Home
Well, it was fun while it lasted. At least we now know she's bought and paid for like most everyone else.
What did she do?
She couldn’t even muster the strength to sign a bill saying that women’s sports are for WOMEN, and not for folks who say they are “women”, and have been exposed to 15 years or more of male-level “male hormones” (in other words, they got two testicles and a dork)....
Didn’t sign the no trannys in girl sports bill? Tucker is grilling her right now
My guess it is about not signing a transgender sports bill that was passed. While the the concept is fantastic, it was a poorly written bill,

Basically what we are trying to do In SD is have males play in male sports and females play in female sports. Common sense as far as I am concerned. But there are persons that think a DNA test or birth certificate sex identification is not fair. They want to play how they identify, reality does not count.

Talk of NCAA pulling the Summit league basketball tournament from Sioux Falls if it was signed.
Democrats-“We gotta pass it to see what’s in it.”

Republicans-“We can’t pass it because it’s not perfectly written. Oh well, we’ll get ‘em in the next election!”
You're a republican governor. You don't veto a bill passed by a republican majority, period, end of story.
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Republicans-“We can’t pass it because it’s not perfectly written. Oh well, we’ll get ‘em in the next election!”

Exactly. Lame ass republicans.
Frankly, red states ought to ban school sports at the collegiate level, in public colleges, on the grounds that it is a waste of taxpayer money.
fun while it lasted..money talks and bullshit takes the bus..just another of the 545 that control the 300 million.
I hope it destroys her chances of VP. If she'll cave to the NCAA (her excuse), she would never stand firm in Washington.
Soros got her like Roberts?
Can't their the legislators over ride this action?
Originally Posted by ctsmith

Exactly. Lame ass republicans.

Yep
Soros has a gangbang video
Originally Posted by DeadHead
Soros has a gangbang video

Link please
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Can't their the legislators over ride this action?

You would think that state has a veto proof majority unless it doesn't work the same way at that state level.
A very odd Noem fact, she's had 26 traffic violations. Twenty speeding tickets, three stop sign violations, two seat belt violations and a citation for driving with no driver's license. She has also been issued six court notices for failure to appear and two arrest warrants.

That does not compute. Snakes in the head?
But.. but... MONEY is at stake! Isn't that the most important thing???

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/03...ing-biological-males-from-womens-sports/
It’s simple. Taco’s or Hotdog’s. One answer.
LoLoLoL!!! Hot cowgirl just crushed y'alls dreams that she was a "rugged individual". She's a 'politician' and she'll run over your mothers to stay in political office - that's the greatest lesson she learned when she was in Washington D.C.
So it looks like the NCAA is pressuring her and possibly threatened to not play tournaments in SD if she signs it. Fugg the NCAA
Frankly, red states ought to ban school sports at the collegiate level, in public colleges, on the grounds that it is a waste of taxpayer money.

No we ought to ban public schooling cuz THATS the waste of money... sports included.
Oh no’s!! The NCAA won’t let us bounce basketballs and throw footballs in their tournaments!!

Again, how does spending millions of taxpayer dollars on collegiate sports help taxpayers?? Sure, some of those players end up coaching sports at the junior high/high school level, but what does South Dakota NEED?? Athletes, or engineers/doctors/nurses/teachers/farmers/etc????
Originally Posted by efw
.....we ought to ban public schooling cuz THATS the waste of money... sports included.
I agree. It’s become nothing more than a cash cow that government uses to extort as much money as possible from the citizens; under the guise of “it’s for the kids.”
I don’t know how the law is written but if you want principled politicians, they will veto any bad law regardless of party.
Really? How many tournaments are played in South Dakota?
A very odd Noem fact, she's had 26 traffic violations. Twenty speeding tickets, three stop sign violations, two seat belt violations and a citation for driving with no driver's license. She has also been issued six court notices for failure to appear and two arrest warrants.

You got a vendetta? That sounds like an average hunting season for me.
Well, it was fun while it lasted. At least we now know she's bought and paid for like most everyone else.

got your panties in a wad over this?
Governor Noem has sent it back to the legislature, they have one day to change, or override the veto. Some legislators are saying she has overstepped the powers of the office. We will see what happens...

South Dakota did pass a law banning transgenders from legally changing their sex on birth certificates this session.
never trust a 2 holer,, woman,mare, bitch,sow cow or jenny,, they will turn on you they cant think strait,, they only have one head,,
Originally Posted by supercrewd
I don’t know how the law is written but if you want principled politicians, they will veto any bad law regardless of party.

Typical republican response. Keep standing on those "principles". Do you really think principles had anything to do with it?
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

You got a vendetta? That sounds like an average hunting season for me.

She’s pretty good looking. If she got 26 tickets, that probably means the cops pulled her over 60-70 times, based on the average cops’s aversion to writing tickets for pretty girls....
Anything sports related is one of my last concerns at this point in our history.......
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Anything sports related is one of my last concerns at this point in our history.......

