Hop To
Page 9 of 27 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 26 27
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by DBT
Moron? You should check the facts, not just resort to childish insults in the security of your anonymity. If you think it's BS, you should explain why.

Yes, you're a moron.

You get your bullshit talking points from the same sources as analube_slurper, and throw that drivel all over the fire.

Did it ever occur to you, moron, that maybe *you* should provide some support for the bullshit you post?

Obviously not.

As an internet coward emboldened by anonymity, you brand yourself with the very label you use on those who disagree with your beliefs.

Peep, peep, Little Chicken, peep, peep:

Mein Kampf (1925-1926)
''Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. (p. 65)''

''In this hour I would ask of the Lord God only this: that, as in the past, so in the years to come He would give His blessing to our work and our action, to our judgement and our resolution, that He will safeguard us from all false pride and from all cowardly servility, that He may grant us to find the straight path which His Providence has ordained for the German people, and that He may ever give us the courage to do the right, never to falter, never to yield before any violence, before any danger... I am convinced that men who are created by God should live in accordance with the will of the Almighty...''

God the Almighty has made our nation. By defending its existence we are defending His work.
Radio address, 30 January 1945; from Thomas Streissguth (2002). World War II. New York: Greenhaven Press, p. 118.

Only He can relieve me of this duty Who called me to it. It was in the hand of Providence to snuff me out by the bomb that exploded only one and a half meters from me on July 20, and thus to terminate my life's work. That the Almighty protected me on that day I consider a renewed affirmation of the task entrusted to me.

''I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so. '' Adolf Hitler in 1941 to General Gerhard Engel. In John Toland (1992). Adolf Hitler. New York: Anchor Publishing, p. 507.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by goalie

It is impossible to have a logical discussion about something that requires faith to believe.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner !

“Faith Strawman”…

A dictionary might define faith as: “The firm belief in something for which there is no proof. Seems to me that that is how goalie sees it. He goes further by stating that it is “impossible to have a logical discussion about something that requires faith to believe.” Get it? He says that one must have faith to believe… but he is giving the context that faith is “firm belief in something for which there is no proof.”

Regarding Christian biblical interpretations, Goalie is incorrect and ......no, there is no “Winner Winner ..” here.

This is an oft used strawman.

Faith comes from…. Repeat .. from God…to the one who seeks….. Faith does not come before belief.

See Ephesians 2:8…”Ephesians 2:8-10. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God….”

Matthew 7:7-8

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

Keep it simple….An honest man seeks God ….God sees this seeking by the man………God gives him/validates that quest…ie …..God responds and gives him faith. The man’s life with God begins. When that man receives the gift from God, he has his proof, he has real faith in something real… God. The man’s faith becomes firm. The man’s faith is rooted in God Himself.

Hard to understand? Perhaps…. Start with this….

“All men need to remain clearheaded, ponder eternity and be aware that there is true truth: God.”

Faith is not the way to truth.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Moron? You should check the facts, not just resort to childish insults in the security of your anonymity. If you think it's BS, you should explain why.

Yes, you're a moron.

You get your bullshit talking points from the same sources as analube_slurper, and throw that drivel all over the fire.

Did it ever occur to you, moron, that maybe *you* should provide some support for the bullshit you post?

Obviously not.

As an internet coward emboldened by anonymity, you brand yourself with the very label you use on those who disagree with your beliefs.

Mein Kampf (1925-1926)
''Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord. (p. 65)''

''In this hour I would ask of the Lord God only this: that, as in the past, so in the years to come He would give His blessing to our work and our action, to our judgement and our resolution, that He will safeguard us from all false pride and from all cowardly servility, that He may grant us to find the straight path which His Providence has ordained for the German people, and that He may ever give us the courage to do the right, never to falter, never to yield before any violence, before any danger... I am convinced that men who are created by God should live in accordance with the will of the Almighty...''

God the Almighty has made our nation. By defending its existence we are defending His work.
Radio address, 30 January 1945; from Thomas Streissguth (2002). World War II. New York: Greenhaven Press, p. 118.

