Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I am willing to give her a chance on this based on her past performance. Lets see how the rewritten bill comes back, and what she does with the new version. I am as conservative as they come, but a lot of people here are extremely prone to knee jerk reactions. Sometimes you need to chill out and look bigger picture. She may pull this out, and stick it to the NCAA or she may drop the ball. Just let it play out and see, and quit whining. It gets comical to see the posts of those who want to take their toys and go home every time something doesn't go their way.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fburgtx
So, she wasted everyone’s time, by her NOT having a discussion with legislators BEFOREHAND, asking them what to put in it??? Or..... This is “political theater” to make her look “smart” by sending it back for “revisions”????

Or...... She’s just afraid of ticking off the NCAA and the Media???
My guess is the NCAA sent her a nasty-gram before the bill was voted on. They have teams of lawyers who watch this stuff.

Politics is War by Other Means
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
We'll have to wait and see what recommendations were made, what the legislature does with them, and what comes back to her desk.

Will it include SD high school teams, and SD college teams, but exempt collegiate competitors coming from out of state for a tournament? I'm thinking that last bit is the hangup.

If the legislature sends her something that meets the recommendations, she pretty much has to sign it, or she'll look pretty foolish.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by Huntz
Well ,she did not veto the bill,she sent it back to the legislators because it was poorly written.If she would have signed it as is, NCCA could have taken her to court and beaten South Dakota every time they did.She did not fold,just used common sense.As written , it was a Trial Lawyers wet dream.She did the smart thing and got legal advice before signing.Lets see what happens before crucifying her.

Sounded like she had her sh it together to me, despite Tucker's attempt to unravel her. She had to spell it out for him multiple times.

Still the best governor IMO.

Yep, Tucker tried a cheap trick ambush and did not succeed. She knew what she was talking about and he could not see past the thin boy/girl window dressing of a bad piece of legislation. Given what went down, she was remarkably polite to the jerk.

Tucker gets it right most of the time but he tends to lock on and burrow deep in stink when he is wrong.

She came out stronger than ever with those actually listening to her, and he stained himself. Hope he has enough sense to drop it, even if he cannot bring himself to apologize.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by fburgtx
So, she wasted everyone’s time, by her NOT having a discussion with legislators BEFOREHAND, asking them what to put in it??? Or..... This is “political theater” to make her look “smart” by sending it back for “revisions”????

Or...... She’s just afraid of ticking off the NCAA and the Media???

Bingo.

IC B2

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

The OP apparently has not heard her interview with Tucker nor read the Bill. She has sent it back to a re-work, realizes the NCAA will win any lawsuit and has started a coalition of like minded states to mount a defense. She has NOT given up - only re evaluating the options to insure a successful conclusion. She pushed back against Tucker and stills defends the original premise.

You really believe that? Why wait till now to get it straight? Why override the people (state legislators)? Why cause a political circus over it?

"Start a coalition of likeminded states to mount a defense" Yeah right. Don't hold your breath. A politician attempts to halt momentum in attempt to get it better later. How many times have I heard that? How many times have I seen it come to fruition?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Well, it was fun while it lasted. At least we now know she's bought and paid for like most everyone else.

The OP apparently has not heard her interview with Tucker nor read the Bill. She has sent it back to a re-work, realizes the NCAA will win any lawsuit and has started a coalition of like minded states to mount a defense. She has NOT given up - only re evaluating the options to insure a successful conclusion. She pushed back against Tucker and stills defends the original premise.

And oh by the way, she never vetoed the Bill. Get it straight people - some of you are sounding like the mainstream media.

Yep, And saying "Get the shot".

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OP needs to do a little research. There is a philosophical and financial aspect to this issue.

Being a woman has nothing to with it, nor does speeding tickets.

In the end game, the NCAA may lose this one. But OP can not seem to think far enough ahead.

Arcus Venator
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Here's an article that goes into more detail:

https://jonschweppe.substack.com/p/the-kristi-noem-veto-explained

This is one of the changes she's made from the original text that has got people pissed:

"A team or sport designated as being female is available only to participants who are female, based on their biological sex, as reflected on the birth certificate or affidavit provided upon initial enrollment in accordance with verified in accordance with § 13-27-3.1 13-67-2."

The red highlighted section basically allows a transgender to have a doctor sign off on an affidavit claiming the individual is "female". Looks like she's hiding behind legitimate unconstitutional issues on the one hand, and placating the "powers that be" in the woke NCAA and Amazon on the other, claiming law suits scare tactics to justify it.