T H I S !!!!!!

Tell the NCAA to GFY
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Yessir.
Originally Posted by hosfly
never trust a 2 holer,, woman,mare, bitch,sow cow or jenny,, they will turn on you they cant think strait,, they only have one head,,

I'm of nearly the same opinion. Especially when it comes to politicians. Politicians calling themselves "conservative".... Why isn't she home taking care of her kids while her husband is governor? I wonder who wears the pants in that family?

I remember a joke on a tv show I saw many years ago, and I swear it was Billy Bob Thornton that said it on "Evening Shade", but someone asked "You know, the wife of the President is called the First Lady. What are they gonna call the husband of the first woman president?"

"They'll probably call him the First Lady"

Odd I agree, but open highways lends to SPEEDING. I went to Sturgis once and averaged 90-95 across S Dakota pulling a trailer. Besides, she's about 50 years old. I had at least 26 before I hit 20 years old. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, there's definitely something going on there, ain't it? Sounds more like the rap sheet of a 25 yr old meth dealer.
I've driven fast a lot in my life, raised a lot of hell, but never came close to such a record as hers.
3-4 tickets in Tn could earn you 12 points

12 points within 12 months could earn you 12 months of revocation

Must be pretty laid back up there.

Now, a good suggestion!
https://twitter.com/govkristinoem/status/1374165165495685121?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Originally Posted by slumlord

The 26 violations were as of 2010, 11 years ago. She's 49 now, so would have be 38 then. So 26 violations in 22 years. I've never know a woman who was/is ticket prone.

What you're source?
Its all over the internet, but here is one of many. https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kn...-gop-candidate-has-26-traffic-violations
I certainly agree that there are more important issues to be dealt with than males wanting to be females and females wanting to be males. I would also like sports to take a back seat to to more important issues.
Originally Posted by CRS
I certainly agree that there are more important issues to be dealt with than males wanting to be females and females wanting to be males. I would also like sports to take a back seat to to more important issues.

The issue is not with males wanting to be females. The issue is with males wanting to compete in female sports. Thats a pretty damn big deal.

If I, a white man, identity as a Hispanic, do I get minority status?
Originally Posted by CRS

The issue is not with males wanting to be females. The issue is with males wanting to compete in female sports. Thats a pretty damn big deal.

If I, a white man, identity as a Hispanic, do I get minority status?

Exactly. Huge social, cultural, and moral ramifications to say nothing of basic common sense.

If a man can “identify” as a woman to compete and even get a scholarship in woman’s sports. Than following the same logic why shouldn’t a 25 yr old man be able to identify as 65 yrs old and collect social security or identify as a 15 yr old for that matter and complete in HS sports.
Very disappointed in her. She was on Tucker tonight trying to justify her decision and was unconvincing.
only governor to say no to mask mandates

says this

“We could pass a law, then we could get punished, then we could face expensive litigation at taxpayer expense, and then we could lose,” Noem warned. “We’d have nothing but a participation trophy

and gets beat on it?

how quick people are to eat their own.
Well ,she did not veto the bill,she sent it back to the legislators because it was poorly written.If she would have signed it as is, NCCA could have taken her to court and beaten South Dakota every time they did.She did not fold,just used common sense.As written , it was a Trial Lawyers wet dream.She did the smart thing and got legal advice before signing.Lets see what happens before crucifying her.
So the NCAA has more power than the state legislatures and state law. Interesting! The NCAA is now in control of social issues?
Originally Posted by CRS

Tell this to the girl that has worked hard for years to be her best at the top of her chosen sport
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

says this

“We could pass a law, then we could get punished, then we could face expensive litigation at taxpayer expense, and then we could lose,” Noem warned. “We’d have nothing but a participation trophy

and gets beat on it?

BS. Did not the lack of a mask mandate open up the state to litigation, much more so than a few transvestites wanting to compete in NCAA sports?

All she did was (unconvincingly) read the excuse script.

Republicans do not understand yet they can not win any more elections. The cheating in the 2020 election made that real. So no more conservatives ever in the new United China States of the Communist party, formerly America.
Politician....soul.
She seemed out of sorts to me

I'd still hit it. blush
Originally Posted by AU338MAG
I'd still hit it. blush

Her husband would probably let you.... and want to watch.
Didn’t sign the no trannys in girl sports bill? Tucker is grilling her right now

My take on listening to her, on Tucker, she had valid points and is in it to win it. NCAA would just say, well then, no lady's sports in SD. Needs a better fix. And college interstate chit needs to be separated from the state issues to work.

Sheesh
Hold into the hood..

Agree but that would pizz off the pro team owners. They like having the cost of training paid by the taxpayer.

. I've never know a woman who was/is ticket prone.

I have. And she was a LOT of fun. 😊 But eventually became a meth wh ore.
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

says this

and gets beat on it?