Only He can relieve me of this duty Who called me to it. It was in the hand of Providence to snuff me out by the bomb that exploded only one and a half meters from me on July 20, and thus to terminate my life's work. That the Almighty protected me on that day I consider a renewed affirmation of the task entrusted to me.

''I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so. '' Adolf Hitler in 1941 to General Gerhard Engel. In John Toland (1992). Adolf Hitler. New York: Anchor Publishing, p. 507.

That fellow will never admit he was wrong...but the rest of us see your considered response.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Considering the good intents of the OP, there is a great deal of vitriol coming from his team members - why am I not suprised? Maybe the last couple of thousand years provides us with good prior examples?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT

Mein Kampf (1925-1926)

GFY, loser.

Internet coward?

Moron.

You found some anti-religion bullshit somewhere, and post it as legit.

But thanks, for pointing our the legitimacy of the Third Commandment.

AH hid behind Christianity to advance his agenda, as many illegitimate killers have.

The fact that you choose to believe the rantings of a lunatic, over his actions, proves your stupidity beyond any redemption.

'member the 6 million jews killed by the Nazis?

Well, there was a equal number of Catholics and others killed, by the guy that was such a devout Catholic.

No surprise, that a loser like you would grip onto internet bullshit, rather than examine the actions of Adolf "Catholic" Hitler.

But, when a person's desperate ta not look like a moron, the size of the crap that they pull outta their @sshole is often surprising.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

GFY, loser.

Internet coward?

Moron.

AH hid behind Christianity to advance his agenda, as many illegitimate killers have.

The fact that you choose to believe the rantings of a lunatic, over his actions, proves your stupidity beyond any redemption.

Well, there was a equal number of Catholics and others killed, by the guy that was such a devout Catholic.

No surprise, that a loser like you would grip onto internet bullshit, rather than examine the actions of Adolf "Catholic" Hitler.

But, when a person's desperate ta not look like a moron, the size of the crap that they pull outta their @sshole is often surprising.

Apparently when a person is desperate to not look like a moron he falls back on vitriol and denigration to bolster his dubious self worth.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1. Evolution- I believe in it. Like I told Preacher, they found the bones. I wish he would go to Fossil Butte, Wyoming and look but like a lot of folks he prefers beliefs over facts. No wonder they won't accept a preponderance of the evidence.
2. I am sure there was a catastrophic flood when the ice age ended. Black Sea spilled over into the ocean, Lake Missoula broke loose and washed over Idaho and Washington. There were big water events all over.
3. Jesus- I believe he is who he said he was.
4. A bunch of this extraneous stuff self styled prophets (Dr. Frankensteins) try to stitch on Jesus' teachings I don't believe.
5.No organization that has cruelly murdered millions is Christian.

P.S. For sure this earth is very ancient, like eons old, and man wasn't around the first week. What would a day be if you were at the center of the universe? Probably not 1 spin of the earth?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Apparently when a person is desperate to not look like a moron he falls back on vitriol and denigration to bolster his dubious self worth.

Then there's no doubt you're desperate enough ta explain why a Catholic would slaughter millions of other Catholics.

Go for it, moron.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Then there's no doubt you're desperate enough ta explain why a Catholic would slaughter millions of other Catholics.

Go for it, moron.

Crusades...middle ages...papacy...ring a bell?

I don't feel any need to call you names as you have already shown what you are...easy for any who read your last few posts to discern your metal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
1. Evolution- I believe in it. Like I told Preacher, they found the bones. I wish he would go to Fossil Butte, Wyoming and look but like a lot of folks he prefers beliefs over facts. No wonder they won't accept a preponderance of the evidence.
2. I am sure there was a catastrophic flood when the ice age ended. Black Sea spilled over into the ocean, Lake Missoula broke loose and washed over Idaho and Washington. There were big water events all over.
3. Jesus- I believe he is who he said he was.
4. A bunch of this extraneous stuff self styled prophets (Dr. Frankensteins) try to stitch on Jesus' teachings I don't believe.
5.No organization that has cruelly murdered millions is Christian.

P.S. For sure this earth is very ancient, like eons old, and man wasn't around the first week. What would a day be if you were at the center of the universe? Probably not 1 spin of the earth?

