Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AZmark
Like the OP Ive got a elderly parent to take care of. My mom is 90, still living on her own but needs some help daily, lives 1/4 mile from us, so wife and I got the Vax. So did mom and she only had a slight rash on her arm. We didnt want to take any chances with her, when its her time to go fine but we just didnt want to be the catalyst on making that happen. Another reason we got it was we have 4 grandkids that we like to see about every 2-3 months and dont want to stop that, and our sons have been very concerned about them bringing it to us.

All that said we are at very low risk as we live in a rural area and I work 2-3 days a week alone, and wife is stay at home.

We got our 2nd dose of Moderna March 1 and neither have had any side effects. EXCEPT for my blank stare and hunger for live human flesh. Its not that bad (the flesh that is).

Like many others we believe that mask thing is useless....but were not being Aholes about it, we will wear one when the businesses we visit ask us to, most are small rural places and our friends so we respect their wishes.

Wife and I have not worn masks. You will find that businesses have those signs here mostly to appease the public. But they won't say a thing when you walk in without. Not even the post office has said a word.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chesterwy
The unfortunate thing is, if you want to travel (over even state lines) I’d bet it going to be a requirement. Check stations at every border “I need to see your papers”

I don't need papers to illegally enter this country anymore.

Why should they think I need papers to travel. Ain't gonna happen.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MM879
YES, All reports of COVID symptoms has been very fast and very strong. If you make it through them, you will probably recover. Many don't. That is more than enough reason for me to get the shot.

We know very few that have had many issues with this disease. We know a couple that have died but had very bad pre existing. We know a lot of 80-90 year olds survived it just fine.

We tend to do whats important all the time. Wash hands and stay away from others for the most part. Its been a long time since we've had any disease.

We know more than a few forced to or that wanted to wear masks all the time. That still got covid.

With such a low percentage of even getting it and such a high recovery rate we simply can't justify an unproven shot. Especially with all the issues on other shots over the years it simple doesn't make mathematical sense

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I got the first dose, and will get the second in about 3 weeks

I know people that were healthy that died from complications of this virus....no left wing horse shiite here.

My sister-in-law, a healthy woman, was in the hospital for 3 days and went home with a respirator. My brother caught it and said he couldn't breathe for three days. He said it was a strange feeling, not that he was having trouble breathing but he just couldn't get any air, hard to explain.

Two young guys I work out with at the gym had it, said it was exceedingly horrible, and are getting the shot when they become eligible....

I could go on with horror stories and not BS, left wing propaganda, but stone cold fact..... The same as one will take his chances by not getting it, I'll do the opposite and roll the dice, after all it's free.

Last edited by TreeMutt; 03/23/21.

"an armed society is a polite society"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
I got the first dose, and will get the second in about 3 weeks

I know people that were healthy that died from complications of this virus....no left wing horse shiite here.

My sister-in-law, a healthy woman, was in the hospital for 3 days and went home with a respirator. My brother caught it and said he couldn't breathe for three days. He said it was a strange feeling, not that he was having trouble breathing but he just couldn't get any air, hard to explain.

Two young guys I work out with at the gym had it, said it was exceedingly horrible, and are getting the shot when the become eligible....

I could go on with horror stories and not BS, left wing propaganda, but stone cold fact..... The same as one will take his chances by not getting it, I'll do the opposite and roll the dice, after all it's free.

Free? You really think this shot is free? Probably think the "stimulus" are free too.... nuts.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The unfortunate thing is, if you want to travel (over even state lines) I’d bet it going to be a requirement. Check stations at every border “I need to see your papers”

This is the basic problem with our government. I do not think a mask is necessary, but, at least here in Washington state, our governor can close down businesses that do not enforce the mask edict. I do not want the places that I go to be shut down, so I wear a mask, against my basic instincts. Same with the injections. I spend time with my brother every summer in Colorado, and I can see it coming that you have to have your "papers" in order to fly anywhere. It is almost like resistance is futile, as the large corporations are pushing the crap about the China flu.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No. Nor the wife.