They expect perfection (according to their own imperfect rules). A perfect human being hasn't ever happened, except once maybe 2000 years ago.
Just have them drop their drawers in private. Twig and berries or NOT. Ain’t that fugking difficult
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

My take on listening to her, on Tucker, she had valid points and is in it to win it. NCAA would just say, well then, no lady's sports in SD. Needs a better fix. And college interstate chit needs to be separated from the state issues to work.

Sheesh
Hold into the hood..

Spot on....She has been on this for several years now, just needs a better bill to sign.
I'd be more concerned if she signed a bill with a poison pill.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'd be more concerned if she signed a bill with a poison pill.

Or has a dick... 😜
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
LoLoLoL!!! Hot cowgirl just crushed y'alls dreams that she was a "rugged individual". She's a 'politician' and she'll run over your mothers to stay in political office - that's the greatest lesson she learned when she was in Washington D.C.

Politicians, BOTH Democrat and Republican, are looking out for their own neck first..............period. While I like Noem, the fact is, if she were not a good looking woman, we wouldn't know a thing about her. Sex sells.
good grief you people , here is a woman that signed into law constitutional carry . and kept her state open and functioning all thru the scam-demic , and you all are ready to throw her under the bus for opposing one poorly written bill ?

I suppose ya all will complain because she also put a stop to the pro-dope ballot intiative ?

and I thought Tucker came off as the whiney little bitch he really is.........
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
good grief you people , here is a woman that signed into law constitutional carry . and kept her state open and functioning all thru the scam-demic , and you all are ready to throw her under the bus for opposing one poorly written bill ?

I suppose ya all will complain because she also put a stop to the pro-dope ballot intiative ?

Amen.

There is more to it than a poorly written law. If the "corrections" were not communicated before the law was sent to her, then why not? I suppose the corrections were suggested before sent to Noem, because that's the correct political play, not good to cause a commotion like we have now. The legislators sent it anyway, because its written the way they want.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Amen.

Yep

It was a bad bill, she did not flat out veto it. She is trying to protect sports. The other option would be to get rid of all rules and make any person eligible for any sport offered. Could combine basketball, golf, tennis One multi gender competitive tryout, winners get to compete for the team. Just think of the money saved. Sarcasm off.

Assume she started driving around age 16.

34 years, give or take. 26 citations.

If she hasn't killed or crippled too many, I nominate her for a good drivers award...
The left says believe in the science when it came to the corona virus, but want to ignore the science that sex chromosomes designate gender. XX designates female, XY designates male. Unless they found a way to change genetics, it's a pretty simple concept.
Originally Posted by Huntz
Well ,she did not veto the bill,she sent it back to the legislators because it was poorly written.If she would have signed it as is, NCCA could have taken her to court and beaten South Dakota every time they did.She did not fold,just used common sense.As written , it was a Trial Lawyers wet dream.She did the smart thing and got legal advice before signing.Lets see what happens before crucifying her.

Sounded like she had her sh it together to me, despite Tucker's attempt to unravel her. She had to spell it out for him multiple times.

Still the best governor IMO.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Sounded like she had her sh it together to me, despite Tucker's attempt to unravel her. She had to spell it out for him multiple times.

This^^^^
She has put much more thought in this than any of us have. I believe she is waiting for the legislation to be written to benefit sports in her state. I would take her as my state governor any day. Of course my gov is a dickhead. Cuomo
The only reason this is a national story is because the media is out to destroy her, DeSantis, and every other governor or senator they see as an heir-apparent to Trump.

Has anyone here who is criticizing her actually read the bill? Taken advice from lawyers on what the odds of a court challenge are, and the win/lose proposition of it?

She did not veto it, she sent it back under advisement for the legislature to make changes. Huge difference.

In the grand scheme of things going on in this country right now, this is meaningless. Truly. Meaningless.

But now she's "dead" as a potential presidential candidate? Open your eyes and see what the media is trying to do here.
So, she wasted everyone’s time, by her NOT having a discussion with legislators BEFOREHAND, asking them what to put in it??? Or..... This is “political theater” to make her look “smart” by sending it back for “revisions”????

Or...... She’s just afraid of ticking off the NCAA and the Media???

The OP apparently has not heard her interview with Tucker nor read the Bill. She has sent it back to a re-work, realizes the NCAA will win any lawsuit and has started a coalition of like minded states to mount a defense. She has NOT given up - only re evaluating the options to insure a successful conclusion. She pushed back against Tucker and stills defends the original premise.

And oh by the way, she never vetoed the Bill. Get it straight people - some of you are sounding like the mainstream media.