Inquisition.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Go for it, moron.

Crusades...middle ages...papacy...ring a bell?

I don't feel any need to call you names as you have already shown what you are...easy for any who read your last few posts to discern your metal.

Wasn't no Catholics murderin Catholics by the millions, in any of the bullshit examples you puked out.

You can either admit AH wasn't a Catholic, or you can continue to look like a fool.

Your choice.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Ringman
Righteous judgment can only mean one thing you are using God's word as the judgment standard.

God's word.
As written by whom again?
And interpreted by...you?

As written by God through special men. Apparently "judge not" doesn't need interpretation. So it stands to reason "judge with righteous judgment" is just as clear. That is to those who are not "willfully ignorant."

"Special men"
Just one example below...
One among many .......

LMFAO!!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fugg it

BTT for the Special Men Thang again.

Oh BTW

25 pages at least...

LOL!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Schikelgruber????

LOL!!!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Let's have some fun.

"“In Hitler’s eyes Christianity was a religion fit only for slaves,” wrote Alan Bullock “Hitler, A Study in Tyranny,” a seminal biography. “Its teaching, he declared, was a rebellion against the natural law of selection by struggle of the fittest.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/04/20/hitler-hated-judaism-he-loathed-christianity-too/

"Many theists claim that, like Stalin and Mao, Hitler was an atheist. Thus, they insist, his genocidal murders must be added to atheism’s overall death toll. Not so, counter the atheists. Not only was Hitler raised an Austrian Catholic, but he often declared his belief in God and even called himself a Christian. His persecution of the Jews, they say, was simply an extreme continuation of Christian anti-Semitism, of hating “the Jews” for killing Jesus.

The theists reply that Hitler’s occasional “Christian” rhetoric was just a savvy politician’s attempt to win over a largely religious populace. Privately, Hitler denied the existence of a personal God, rejected the concept of an individual afterlife, mocked Christian morality and sought to damage and, in the long term, to destroy the churches.

In fact, Hitler was a supremely cunning demagogue who routinely lied, and his record is mixed. However, Richard Weikart has recently published what is almost certainly the most sustained and exhaustive study of “Hitler’s Religion,” coming to a clear conclusion that seems to account for all the historical data.

Hitler, Weikart argues in “Hitler’s Religion: The Twisted Beliefs that Drove the Third Reich” (Regnery History, 2016), was neither an atheist nor a Christian. His hatred of the Jews bears little or no resemblance to historical Christian anti-Semitism. Rather, it was based on certain strains of contemporary “science.” Nor, for that matter, despite some claims, was he a Germanic pagan or an occultist. Some prominent Nazis cultivated astrology and occultism, while some even sought to revive the pre-Christian Germanic religion of the high god Odin or Wotan. But Hitler himself disdained such things as unscientific.

Instead, Hitler was deeply devoted to the outdoors and to Nature (with a capital “N”), to which he referred using language that theists typically reserve for deity. The term that seems best to describe his view, contends Weikart, is “pantheism,” a doctrine that identifies God with the universe. “For Hitler,” Weikart concludes, “God was Nature.”

He was also devoted to science, as he understood it. Specifically, he was a follower of “social Darwinism.” From the Darwinian principle of “natural selection,” he deduced that the supreme law of Nature (and, thus, in Hitler’s view, of “the Lord”) is the survival of the fittest. All of life is a struggle in which superior animals — including the best of them, humans (and specifically “Aryan” or Germanic humans) — have the right and even the moral duty to eliminate or enslave “inferior” animals (including “lesser races” of humans).

From this understanding flowed the Nazi extermination camps (which engaged not only in the wholesale murder of such ethnic groups as Jews, Slavs and Romas, also know as Gypsies, but the destruction of children with disabilities), the forced sterilization of “defective” people, incentive programs to encourage high German birthrates, lack of interest in hospital care for the chronically ill and the Nazi glorification of war as something good for its own sake.

