Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 5:19
For by one man's disobedience many were made sinners so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

I
IZH27 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
For those of you with your shorts in a knot pointing out duplicity, as a Christian, is not Christian bashing.

I’m a sinner. I find the doctrine of glory that predominates the religious threads here to be anti Biblical, abusive of the purpose of the Law and degrading to the work and Person of Christ.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
We are love all people. That does not mean agreeing with everyone, but truly valuing them as people. Every person has the right and ability to make their own decisions regarding faith, and I try to respect that( though I do offer my thoughts at times too ). I am not perfect by any means but I do strive to live this way.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
ACT, if you haven't had proper welcome,

WELCOME!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Yet trashing folks because they believe remains fair game?

It is if they persist in pushing their belief upon others.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course, I have not read and studied it all, but so far I have seen nothing in the Holy Scriptures that charges, or even encourages, a Christian to evaluate the worthiness of another person with regard to his/her status or favor in the eyes of the Lord. How could a person possibly make such judgments about another - how could one begin to make a determination about any elevation of his/her status or worthiness over another person with regard to the living of the Christian life? Do I recall something like "judge not - - -" All such sorting is the realm of the Lord.

That said, it is not difficult to find instances where the faithless, or doubters, or waverers, or professed non-believers feel that they are being viewed or labeled at some lesser level when engaged in discussions or even arguments about Christian elements - especially factors over which humans have no control. Often it is difficult to sort this out - to determine whether or not those injurious perceptions or feelings emanate from personal guilt or assumption of inferiority - rather than from any actual judgment or labeling by others.

Often it is not an easy task for most Christians to convey or relate to others God's expressed expectations, regardless of the sincerity with which it is done. The task seems to become even more difficult if the Christian could be seen as hypocritical, pompous, etc. Add to that the defensive, or guilty, or victimized posture of some non-Christians and the challenge increases.

I never read where God says it will be an easy process - for either.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
OK, The old time evangelists sometimes would "Preach Hellfire, and Brimstone."

I'd think that is fine as Long as, it is not aimed a one person?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Yet trashing folks because they believe remains fair game?
It is if they persist in pushing their belief upon others.
I think that, in the eyes of most, "believing" is something very different from "pushing". And, although the definition of "pushing" may vary greatly according to the interpretation of the person feeling pushed, I do not much appreciate or value that approach to individuals.

However, even a Christian who does not at all "push" his/her beliefs upon other individuals should expect to be seen here as fair game for attack. Comes with the nature of the matter.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jesus said something, like. "They will hate you, as they hated Me."

How about some joyful noise?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
A "though".....?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
A "though".....?

Yes...but not a complete one.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by ingwe
A "though".....?

Yes...but not a complete one.

Can I get an "Ame..."

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When you tell people that, if they don't believe your specific ancient story/mythology (out of several thousand different religions currently "believed" to be true by their followers), despite no objective proof that said ancient story is true, they are going to eternal hell, well, some people don't take it nicely.

And when those people quote their own ancient story/book as their evidence of said story/book being true, well, again, you're gonna get a few eye rolls.

It is impossible to have a logical discussion about something that requires faith to believe.

While not impossible, it's very difficult to have a civil discussion about something that requires faith to believe unless everyone involved has the same beliefs.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Just wear the mask like the rest do...it is the law and will stop the covid.

Same thing...absolutely no respect for others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The same one who said judge not also said judge with righteous judgment. He went on to say that we are to judge those in the church He will judge those outside the church. A practicing Christian does not have the option to not judge if they're going to practice righteousness, they will judge those in the church with the righteous judgment. Righteous judgment can only mean one thing you are using God's word as the judgment standard.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by goalie

It is impossible to have a logical discussion about something that requires faith to believe.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim1611
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

what does that even mean??

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
The same one who said judge not also said judge with righteous judgment. He went on to say that we are to judge those in the church He will judge those outside the church. A practicing Christian does not have the option to not judge if they're going to practice righteousness, they will judge those in the church with the righteous judgment. Righteous judgment can only mean one thing you are using God's word as the judgment standard.

Just an excuse to look down your nose and feel superior.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by goalie
When you tell people that, if they don't believe your specific ancient story/mythology (out of several thousand different religions currently "believed" to be true by their followers), despite no objective proof that said ancient story is true, they are going to eternal hell, well, some people don't take it nicely.

And when those people quote their own ancient story/book as their evidence of said story/book being true, well, again, you're gonna get a few eye rolls.

While not impossible, it's very difficult to have a civil discussion about something that requires faith to believe unless everyone involved has the same beliefs.

You mean like believing in evolution?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by Jim1611
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

what does that even mean??

That Some know how to tie up all the business for themselves.

Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,279
Posts18,505,075
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.