I am willing to give her a chance on this based on her past performance. Lets see how the rewritten bill comes back, and what she does with the new version. I am as conservative as they come, but a lot of people here are extremely prone to knee jerk reactions. Sometimes you need to chill out and look bigger picture. She may pull this out, and stick it to the NCAA or she may drop the ball. Just let it play out and see, and quit whining. It gets comical to see the posts of those who want to take their toys and go home every time something doesn't go their way.
So, she wasted everyone’s time, by her NOT having a discussion with legislators BEFOREHAND, asking them what to put in it??? Or..... This is “political theater” to make her look “smart” by sending it back for “revisions”????

My guess is the NCAA sent her a nasty-gram before the bill was voted on. They have teams of lawyers who watch this stuff.
We'll have to wait and see what recommendations were made, what the legislature does with them, and what comes back to her desk.

Will it include SD high school teams, and SD college teams, but exempt collegiate competitors coming from out of state for a tournament? I'm thinking that last bit is the hangup.

If the legislature sends her something that meets the recommendations, she pretty much has to sign it, or she'll look pretty foolish.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Yep, Tucker tried a cheap trick ambush and did not succeed. She knew what she was talking about and he could not see past the thin boy/girl window dressing of a bad piece of legislation. Given what went down, she was remarkably polite to the jerk.

Tucker gets it right most of the time but he tends to lock on and burrow deep in stink when he is wrong.

She came out stronger than ever with those actually listening to her, and he stained himself. Hope he has enough sense to drop it, even if he cannot bring himself to apologize.

Bingo.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

The OP apparently has not heard her interview with Tucker nor read the Bill. She has sent it back to a re-work, realizes the NCAA will win any lawsuit and has started a coalition of like minded states to mount a defense. She has NOT given up - only re evaluating the options to insure a successful conclusion. She pushed back against Tucker and stills defends the original premise.

You really believe that? Why wait till now to get it straight? Why override the people (state legislators)? Why cause a political circus over it?

"Start a coalition of likeminded states to mount a defense" Yeah right. Don't hold your breath. A politician attempts to halt momentum in attempt to get it better later. How many times have I heard that? How many times have I seen it come to fruition?
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

And oh by the way, she never vetoed the Bill. Get it straight people - some of you are sounding like the mainstream media.

Yep, And saying "Get the shot".
OP needs to do a little research. There is a philosophical and financial aspect to this issue.

Being a woman has nothing to with it, nor does speeding tickets.

In the end game, the NCAA may lose this one. But OP can not seem to think far enough ahead.
Here's an article that goes into more detail:

https://jonschweppe.substack.com/p/the-kristi-noem-veto-explained

This is one of the changes she's made from the original text that has got people pissed:

"A team or sport designated as being female is available only to participants who are female, based on their biological sex, as reflected on the birth certificate or affidavit provided upon initial enrollment in accordance with verified in accordance with § 13-27-3.1 13-67-2."

The red highlighted section basically allows a transgender to have a doctor sign off on an affidavit claiming the individual is "female". Looks like she's hiding behind legitimate unconstitutional issues on the one hand, and placating the "powers that be" in the woke NCAA and Amazon on the other, claiming law suits scare tactics to justify it.

kinda funny because we had a bunch of hamlin county residents out here this last weekend visiting.

if you know sodak, the big church group in hamlin county don't put their kids into organized sports. castlewood has low turnout for boys and girls high school sports given its schools population.

anyways we all agreed this is a way to erode noems popularity with conservatives and has nothing to do with actually looking at the issue.

i watched tv once in the last year. tucker on november 3rd sold himself... whereas noem held the line against basically everyone over the commie cough bs.
Originally Posted by CRS
OP needs to do a little research. There is a philosophical and financial aspect to this issue.

Being a woman has nothing to with it, nor does speeding tickets.

In the end game, the NCAA may lose this one. But OP can not seem to think far enough ahead.

The OP isn't fleeced, as some. We'll see how this plays out.

I never claimed being a woman has anything to do with it. Where did that come from?

Regarding the traffic violations, I'm merely pointing out that something is a little off. That sort of record is not normal behavior.

Originally Posted by atse
I am willing to give her a chance on this based on her past performance. Lets see how the rewritten bill comes back, and what she does with the new version. I am as conservative as they come, but a lot of people here are extremely prone to knee jerk reactions. Sometimes you need to chill out and look bigger picture. She may pull this out, and stick it to the NCAA or she may drop the ball. Just let it play out and see, and quit whining. It gets comical to see the posts of those who want to take their toys and go home every time something doesn't go their way.

This.
You're a republican governor. You don't veto a bill passed by a republican majority, period, end of story.

She didn't veto the bill,period,end of story dumb-ass.
Originally Posted by rte

She didn't veto the bill,period,end of story dumb-ass.

Dude, returned it for "style and form".

it is....

Can't speak of South Dakota knowledgeably, but I know it takes a lot to get pulled over...I wonder if some leftist cop or two had it in for her, for some political reason...

