe you can try again later.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Let’s see...God made me, he gave me a palm-and that opposing thumb gift-and directed me to work to multiply my talents, or gifts, and not sit on my ass. And now we have figured out how to use that talent to grow and prosper.

The Beav is right...you are a lun-a-tic..

You used your identifier to have the computer go live, then you used another to sign on here.....the devil made you do it....

(In addition, false prophets really piss God off....you best be careful)

Last edited by battue; 03/20/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There's an interesting theory in physics that says something to the effect that time stretches. It makes 200 year old people and 7 day creations possible.

Now there's an interesting idea if I've ever heard one.

That explains Methushael and 969 years.
We already know from atomic clocks that time is relative. The faster the clock container moves, the slower the clock gets relative to one fixed on Earth.

https://www.sciencealert.com/watch-the-famous-twin-paradox-of-special-relativity-explained

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
2nd Timothy 3
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I don't think they called it the Old Testament. But I think you are reading some weird material

You're just lacking in some education.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I personally believe that God was the spark.

He was the big bang so to speak.

Its as believable or even more so as the other "big bang" theory.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Christianity in this modern era just doesn't have a leg to stand on.
2.5 billion believers in Christianity in the world today would likely disagree with your point of view regarding this.
Many of them devotedly ascribe to the life and teachings of Jesus.....and believing that He is the Messiah prophesied in the Hebrew Bible, and then chronicled in the New Testament, and believing that Jesus was/is the Son of God who ministered, suffered, and died on a cross, and rose from the dead for the salvation of mankind.....and their belief and commitment to Jesus is at the heart and center of their lives.

The New Testament isn’t a book, it’s actually a small library of 27 different books, written by different authors with different backgrounds and different perspectives, who individually chose which information they decided to emphasize and which information they decided to omit, with different ways of telling the story of the person...in this case, Jesus...whose life they are documenting.

You go to your local library and see 27 different books on ‘any’ historical figure...in ancient history or modern history...and those different books are written by different authors with different backgrounds and different perspectives, who individually chose which information they decided to emphasize and which information they decided to omit, with different ways of telling the story of the person whose life they are documenting...whether it’s Julius Caesar or Douglas MacArthur. And none of those differences mentioned above diminish the reality and the historicity of the person they are writing about in any way whatsoever.

When people discredit the New Testament, they’re not discrediting a book, they’re discrediting 27 different books. The same as to discredit 27 different books about Julius Caesar, or to discredit 27 different books about Douglas MacArthur, because of the differences mentioned above.

And, even if ‘no’ books were ‘ever’ written about Julius Caesar, or Douglas MacArthur...for example..., that in no way whatsoever diminishes their reality and historicity. They existed, they were real, and the events of their lives happened. And this isn’t so because of the books that were written about them; books were written about them because this is so.

It is the same with Jesus.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by antlers
Christianity in this modern era just doesn't have a leg to stand on.
2.5 billion believers in Christianity in the world today would likely disagree with your point of view regarding this.
Many of them devotedly ascribe to the life and teachings of Jesus.....and believing that He is the Messiah prophesied in the Hebrew Bible, and then chronicled in the New Testament, and believing that Jesus was/is the Son of God who ministered, suffered, and died on a cross, and rose from the dead for the salvation of mankind.....and their belief and commitment to Jesus is at the heart and center of their lives.

The New Testament isn’t a book, it’s actually a small library of 27 different books, written by different authors with different backgrounds and different perspectives, who individually chose which information they decided to emphasize and which information they decided to omit, with different ways of telling the story of the person...in this case, Jesus...whose life they are documenting.

You go to your local library and see 27 different books on ‘any’ historical figure...in ancient history or modern history...and those different books are written by different authors with different backgrounds and different perspectives, who individually chose which information they decided to emphasize and which information they decided to omit, with different ways of telling the story of the person whose life they are documenting...whether it’s Julius Caesar or Douglas MacArthur. And none of those differences mentioned above diminish the reality and the historicity of the person they are writing about in any way whatsoever.

When people discredit the New Testament, they’re not discrediting a book, they’re discrediting 27 different books. The same as to discredit 27 different books about Julius Caesar, or to discredit 27 different books about Douglas MacArthur, because of the differences mentioned above.

And, even if ‘no’ books were ‘ever’ written about Julius Caesar, or Douglas MacArthur...for example..., that in no way whatsoever diminishes their reality and historicity. They existed, they were real, and the events of their lives happened. And this isn’t so because of the books that were written about them; books were written about them because this is so.

I agree with him. Christianity was about saving one's soul and loving each other but now. its something else. I sort a relationship with God and not to be known n the church or Contributing money to some rich pastor who owns several private Jets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I personally believe that God was the spark.

He was the big bang so to speak.

Its as believable or even more so as the other "big bang" theory.

Wait,

are you making sense again?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More alien gray technology.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Many of them devotedly ascribe to the life and teachings of Jesus.....and believing that He is the Messiah prophesied in the Hebrew Bible, .

Non-Christian Antlers keeps throwing that 2.5 B around
like its legit...

And, even if ‘no’ books were ‘ever’ written about Julius Caesar, or Douglas MacArthur...for example..., that in no way whatsoever diminishes their reality and historicity. They existed, they were real, and the events of their lives happened. .....

It's recorded Julius Caesar was a real deal god,
so it must be true.

It should be noted modern scholars of history
don't take everything recorded in antiquity about
Julius Caesar as being true and accurate , and
the same applies to your Jesus.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by middlechild
Christianity was about saving one's soul and loving each other but now it’s something else. I sought a relationship with God and not to be known in the church or Contributing money to some rich pastor who owns several private Jets.
Not disagreeing with your perception above. But none of that changes the tenets of Christianity itself. They still are what they’ve always been.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
2nd Timothy 3
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

That's powerful Jim.....and so true these days more than when I started wondering about the times ahead.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the 80s I got saved and started taking interest in the Bible. When I watched some of the low budget Christian movies on the subject, I thought that it would likely be either an advanced microchip implant like they used for tracking wildlife, or perhaps what we see in the Amazon One commercial. Right now, even though I can't say 100% for sure until all lines up, it looks like it's mighty close to me.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 03/20/21.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The first generation of Christians believed the prophesy was meant for them.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,516
Posts18,472,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.