Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
If there’s 3 guys in a pickup dressed alike from boots to hat, would you know the real cowboy just from where he sat?

In the middle so he doesn’t have to drive or close gates. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
If there’s 3 guys in a pickup dressed alike from boots to hat, would you know the real cowboy just from where he sat?

In the middle so he doesn’t have to drive or close gates. 😉

Perhaps. We called that riding bitch. smile

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What is a cowboy??? Well...that’s one of those questions that if you have to ask...you’ll never understand the answer.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ledvm
What is a cowboy??? Well...that’s one of those questions that if you have to ask...you’ll never understand the answer.

You can spot one right away too.

And spot a drugstore cowboy a mile away. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ledvm

You can spot one right away too.

And spot a drugstore cowboy a mile away. grin

On that note

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
A cowboy is a man or woman who gets paid to keep another man’s stock alive and fat.
Some work on ranches, some take care of yearlings on wheat fields, some just day work, others work in feed lots and sale barns, most work a combination of those.
Most real cowboys are a mixture of veterinarian, welder, plumber, heavy equipment operator, builder, mechanic, windmiller, marketing, ag economist, dog trainer, horseman, professional rain pray’er, predator hunter, farmer and sometimes even wildlife biologist.... not all are perfect at all of those things, some don’t even ride horses.

I’ve got horses, can rope in the pasture or arena, can work cows, can back a trailer and wear a hat most days of the year and pointy boots when I ride(can catch a stirrup easier than a square toe) but when someone asks if I’m a cowboy I sheepishly say no, those men earn that title.

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
All right, now I'll ask the difference between a cowboy, and a beef producer?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Not me, but the hat is elemental, like a knife. Question, why do some cow places smell bad and others kind of like a funky herb?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Having spent my whole life on a ranch, my comments may piss off some people, but here they are, there's 2 things Cowboy's don't know anything about 1 of them is COWS the other is HORSES, real cow men are just that Cattlemen, Real horse guys,are few and far between but they are known as Horsemen,you willl rarley see both in the same person, Real Cowboy's as most people think off them, no longer exist. Rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I figure a cowboy is someone who works with cows.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Does that include dairy farmers??? Rio7

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Not me, but the hat is elemental, like a knife. Question, why do some cow places smell bad and others kind of like a funky herb?

mike r

Could be the ration the cattle are on. A high corn ration yard smells like it. I'm so used to the "odor"", I don't smell it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Most of that lets me out Barry!!!!!

Cowboys aren't ranchers. And ranchers probably aren't cowboys. wink

There's a difference. smile

This^^^.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by NMpistolero
A cowboy is a man or woman who gets paid to keep another man’s stock alive and fat.
Some work on ranches, some take care of yearlings on wheat fields, some just day work, others work in feed lots and sale barns, most work a combination of those.
Most real cowboys are a mixture of veterinarian, welder, plumber, heavy equipment operator, builder, mechanic, windmiller, marketing, ag economist, dog trainer, horseman, professional rain pray’er, predator hunter, farmer and sometimes even wildlife biologist.... not all are perfect at all of those things, some don’t even ride horses.

I’ve got horses, can rope in the pasture or arena, can work cows, can back a trailer and wear a hat most days of the year and pointy boots when I ride(can catch a stirrup easier than a square toe) but when someone asks if I’m a cowboy I sheepishly say no, those men earn that title.

In today's time pretty much...
And most of the true cowboys ain't walking quite like they did after agreeing a bit,but somehow get more done thd those pesky kids ....
Dashes are good hat holders , even still got one truck with ond of the old spring load hat holder for over the center seat.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Most of that lets me out Barry!!!!!

Cowboys aren't ranchers. And ranchers probably aren't cowboys. wink

There's a difference. smile

This^^^.........

Spanakopitas was a grape rancher on a 7 acre ranch.....😂

I don’t know if that makes him a cowgirl, rancher or sommelier ...... but it sure adds to his mystique.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
As to" having to ask. "

Socratic taught with the question, and answer method.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
A cowboy has the bullshet on the outside of his boots,, youll hear ma'am an sir pretty regular,

I AM AMERICA!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by hosfly
A cowboy has the bullshet on the outside of his boots,, youll hear ma'am an sir pretty regular,

Good!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Barry, both my grandfathers, and grandmothers as well, could drive horses, ride horses. Milked cows, all of it.

I never saw any of them in pointed toe boots. Large brimmed hats, yes.

You'll never see me in pointy toed cowboy boots either... laugh

Your comment reminded me of something. Back in the mid 90’s I was in my early 20’s living in Oklahoma. I did a little ranch work, rode horse, and played around at rodeoing a little bits. I was far from a pro at any of this, but I could fake it a little. I had a good opportunity so I moved to Washington state, about an hour from Seattle. I saw a local country club called Gerry Andal’s and thought I would give it a try. I was amazed at the number of men wearing cock roach killing (super pointy toe) boots with fake silver around the tip. That was my first clue to get out. I’m back in Oklahoma now and still own horses, but my “cowboyin” is mainly limited to Ranch Sorting on the weekends with my boys. I still don’t wear pointy toe boots.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Docbar

Barry, both my grandfathers, and grandmothers as well, could drive horses, ride horses. Milked cows, all of it.

I never saw any of them in pointed toe boots. Large brimmed hats, yes.

You'll never see me in pointy toed cowboy boots either... laugh

Your comment reminded me of something. Back in the mid 90’s I was in my early 20’s living in Oklahoma. I did a little ranch work, rode horse, and played around at rodeoing a little bits. I was far from a pro at any of this, but I could fake it a little. I had a good opportunity so I moved to Washington state, about an hour from Seattle. I saw a local country club called Gerry Andal’s and thought I would give it a try. I was amazed at the number of men wearing cock roach killing (super pointy toe) boots with fake silver around the tip. That was my first clue to get out. I’m back in Oklahoma now and still own horses, but my “cowboyin” is mainly limited to Ranch Sorting on the weekends with my boys. I still don’t wear pointy toe boots.
with that user name theres no need to ask what line of cowpony you prefer,,,, growing up,my dad would bring home half the jackoff horses there were to be found,,anything with a bad habit,,,It got to where i always rode not in boots but converse all stars,,chuckie taylors,,, they made your foot thin, easy in an out of stirrup,and were better to walk in if you got tossed out of the round pen,, I mostly rode those dinks in the woods so they werent apt to act out as bad

I AM AMERICA!
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 338reddog, 375sunrise, 35, 35WhelenNut, 264mag, 15 invisible), 924 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.