I do have experience in North Dakota spending some time there... you have to be an idiot to lose your license there...
at least when I was there, it took 12 points to lose your license...

but you got no points for a speeding violation doing under 15 mph over... then it was a point for each 10 mph over that.. so you had to be doing 25 mph over to get a point..
then if your record was clean for over 90 days, they took off a point...

if you got a DWI , you got 3 points.... if you had no moving violations after 9 months, those 3 points were gone...

out of state violations were not recipicated by No Dakota unless you didn't pay the ticket, to where ever you got it...they'd temporarily pull your license until you paid it..

If you don't pay a ticket, or show up for a court appearance for traffic violations, after 2 years they just threw it off the books...

Granted this was in the mid 80s to the mid 90s....

often So Dakota and North Dakota, are close to the same on a lot of things it seemed....

I've been doing 15 over the speed limit in So Dakota, on I 90 and I 29 and had the S. Dakota Trooper, just honk at me as he passed me, but each of those times, there wasn't much traffic on the high way.. on old US 12, 14 or 16, never had a cop give me a second glance...

I love driving thru both Dakotas.... Montana also... a lot of great people also...
Well i like her and will await the outcome before i judge.
Just another politician.
CTS is trying to now make it sound like a straight veto. Not so but it’s his story and he can tell it anyway he likes. Edk
NOT A VETO. RETURNED THE BILL FOR "STYLE AND FORM"

It takes the same number of legislators to overturn a style and form as it does a veto. Call it what you will. It changes my opinion zero.

Super interesting thread here. Most of you have strong opinions on things you know little about...shocking. The NCAA isn't pressuring anyone including Governor Noem on this.

The pressure on her is coming from people in Sioux Falls, who think that Sioux Falls is the "Center of the World" and won't be unless they can fill the Sanford Premier Center and the Sanford Pentagon with NCAA tournaments which bring ESPN to town and puts the Sanford Centers front and center on National TV which no one watches EXCEPT the people in Sioux Falls who think that it is the "Center of the World" and require Sioux Falls to be on TV in order to confirm that bias.

Governor Noem needs votes in Sioux Falls next year to get reelected. And there you have it.
I would love to see every swamp rat hanging on a tree (political metaphor ) but I think some are willing to throw the baby out with the bath water...

Further weakening the gop now is like defunding the police.
olmike always says -- never vote for a woman , getting something for nothing is in their dna
You guys make me laugh. Governor Noem is being responsive to her voters, nothing more, nothing less.
Originally Posted by ol_mike
olmike always says -- never vote for a woman , getting something for nothing is in their dna

Well I’d take Owens over biden everyday
Sounded to me like she just sent it back to be rewritten so it couldn't be litigated into coyote dust.
I really don't care. I watched about 20 minutes of an NCAA game a day or two ago (Young man from the villages staying with us while looking for work is a fanatic).

Looked like a bunch of black guys (mostly) running back and forth for no apparent reason. .Hell, they didn't even have dogs after them.

Very boring.
And a large number of her voters do care about NCAA basketball. Big time.
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Super interesting thread here. Most of you have strong opinions on things you know little about...shocking. The NCAA isn't pressuring anyone including Governor Noem on this.

The pressure on her is coming from people in Sioux Falls, who think that Sioux Falls is the "Center of the World" and won't be unless they can fill the Sanford Premier Center and the Sanford Pentagon with NCAA tournaments which bring ESPN to town

So are you saying that the NCAA will boycott her state if she signs?

That would seem to be the NCAA pressuring her or am I missing something?
I'm not saying it. The Sioux Falls people are saying they're concerned about the NCAA doing that.

The pressure on her is coming from people in Sioux Falls, who think that Sioux Falls is the "Center of the World" and won't be unless they can fill the Sanford Premier Center and the Sanford Pentagon with NCAA tournaments which bring ESPN to town and puts the Sanford Centers front and center on National TV which no one watches EXCEPT the people in Sioux Falls who think that it is the "Center of the World" and require Sioux Falls to be on TV in order to confirm that bias.

Governor Noem needs votes in Sioux Falls next year to get reelected. And there you have it.

🙂

People are funny. Sioux Falls has made headlines, and national publications as to top notch medical care, quality of life, low taxes and business-friendly environment, low crime, etc. (all true) yet, listening to a local SF radio station all I hear is marketing and wanting to grow SF further.

It seems in America, we always wants to grow everything, never recognizing growing changes the character of most everything, any city, into something not as desirable. It changes.

There’s is now plenty of political, liberal-leftist thinking in Sioux Falls which used to be a nice, big town, but now is a rapidly growing small city.

There’s an old saying: “beware,..better is the enemy of good.”
I watched her explanation. I think she is correct. She needs a coalition to be a strong presence against the woke tranny sports supporters. SD isn't big enough to take them on alone.

I like her strength. I think she is a great governor.
You're directly over the target, George.

All except the "low crime" part...Sioux Falls doesn't want anyone to know about their "little" crime problem...
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by atse

This.