In Hitler’s mind, his actions were dictated by science and ruthless logic."

https://www.deseret.com/2018/7/20/2...he-leaves-the-partys-munich-headquarters

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hitler was a special case. If you're implying all non-believers are like him you can GFY and get a dog up ya

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 03/20/21.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Rabid, proselytizing, bible spouting Christians are no better, than rabid, proselytizing, Marx-Engels spouting Democrats( marxists, socialists, progressives). They both KNOW BETTER than the proletariat/unbeliever. The Christians and the Democrats, in their minds are so morally superior to the bourgeoisie that they feel it is their duty to tell the unbeliever not only how to live but what to believe. And also what is to be rendered unto Caesar. Stunning supreme elitist arrogance. Even the 'Master Race' did not require every person to join the Nazi Party. I suppose there are Christian bashing atheists, I don't know any, speaking for myself only, I just would prefer not to be told what is best for me or my family, by Democrats or Christians. Good Christians lead by example rather than finger pointing and lecturing, shunning and witch burning. When you are stuck in the bible belt, the Christian principles of humility, love, and tolerance are harder to find than one might suppose.
That does seem to be rather judgmental.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Would you kindly explain how and why that statement is truth?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Would you kindly explain how and why that statement is truth?

Faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians, etc, etc, have faith in their own version of God or gods and theology, their own 'truth,' but logically they can't all have the truth, what they believe contradicts each other. What is being believed on faith is not necessary true and factual.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Mein Kampf (1925-1926)

GFY, loser.

Internet coward?

Moron.

I quoted the words of Hitler himself, you vitriolic little internet chicken. I quoted what Hitler himself wrote and said about his belief in God.

Apologists for Christianity do not alter Hitler's affirmation of faith in his own words. He wrote and spoke of his faith in God.

This is not to say that Hitler was a good christian or a decent moral theist, he was not, or that he did not cherry pick theology (a common practice) to suit his own needs: think of the inquisition where many were tortured and killed in the name 'of the Lord' - Ivan the Terrible first in church then to his torture chambers.

Quote;

''The evidence that Hitler was a staunch Christian is overwhelming. He banned secular education in Germany on the basis that Christian religious instruction is essential to moral development, repeatedly vilified atheism, and although he often clashed with Catholic bishops over his ill-treatment of Jews, Hitler did not perceive himself as being anti-Christian, but rather as bringing the Church back to what he saw as its proper, traditional role in persecuting the pestilent. While negotiating the Reichskonkordat, Hitler said to Bishop Berning that suppressing Jews was, “doing Christianity a great service by pushing them out of schools and public functions.”

There are numerous other examples, from Mein Kampf (“only fools and criminals would think of abolishing existing religion”), to Hitler’s letters (1941: “I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”), to the Gott Mit Uns motto on German army uniforms during the Nazi era, to the Lutheran Church in Berlin, full of carvings celebrating Hitler’s rise to power (including an exquisitely carved SA paramilitary trooper on the baptismal font), to the amended 1934 loyalty oath of the German military (“I swear by almighty God this sacred oath: I will render unconditional obedience to the Führer of the German Reich and people, Adolf Hitler, Supreme Commander of the Wehrmacht…”).

Perhaps the most telling Hitler quote of all shows that not only did he believe in God, he believed his racial purity laws would protect God’s creation from spoliation by interbreeding. From Mein Kampf (vol. 2, chapter 2):

[H]undreds and hundreds of thousands of people voluntarily submit to celibacy, obligated and bound by nothing except the injunction of the Church. Should the same renunciation not be possible if this injunction is replaced by the admonition finally to put an end to the constant and continuous original sin of racial poisoning, and to give the Almighty Creator beings such as He Himself created?

After the Enabling Act of 1933 delivered dictatorial powers to Hitler, one of his first actions was to outlaw atheist and freethinking groups. His public speech, after the fact, boasted that, “we have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.”

In short, there is overwhelming evidence that Hitler saw himself as a Christian doing God’s work (even if his own church often opposed him), and that he saw atheism as one of many insults to the German nation requiring ruthless suppression.''

Last edited by DBT; 03/21/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
According to some CF Christians no Catholic
is a real Christian.
and Taking the word of anyone who claims to
be christian is an utter waste of time, for it
cannot be proven true...we all know talk is cheap.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 9 of 27 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

410 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1minute, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,204
Posts18,503,784
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.