Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Ok,,,,,, I was having a conversation the other day, and was asked this "Question", What do Hunting Guides Carry, Long-Gun or Handgun,,,,, I had to think about that for a few min's...... and as I understand it,,,,,,,,, Guides in Alaska, carry Long-Guns for the most part,,,,,,,,, and Guides/PH's in Africa carry Long-Guns as well,,,,,,, and I know for a Fact that a Hunting Guide in Idaho, can "Only" carry a Side-Arm/Handgun,,,,,,,, what about the other 7-Western States...... ? What say you........ cool Lj

Last edited by AK375DGR; 03/23/21. Reason: spelling...

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ask aste, his dad was one of the best in Idaho.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Ok,,,,,,, thanks, but I don't understand your reply,,,,, can you elaborate..... ? cool Lj

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If you watch Billy molls's videos he carries both. a 375 Ruger and a Smith N frame

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Why would guides in Idaho only be allowed to carry a handgun? That is the first I have heard of that.

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Ok,,,,,, Billy is Guiding in Alaska,,,, and Alaskan Guides can and do Carry a Long-Gun, as I pointed out in my Post above, what I'm looking for, is the rest of the 7-Western lower-48, as I've already confirmed Idaho...... cool Lj

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Ok,,,,,,, you'll have to ask Idaho Fish&Game..... cool Lj

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A knife.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I believe Billy carries an M-70 in 375 Hoot n Holler. Ive been watching a bunch of his videos and that’s what he was carrying at least in the 2010-2013. Maybe he changed after that.

Edit; he now carries a 375 Ruger Alaskan. The M-70 was lost in a river crossing.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 03/23/21.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Hey Mark,,,,,, Yea, I've seen some of his video's,,,,, but again, he is Hunting/Guiding in Alaska, and the Guides up here are able to carry a Long-Gun, of their choosing..... still looking for info: from the Lower-48 7-Western States, as Idaho limits Guides to a Hand-Gun carry only....... cool Lj

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
A knife.

...in their teeth...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I generally carry both. Montana. Depends if grizz needs to be considered on what caliber I carry.

Why wouldn’t a guide in idaho be able to carry a rifle. What if had tag and was hunting as well as guiding. I have shot animals while guiding if I had a tag my hunter didn’t and they didn’t object. Never guided in idaho but am right next door and haven’t heard of this.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shootAI
I generally carry both. Montana. Depends if grizz needs to be considered on what caliber I carry.

Why wouldn’t a guide in idaho be able to carry a rifle. What if had tag and was hunting as well as guiding. I have shot animals while guiding if I had a tag my hunter didn’t and they didn’t object. Never guided in idaho but am right next door and haven’t heard of this.

In AK it is illegal for a guide to shoot a big game animal if he has a client "in the field." Even if the client has finished his hunt, but is still there. Jim West got to find out the hard way on that one.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AK375DGR
Ok,,,,,, I was having a conversation the other day, and was asked this "Question", What do Hunting Guides Carry, Long-Gun or Handgun,,,,, I had to think about that for a few min's...... and as I understand it,,,,,,,,, Guides in Alaska, carry Long-Guns for the most part,,,,,,,,, and Guides/PH's in Africa carry Long-Guns as well,,,,,,, and I know for a Fact that a Hunting Guide in Idaho, can "Only" carry a Side-Arm/Handgun,,,,,,,, what about the other 7-Western States...... ? What say you........ cool Lj

you seem to be the only one that knows that fact.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by shootAI

In AK it is illegal for a guide to shoot a big game animal if he has a client "in the field." Even if the client has finished his hunt, but is still there. Jim West got to find out the hard way on that one.

Interesting. I did not know that. Guess every state is a little different. So how do they figure when the hunt is over ? Filled tags obviously doesn’t qualify. I assume you must not be with with a client at any stage of the operation?

Reread your post and decided I didn’t read it correctly the first time. I see the part of in the field. Interesting, but must of been made a law for a reason.

Last edited by shootAI; 03/23/21.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This guy is trolling, big time.

Why adamantly ask about the "other 7-Western States" when his post is in the Alaska forum?
What the hell are the "other 7-Western States" anyhow? I count 11 continuous US states west of and including MT, WY, CO and NM.
I have spent more than a little bit of time in Idaho (including being a guide several years ago) and have never heard of them not being able to carry a long gun while guiding. That's either a somewhat new regulation or a complete fib.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Look at the stupid ,,,,,, syntax. This isn't his first foray here.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I carry BobBrown's COCK.

#twohands

Originally Posted by renegade50
I'm an Oracle ...
You are a bug....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Sadly, I disagree.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Sadly, I disagree.

May I ask your opinion as to why he is asking what he is?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,398 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.