Yes this. I hope she is applying studies of Sun Tzu’s “The Art of War”

Well, was a rural rancher..
I’ve heard her in 2 interviews
For now, I believe she’s on the right track
Hopefully she’s solid

All except the "low crime" part...Sioux Falls doesn't want anyone to know about their "little" crime problem...

Yes, I knew, and it’s to my point.
Let’s see, if she gets on the ticket, because of this some of you are going to throw their vote away or vote for Kamala?

Dems don’t care, they stick together with the worst. While they let the Republicans eat their own.

She knows the game...if she is that smart she stays home.
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Yes, I knew, and it’s to my point.

It certainly is...directly to your point.

Well, was a rural rancher..

Could easily be me as well, lifelong farmer, lots of gravel travel and never wear a belt. I haven't had a citation in 20 plus years and could easily pull one down per week. I was pulled over twice last week...does that somehow change my conservative viewpoint? Look at Noem's record of preserving individual rights in SD, signing a bill protecting Down's Syndrome children from abortions this week, was on record in 2017 protecting male and female 4H events, lots to like about this Governor. Plenty of crackpot govs for cranky old guys to pick on without bashing Noem.
Somebody is blackmailng her.

Great insight. Thank you. Sounds about right to me.
You guys make me laugh. Governor Noem is being responsive to her voters, nothing more, nothing less.

So are the legislators.
Originally Posted by battue
While they let the Republicans eat their own.

EXACTLY. Thats my point. Republican sponsored and fully supported bill rejected by the Republican governor. Noem is the one eating her own. This should have been worked out behind closed doors. She may have very valid points that should be dealt with, but without the theatrics of bucking your own party who's taking a very conservative stance. It doesn't surprise me, but I had hoped Noem was different.

Yawl let me know when the states collate. Thats a bunch of BS, which is what really stuck in my crawl.
Whats she going to do now. The SD house voted 67-2 to reject Noems revisions, basically telling her to shove it.

🙂

People are funny. Sioux Falls has made headlines, and national publications as to top notch medical care, quality of life, low taxes and business-friendly environment, low crime, etc. (all true) yet, listening to a local SF radio station all I hear is marketing and wanting to grow SF further.

It seems in America, we always wants to grow everything, never recognizing growing changes the character of most everything, any city, into something not as desirable. It changes.

There’s is now plenty of political, liberal-leftist thinking in Sioux Falls which used to be a nice, big town, but now is a rapidly growing small city.

There’s an old saying: “beware,..better is the enemy of good.”

West River SD has always been far more conservative than the Minnesota-influenced Sioux Falls.

Those people actually think they have downhill skiing.
Originally Posted by battue
While they let the Republicans eat their own.

EXACTLY. Thats my point. Republican sponsored and fully supported bill rejected by the Republican governor. Noem is the one eating her own. This should have been worked out behind closed doors. She may have very valid points that should be dealt with, but without the theatrics of bucking your own party who's taking a very conservative stance. It doesn't surprise me, but I had hoped Noem was different.

Yawl let me know when the states collate. Thats a bunch of BS, which is what really stuck in my crawl.

Iirc, you mean, "craw".
It didn't end any better than it played. She's got some advisors to whom I wouldn't listen. Most of them aren't from here, which is usually a big mistake.
It played just how she intended. Disappointing, but not surprised.
Actually no, it sure didn't. What did it mean to you? Got a kid playing sports up here?
How was it suppose to play out? She already knew the bill was not going to be revised, and if not she's even worse than I thought.

What does it mean to me? That is a silly question, considering every news outlet is speaking of her in terms of Pres or VP material.

If she folds to one big city in the state, she can never handle what is coming her way on a national level.

The EO was her only move considering the fallout nationally and her future ambitions (for which she recently had another face job btw). How do you reconcile the EO and her being a voice for her base by the "veto"?

Let me know when she heads up the multi state coalition.

Don't forget I'm from the state of the infamously "tough" Jeff Sessions. But wait, Noem is different because she's a hot chic that rodeos. Fool me once......

I think it was supposed to play out as being a big victory for her, and as it turned out, it's anything but that.

I think asking what it means to you is a fine question to ask, your answer gives me a lot of insight as to your position and understanding.

Folds to one big city...meaning her voters? I think that's how its supposed to work isn't it? I think responsive government is better than the alternative, myself. I'm sure you'll agree, upon reflection. She should probably have told the press that is what she was doing. I have watched her staff up close and personal and think they lack the experience and ability to communicate that to the press, myself.

Well no, she made other moves and declined to make some moves. The website, the hastily called press conference, the language in the midday message yesterday. All of that was a choice.

What do you see as "her base?" I think that means South Dakota voters, doesn't it? The same ones who asked for a veto? If you think someone outside this state is her base, then I guess I disagree with that.

What do you see as "her base?" I think that means South Dakota voters, doesn't it? The same ones who asked for a veto? If you think someone outside this state is her base, then I guess I disagree with that.

