Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 27 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 26 27
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by CCCC
...You do not cite, or even possess, fact one - you do not even know me. ..
We know you from your history of CF posts sufficient to deduce you are naive and ignorant and hiding behind your faith.
- that I am never a victim to your nastiness.
one post ago you claimed personal attack.
]..the strong and upstanding persons we find everywhere.
anyone who swallows the clueless brain-dead BS you have posted at times I would not consider strong and upstanding or even reasonably aware and intelligent.
Keep digging, Starbucks - you're about six feet under by now. Weakly, you now resort to the papal "We" in a dumb attempt to infer that ypu have some universal affirmation of your opinion - such silliness. Is that a naive perception? Now - let's get somewhat serious, I challenge you to search backward and find/post one - a single one - instance where CCCC attempted to employ an iota of "faith" as a shield in the face of any of the baseless attacking by you and a few others. Go ahead - you are going to come up empty. And, please, do not flail around with some senseless and meaningless non-contextual quote.

As for victim status - why do you not learn the difference between a person recognizing your nastiness - and a person laughing it off and refusing to be victim to it? Wake up - you cannot create victims merely by being nasty - you have to get after someone weaker than you. (Good luck there.)

How silly - now you try to deride the various "strong and upstanding persons we find everywhere" in a vain effort support what you "consider". Keep digging.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.Keep digging, Starbucks - you're about six feet under by now. Weakly, you now resort to the papal "We" in a dumb attempt to infer that ypu have some universal affirmation of your opinion - such silliness. Is that a naive perception? Now - let's get somewhat serious, I challenge you to search backward and find/post one - a single one - instance where CCCC attempted to employ an iota of "faith" as a shield in the face of any of the baseless attacking by you and a few others. Go ahead - you are going to come up empty. And, please, do not flail around with some senseless and meaningless non-contextual quote.

As for victim status - why do you not learn the difference between a person recognizing your nastiness - and a person laughing it off and refusing to be victim to it? Wake up - you cannot create victims merely by being nasty - you have to get after someone weaker than you. (Good luck there.)

How silly - now you try to deride the various "strong and upstanding persons we find everywhere" in a vain effort support what you "consider". Keep digging.

Wow!..that's a long winded rant by someone
who claims to be unaffected...LoL

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Another Holly Roller bunch of religious cussing and personal attacks.

Man, I love these hypocritical bastids.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
.Keep digging, Starbucks - you're about six feet under by now. Weakly, you now resort to the papal "We" in a dumb attempt to infer that ypu have some universal affirmation of your opinion - such silliness. Is that a naive perception? Now - let's get somewhat serious, I challenge you to search backward and find/post one - a single one - instance where CCCC attempted to employ an iota of "faith" as a shield in the face of any of the baseless attacking by you and a few others. Go ahead - you are going to come up empty. And, please, do not flail around with some senseless and meaningless non-contextual quote.

Wow that's long winded rant by someonewho claims to be unaffected.
Looks like you don't get it Starbucks - maybe you are naive and ignorant - some folks get their jollies in the process of exposing you. Still digging?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
..Looks like you don't get it Starbucks - maybe you are naive and ignorant - some folks get their jollies in the process of exposing you. Still digging?

Exposing ?..LoL..face it you got hurt by my post
but your dumb pride won't allow you to admit it.
Own your ignorance rather than trying to bury it
in faith.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Google "dictionary" then type in "faith"
mauserand9mm, thanks, however I did not ask for a definition - seems like I learned that a long time ago. (copied one below for you). For clarity, I asked the poster to provide "proof" of his statement about the way to truth. Have you seen that yet?
Definition of faith
1a : allegiance to duty or a person : b(1) : fidelity to one's promises
(2) : sincerity of intentions 2a(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God
(2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return (2) : complete trust
3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith on faith: without question took everything he said on faith
faith verb faithed; faithing; faiths transitive verb archaic: believe, trust

Well the way I see it truth is supported by facts and evidence. Faith has no such reliance, and is devoid of facts and evidence. Believers want faith to be true and can only try and claim facts and evidence, which is actually living a lie. I would qualify onto DBT's statement "Faith is not the way to truth, and leads one away from it"
Thanks for providing the way you see it - although the rationale for your differentiation seems overstated and possibly inconsiderate to a degree. Disagreements of this particular nature seem unsolvable by humans, particularly when they become overtly adamant - which was the driver for my original question to that poster.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Pastor Ray Comforts faith told him the Cavendish
banana (a result of hybridization by man) was designed perfectly that way by his god. Prime example where faith does not lead to truth. Keep the flock ignorant and where you want them.