Last edited by SBTCO; 03/23/21.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
kinda funny because we had a bunch of hamlin county residents out here this last weekend visiting.

if you know sodak, the big church group in hamlin county don't put their kids into organized sports. castlewood has low turnout for boys and girls high school sports given its schools population.

anyways we all agreed this is a way to erode noems popularity with conservatives and has nothing to do with actually looking at the issue.

i watched tv once in the last year. tucker on november 3rd sold himself... whereas noem held the line against basically everyone over the commie cough bs.

IC B3

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by CRS
OP needs to do a little research. There is a philosophical and financial aspect to this issue.

Being a woman has nothing to with it, nor does speeding tickets.

In the end game, the NCAA may lose this one. But OP can not seem to think far enough ahead.

The OP isn't fleeced, as some. We'll see how this plays out.

I never claimed being a woman has anything to do with it. Where did that come from?

Regarding the traffic violations, I'm merely pointing out that something is a little off. That sort of record is not normal behavior.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by atse
I am willing to give her a chance on this based on her past performance. Lets see how the rewritten bill comes back, and what she does with the new version. I am as conservative as they come, but a lot of people here are extremely prone to knee jerk reactions. Sometimes you need to chill out and look bigger picture. She may pull this out, and stick it to the NCAA or she may drop the ball. Just let it play out and see, and quit whining. It gets comical to see the posts of those who want to take their toys and go home every time something doesn't go their way.

This.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're a republican governor. You don't veto a bill passed by a republican majority, period, end of story.

She didn't veto the bill,period,end of story dumb-ass.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by rte
You're a republican governor. You don't veto a bill passed by a republican majority, period, end of story.

She didn't veto the bill,period,end of story dumb-ass.

Dude, returned it for "style and form".

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
3-4 tickets in Tn could earn you 12 points

12 points within 12 months could earn you 12 months of revocation

Must be pretty laid back up there.

it is....

Can't speak of South Dakota knowledgeably, but I know it takes a lot to get pulled over...I wonder if some leftist cop or two had it in for her, for some political reason...

I do have experience in North Dakota spending some time there... you have to be an idiot to lose your license there...
at least when I was there, it took 12 points to lose your license...

but you got no points for a speeding violation doing under 15 mph over... then it was a point for each 10 mph over that.. so you had to be doing 25 mph over to get a point..
then if your record was clean for over 90 days, they took off a point...

if you got a DWI , you got 3 points.... if you had no moving violations after 9 months, those 3 points were gone...

out of state violations were not recipicated by No Dakota unless you didn't pay the ticket, to where ever you got it...they'd temporarily pull your license until you paid it..

If you don't pay a ticket, or show up for a court appearance for traffic violations, after 2 years they just threw it off the books...

Granted this was in the mid 80s to the mid 90s....

often So Dakota and North Dakota, are close to the same on a lot of things it seemed....

I've been doing 15 over the speed limit in So Dakota, on I 90 and I 29 and had the S. Dakota Trooper, just honk at me as he passed me, but each of those times, there wasn't much traffic on the high way.. on old US 12, 14 or 16, never had a cop give me a second glance...

I love driving thru both Dakotas.... Montana also... a lot of great people also...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well i like her and will await the outcome before i judge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just another politician.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
CTS is trying to now make it sound like a straight veto. Not so but it’s his story and he can tell it anyway he likes. Edk

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
NOT A VETO. RETURNED THE BILL FOR "STYLE AND FORM"

It takes the same number of legislators to overturn a style and form as it does a veto. Call it what you will. It changes my opinion zero.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Super interesting thread here. Most of you have strong opinions on things you know little about...shocking. The NCAA isn't pressuring anyone including Governor Noem on this.

The pressure on her is coming from people in Sioux Falls, who think that Sioux Falls is the "Center of the World" and won't be unless they can fill the Sanford Premier Center and the Sanford Pentagon with NCAA tournaments which bring ESPN to town and puts the Sanford Centers front and center on National TV which no one watches EXCEPT the people in Sioux Falls who think that it is the "Center of the World" and require Sioux Falls to be on TV in order to confirm that bias.

Governor Noem needs votes in Sioux Falls next year to get reelected. And there you have it.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

199 members (1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 18 invisible), 1,134 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,093
Posts18,522,153
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.