Base = South Dakota voters AND legislators. If 99% of the state geographically has a solid position, including the vast majority of legislators, I consider that her base.
https://kelo.com/2021/03/16/state-c...es-bill-banning-trans-girls-from-sports/

Here's a flavor of where the opposition and the veto came from. I'm sure its hard for alot of you to come to grips with this, but yes it was the Republican business community that asked most fervently for the veto.
How is this reconciled with the EOs?

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO.com) — The head of the South Dakota Chamber of Commerce continues to oppose a bill awaiting Gov. Kristi Noem’s signature that would ban transgender girls from playing sports.

David Owen called House Bill 1217 “the worst bill that passed this session.” He said the bill “professes to protect women’s sports, but is really just a flat ban against transgender participation,” ignoring the lived experience of transgender students.

Supporters of the bill say it’s necessary to prevent people assigned male at birth from winning women’s sporting events. Owen called the notion of someone intentionally manipulating their gender identity for athletic reasons “a fictional myth.”

The bill also carries economic concerns. Other business leaders draw a comparison to North Carolina’s “bathroom bill” that drew condemnation in 2016.

“We know from other states that the threat is very real, and we’re hoping the bill will be vetoed,” Debra Owen, public policy director with the Greater Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce, told KELO-AM’s It’s Your Business with Bill Zortman on Friday.

Noem is undecided on whether to veto the bill. On March 8, she tweeted that she was excited to sign it, but later walked that statement back.

(Jerry Oster, WNAX, contributed to this report.)
The legislators aren't her base, and she didn't do much to elect any of them in my view. She has appointed some who I suppose would qualify as her base but not that many, less than ten. A number of them identify as Janklow or Jackley or Rounds Republicans. They're not lockstep supporters, either prior to this or now. They're all individuals with their own, albeit smaller, constituencies. They've got districts and some of them care a whole hell of a lot about basketball and about how Sioux Falls and Lincoln County appear. And all of that matters.

Finally, I'll say this. I have two daughters. No sons. My girls played individual sports and got their athletic ability from me. Meaning not much. If they'd have had to play tennis and golf against transgendered boys, they'd have had a much tougher time beating people who can hit balls harder and farther than they can. I probably would have been the easiest vote in the legislature on that bill. My girls had a tough enough time in their sports without playing girls who can hit 100 yards farther or 20 mph faster. I believe in competition, fair competition.
I think the EO's are fluff. I think they lack teeth. You might disagree.
Big picture, 20,000 feet overview, a penis competing in female sports because the penis does not identify as a penis makes zero common sense. We have lost all direction. I thought Noem was above the politics of the matter.
I see that ctsmith is still pushing his liberal cancel culture agenda against Kristi Noem.Being uninformed concerning the truth seems to be a hallmark of his.

He's asking members to believe that one of the few Governors,who has been successful in defeating Demonrats,has suddenly given up her winning ways.

As far as I know she was the only governor who never closed a business or church and never mandated wearing masks.She was constantly bullied by the fake news but she never wavered.Yet we're expected to believe ctsmith the "queen of cancel culture",here at the Fire.Ctsmith's knee jerk reaction,promoted by some dipshit pundits,clearly illustrates his lunacy.

Just one item alone,which the legislators overlooked,would make their bill untenable.This has to do with the transgender's birth certificate.Their bill would certify if the birth certificate indicates the person is a female then the tranny can participate in women's sports.They neglected to recognize that transgenders can have their birth certificate changed to reflect their current mental state of gender dysphoria.

Don't tell ctsmiththis this easily understood fact undermines his diatribe against Noem because he's dead set on being the "queen of cancel culture" here at the Fire.LOL

The talker from FOX attacked Noem,as he apparently believed the same drivel that ctsmith has swallowed.Governor Noem put the formerly bow tie clad Carlson in his place.

Governor Noem's email attempted to clarify her position. "Governor Noem has long stood for fairness in women's sports. The reason why should be obvious: guys and girls are fundamentally different. Only girls should play girls' sports.H.B. 1217 is a trial lawyer's dream, offering all sorts of avenues for litigation that have nothing whatsoever to do with the issue at hand. Furthermore, the bill picked a fight with the NCAA — a fight that renowned conservative legal experts advise Governor Noem that she will lose, especially considering South Dakota's unfriendly federal bench."

Her record in defending girls sports is quite clear when she beat the Dept of Agriculture who attempted to combine girls and boys rodeo events.Sshhh,don't tell ctsmith!

Her idea to form a coalition of states to fend of the NCAA is sound.If enough states join this coalition,then the NCAA will think twice about bullying all of those states.