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Faith is not the way to truth.
Would you kindly explain how and why that statement is truth?
Faith is a belief held without the support of evidence. Hindus, Muslims, Jews, Christians, etc, etc, have faith in their own version of God or gods and theology, their own 'truth,' but logically they can't all have the truth, what they believe contradicts each other. What is being believed on faith is not necessary true and factual.
Your response is understandable and accurate to some degree - however, you have provided nothing that proves, or even demonstrates, truth in your original statement. It is neither simple, nor easy.
Did you actually read what he wrote?'"Faith is a belief held without the support of evidence."
Yes, I read it and can see what was requested. He offered zero proof, of anything. Kindly explain how you see "proof" in his mere expression of a view "Faith is a belief held without the support of evidence".
mauserand9mm, thanks, however I did not ask for a definition - seems like I learned that a long time ago. (copied one below for you). For clarity, I asked the poster to provide "proof" of his statement about the way to truth. Have you seen that yet?
Definition of faith
(2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b(1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof clinging to the faith that her missing son would one day return (2) : complete trust
3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction especially : a system of religious beliefs the Protestant faith on faith: without question took everything he said on faith

"firm belief in something for which there is no proof" seems a lot like "...a belief held without the support of evidence."
So, DBT uses a valid definition of faith, and clarified which one he intended, but somehow you are still arguing this is a valid pathway to truth, or are you arguing for a different definition of faith as a pathway to truth?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
..Looks like you don't get it Starbucks - maybe you are naive and ignorant - some folks get their jollies in the process of exposing you. Still digging?
Exposing ?..LoL..face it you got hurt by my post but your dumb pride won't allow you to admit it.Own your ignorance rather than trying to bury it in faith.
Wow - now you are going to play God and tell me how I feel? Did you send down a dangerous lightning bolt?
Can you feel the effects of your delusion? Believe me - it is not grandeur. Shovel getting heavy there, Thor?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow - now you are going to play God and tell me how I feel? .

No god delusion involved..the evidence of your
long winded defensive and deflective posts strongly
suggest you didnt just laugh it off like you want the
CF to believe.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Im wondering why the believers are conversing in this thread with the dead.

Do you believers not believe what HE said? HE said to shake their dust of your feet, didn't HE? Like in ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

Didnt HE say to not give pearls to swine. Are they not your enemy who would turn on you and kill you?

They are those of the flesh you consort with who long ago took your forebearers and burned them at the stake along the way and to light the way from their high places to the Coliseum, where their forefathers fed yours to the lions.

Why attend their jolly party of folly? Why wallow with pigs in the mud?

They arent too blind to see the state of their country and govt after they got HIM kicked out of school and government, yet there are those of you who think you will open their eyes.

You believers think you can make satan give his winnings up?

They know the word and the Good News, yet they reject it.

Convers with your own kind on your own thread.

HE has left those you argue with behind. If HE is your Master and you are HIS flock, follow HIM.

My take is that before God gave me the gift of faith I was also full of doubt and questions. The whole Bible is the story of God’s chasing down a people who, due to nothing in and of themselves, He loved.

How can I view people any other way?

Fact is I’ve met and shared friendships with some non-believers who had much greater depth of character than some believers I’ve known.

If God saw fit to sacrifice His Son to make communion with a lost race possible, what does it say if I choose to do otherwise?

Maybe HE saw fit to sacrifice HIS son to save those who accepted with faith the Good News of HIS saving grace.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"firm belief in something for which there is no proof" seems a lot like "...a belief held without the support of evidence."
So, DBT uses a valid definition of faith, and clarified which one he intended, but somehow you are still arguing this is a valid pathway to truth, or are you arguing for a different definition of faith as a pathway to truth?

Well, if a Christian points to their religious book, and cites chapter and verse as "proof," then it would only be logical that all other religions could do so as well, and cite their own religious writings as "proof."

But, of course, they claim that only their special book is factual, while the other religion's books are lies, fairytales, and pagen mythology. All things other religions, coincidentally, claim about Christianity.......

Citing bible verses is not "proving" your god exists any more than someone from another religion quoting their religion's writings "proves" that their god exists.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definition of faith
"firm belief in something for which there is no proof" seems a lot like "...a belief held without the support of evidence."So, DBT uses a valid definition of faith, and clarified which one he intended, but somehow you are still arguing this is a valid pathway to truth, or are you arguing for a different definition of faith as a pathway to truth?
I appreciated his post, and I have not argued anything about a definition. If you think I have, please quote my argument. I assume you understand that an ostensible disagreement does not constitute an argument - or, are you looking for one?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow - now you are going to play God and tell me how I feel? .
No god delusion involved..the evidence of your long winded defensive and deflective posts strongly suggest you didnt just laugh it off like you want the CF to believe.
Tee Hee. Trying to read minds again? What causes you to think I want the CF to believe anything - at all? Tee Hee. Bye !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
..Tee Hee. Trying to read minds again? What causes you to think I want eh CF to believe anything - at all? Tee Hee. Bye !