Yup.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Well that would be bad,but it wouldn't change my mind about taking the vaccine...I'll just stay in one place and not travel out of state anymore.I really don't have any reason or need to leave Louisiana if that's the way they wanna play.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't want it at ALL, but am scheduled for the first shot tomorrow.
At some point you won't be allowed on a plane without it (I hate flying, but do fly home a lot). I also have a Canadian hunt that was rolled over to 2021 and something tells me once open, the Canadian border (if open at all) will require vaccinations.

I suspect the lower % J&J vaccine won't be deemed acceptable by Canadian policy, so am going with one of the others.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I know more people who have had severe and ongoing reactions to the vaccine than have been really sick or died from covid. There’s your answer. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sitting here a week or 10 days into the rona. I'm glad I passed on the shot.

I had one day that I felt cold and took a shower. I coughed up some lung butter about 15 times in a week. I had a headache for about 4 hours. If the office didn't force me to test, I'd have never known as that symptom list is just part of me being alive.

I spent about $15 bux on vitamins and precautionary supplies and never felt as bad as my coworkers who took the shot.

If the Vax is to condition my body to fight the virus, is it not better to use the virus to get my body to learn on?

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can see why all the "sceptics" are dutifully rolling up their sleeves for the latest psychopath funded invention. Yup, " I am a sceptic. That is why I just willingly let the nice young man shoot me. "
Just trust the psycho....... I mean the SCIENCE.
🙄

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So Happy Camper..... Do you live in Happy Camp CA? just a wondering...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I can see why all the "sceptics" are dutifully rolling up their sleeves for the latest psychopath funded invention. Yup, " I am a sceptic. That is why I just willingly let the nice young man shoot me. "
Just trust the psycho....... I mean the SCIENCE.
🙄

with out watching the video, I'd agree with reducing the population 4 times...

starting with him, Soros and guys like them...

then democRATS...

followed by a lot of these communist and third world dictatorships.. their leaders... and the ones that follow them...

the planet is full of people who are useless and expendable to society....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
NFW!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I was OK to see my Dad get vaccinated, he is healthy 92. Why not.
I figured on getting one ASAP. Now I am eligible to schedule an appointment for one, and can't seem to make the call.
My gut tells me It's all a crock of sh it. Trusting any numbers published is suspect.
Even a % of front line heath care workers seem to be declining the vaccine.
Thinking on just saying fugg it.

How many of you are going opt out?
Neither myself nor anybody in my household has gotten either shot nor will we be getting it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
No

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by T_Inman
At some point you won't be allowed on a plane without it (I hate flying, but do fly home a lot).

I don't think that will be the case. The airlines would implode, requiring another, even bigger " stimulus " bill...a negative test in the preceding 72 hrs maybe....but I don't think they can swing the shot compliance.

I hope the mRNA shot works, but I've had too may people I know and trust , in the medical field, that are privately stating: look out for huge numbers of auto-immune disorders in the next 6-12 months.

I'm going to pass, Fauci is a slimeball, IMO...

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by T_Inman
At some point you won't be allowed on a plane without it (I hate flying, but do fly home a lot). I also have a Canadian hunt that was rolled over to 2021 and something tells me once open, the Canadian border (if open at all) will require vaccinations.

I suspect the lower % J&J vaccine won't be deemed acceptable by Canadian policy, so am going with one of the others.

Good point. I wasn't planning on getting the shots but I am in the same boat as you with a deferred BC hunt. Just signed up.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
So Happy Camper..... Do you live in Happy Camp CA? just a wondering...

No

I chose this name because this is the Camp fire.
When I'm out at my huntn' camp, I'm one happy camper. Generally I'm that way even though I expose Gates for what he is. For the other post, I hope gates asks to be injected with a whole gallon of his Kool aid.

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,315
Posts18,487,306
Members73,968
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.