It appears the single most prolific critic of Governor Noem is a guy named Scwheppe.He works for the American Principles Project and has written for The Federalist,which have done some good work for conservative principles but Schweppe is human and therefore fallible.I don't believe he took the time to understand Governor Noem's position but reacted like a scorned boyfriend.His arrogance and know-it-all attitude doesn't play well since he's too young to understand many issues facing Americans.
[Linked Image from thefederalist.com]
Originally Posted by sportingspecialist
I see that ctsmith is still pushing his liberal cancel culture agenda against Kristi Noem.Being uninformed concerning the truth seems to be a hallmark of his.

Cancel culture? You're an idiot. How about experience? Seen the same thing happen with Jeff Sessions. Others started seeing holes in the armor and us Bamers were blind as bat. No, not Jeff Sessions, he's an old wily southern gentleman that will stand firm!

And yes her lips and face that don't move are starting to annoy me. Got to stay pretty!

And yes I think 26 traffic violations at the age of 38 speaks of larger issues. At two she would not be allowed to drive a company vehicle for almost any company in America.

Originally Posted by sportingspecialist
Yet we're expected to believe ctsmith the "queen of cancel culture",here at the Fire.Ctsmith's knee jerk reaction,promoted by some dipshit pundits,clearly illustrates his lunacy.

Check the time of OP. Before Tucker Carlson interview.
The law in SD doesn't permit the Governor of this state to mandate masks or close businesses or churches. Some of the rest of you should be so lucky to have a Legislature which withheld that power from your Governors.
SS, to be clear, you and BK have opposing views. BK is saying she gave in to the her constituents in Sioux Falls.
The law in SD doesn't permit the Governor of this state to mandate masks or close businesses or churches. Some of the rest of you should be so lucky to have a Legislature which withheld that power from your Governors.

Right on brother. Agree whole heartedly.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan. She's a friend of mine, has been for years and still is. Ive seen a few govs come and go, and I don't agree with all of them on anything.

But I do find it interesting that she asked the 2020 SD legislature to give the Secretary of Health the legal ability to close businesses and churches, etc, and the Legislature refused to grant that.

But I do find it interesting that she asked the 2020 SD legislature to give the Secretary of Health the legal ability to close businesses and churches, etc, and the Legislature refused to grant that.

Very interesting.
If she was fat and had a big wart on her nose the horndogs in South Dakota would have never elected her.

Show me a place where pretty women get elected to political office,...and I'll show you a constituency that never got much puzzy.
Honestly I hope this thread never ends. I need the laughs. Addicted to them.
I’d put the hammer on her in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If she was fat and had a big wart on her nose the horndogs in South Dakota would have never elected her.

Show me a place where pretty women get elected to political office,...and I'll show you a constituency that never got much puzzy.

we would not have constitutional carry in this state without her being gov........went hard against the sheriffs association and the leading pukes in the state patrol to do that

as long as she protects the 2nd amendment I dont give a flying fug what she looks like or whether she is tough on trannys or not
Hahahaha!

Bristoe would sell his farm for a chance to vote for Tulsi......
Update on this for any of you SD natives? How is that multi state coalition progressing? Meanwhile several other states have passed transgender athlete laws in the last several weeks.
Update on this for any of you SD natives? How is that multi state coalition progressing? Meanwhile several other states have passed transgender athlete laws in the last several weeks.

Noem pledges to not accept illegal immigrants: 'Call me when you're an American'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ll-me-when-youre-an-american/ar-BB1fEGHC

Noem asks athletic commission to rescind vaccine requirement

https://apnews.com/article/south-da...-health-93c039f566416487bfb621a78c8017c9

while you are all worried that Kristi is not tuff enough on trannys , she is still doing her job coming down on the side of personal liberty and American citizens first..........
Transgenders is not the point, caving is. She's tuff, until they tell her not to be. But what really disappoints me is the thinly veiled lies. Legal issues? Hasn't stopped other states. Multi state coalition? Right! Just like that, she shows she's a typical politician.
I was wrong! Apologize to Mrs. Noem. Go get them!
Ok youre back on the pheasant hunting guest list

If Dick Cheney is also on the list, that is an easy pass.... smile

grin grin grin
I figured the chances of her circling back to the transgender in sports issue was about zero. Pleasantly surprised.
CTS- what's your obsession with Noem?

What makes you think I have an obsession?

Its obvious her political ambitions are President or VP, hence, I pay attention. Obsessed? With dirt bikes maybe.

The more we know about anyone who is a politician the better.

What makes you think I have an obsession?

Its obvious her political ambitions are President or VP, hence, I pay attention. Obsessed? With dirt bikes maybe.

10-4.
Originally Posted by irfubar

Wouldn't bet on that I don't think Noem has much regard for Liz and her relatives...mb
Originally Posted by irfubar

Now that's some funny shiit laugh
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

^^ THIS ^^
I agree with the Hot Cowgirl part, everything else not so much.

TinCock would hit it
If you can't sign a bill like that, you are not a Conservative and you ARE a coward.
Typical conservative circular firing squad. Not to worry though...the TV will tell you who to vote for.
© 24hourcampfire