No mind reading just post reading,
You sound a bit off the rails, but
possibly just a 'normal' day for you.
Faith drives some folks to all kinds
of weird and wacky mind states.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
….

Thanks for providing the way you see it - although the rationale for your differentiation seems overstated and possibly inconsiderate to a degree. Disagreements of this particular nature seem unsolvable by humans, particularly when they become overtly adamant - which was the driver for my original question to that poster.

So which planet do you originate from? The planet delusion from the galaxy avoidance?

You're way overcomplicating this - is this deliberate or from a parable-addled mind?

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 03/21/21.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Everyone knows my stance. What more can I say?

Uh, may GOD have mercy on the stiff necked masses ought to cover it for the dumbasses.

Look, is GOD a liar or not? Didnt HE say HE puts inherent knowledge in ALL or just in those HE wants to save? Did HE lie when HE said the wonders of HIS creation were there for all to see?

We are but the messenger of HIM. HE alone is the SAVIOUR. We can only plant the seed. HE is the one who makes it grow. He is the one who waters it and makes it sprout and gives it LIGHT.

Too many of us try to do HIS job for HIM. Look around and see how well that has worked out.

Your responsibility is to carry the message. If you dont, their sin falls on you. If they dont accept it, it falls on them. So, be sad for them. You aren't nearly as sad as HIM.

They have free will, by HIS grace, not ours. They have the right to go the way of the world. Who are we to keep pestering them? HE doesnt. HE gave them freedom. HE gave them life. They have their choice. Life or death.

The LORD giveth and HE taketh away.

I Dindo Nuffin
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
It seems to me that the rationalist/materialist argument falls short in many areas; here are a few key places:

1) there are a great man things for which science has no explanation and in many instances even lacks the vocabulary with which to describe phenomena

2) if the human race is nothing but the culmination of a series of accidents that have been taking place down through the millennia, there can be no assurance that our rationality is something upon which we can rely

3) one cannot jump from what ought to be from what is; science may be capable of explaining mechanisms which brought about what is, but it cannot from explanation tell us what should be now that we’re here... and yet we all seem to agree upon basic precepts that we could maybe call “the golden rule”

Not exhaustive of my thoughts and I am not in any way claiming these to be original to me but they are a few.

Nor would I have it be assumed that my presentation of these is a mockery of the views of others.

Grace and peace to you all,

Efw

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Everyone knows my stance. What more can I say?

Uh, may GOD have mercy on the stiff necked masses ought to cover it for the dumbasses.

Look, is GOD a liar or not? Didnt HE say HE puts inherent knowledge in ALL or just in those HE wants to save? Did HE lie when HE said the wonders of HIS creation were there for all to see?

We are but the messenger of HIM. HE alone is the SAVIOUR. We can only plant the seed. HE is the one who makes it grow. He is the one who waters it and makes it sprout and gives it LIGHT.

Too many of us try to do HIS job for HIM. Look around and see how well that has worked out.

Your responsibility is to carry the message. If you dont, their sin falls on you. If they dont accept it, it falls on them. So, be sad for them. You aren't nearly as sad as HIM.

They have free will, by HIS grace, not ours. They have the right to go the way of the world. Who are we to keep pestering them? HE doesnt. HE gave them freedom. HE gave them life. They have their choice. Life or death.

The LORD giveth and HE taketh away.

Yeah, your god, but what about the other 2/3+ of the worlds population that believes in something else?

Oh, yeah, your god roasts them for eternity.....

Seems like a great dude. 🙄

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by goalie
Im wondering why the believers are conversing in this thread with the dead.

Do you believers not believe what HE said? HE said to shake their dust of your feet, didn't HE? Like in ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

Didnt HE say to not give pearls to swine. Are they not your enemy who would turn on you and kill you?

They are those of the flesh you consort with who long ago took your forebearers and burned them at the stake along the way and to light the way from their high places to the Coliseum, where their forefathers fed yours to the lions.

Why attend their jolly party of folly? Why wallow with pigs in the mud?

They arent too blind to see the state of their country and govt after they got HIM kicked out of school and government, yet there are those of you who think you will open their eyes.

You believers think you can make satan give his winnings up?

They know the word and the Good News, yet they reject it.

Convers with your own kind on your own thread.

HE has left those you argue with behind. If HE is your Master and you are HIS flock, follow HIM.

Aaaand right there is a great reason to avoid organized religion and rely on your trusty blaster and Wookie co-pilot

Yep. Id prefer HELL to letting a sinner set me to worship my Creator. HE shoulda made me, a believer, better than you, where some of us werent sinners with shortcomings, like you. Good luck. wink

Tell GOD you told HIM to FO because you knew a believer who was a sinner. grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/21/21.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 14 of 27 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

459 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1234, 47 invisible), 2,207 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,267
Posts18,504,924
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.