Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Four other types COVID vaccines are being developed that don't use mRNA technology.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got the Johnson & Johnson; zero problems.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
found this interesting

For the millions of Americans now eligible to receive the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, it’s recommended that everyone get two shots. The first dose of these mRNA vaccines trains the immune system to recognize and attack the spike protein on the surface of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The second dose, administered a few weeks later, boosts antibody levels to afford even better protection. People who’ve recovered from COVID-19 also should definitely get vaccinated to maximize protection against possible re-infection. But, because they already have some natural immunity, would just one shot do the trick? Or do they still need two?

A small, NIH-supported study, published as a pre-print on medRxiv, offers some early data on this important question [1]. The findings show that immune response to the first vaccine dose in a person who’s already had COVID-19 is equal to, or in some cases better, than the response to the second dose in a person who hasn’t had COVID-19. While much more research is needed—and I am definitely not suggesting a change in the current recommendations right now—the results raise the possibility that one dose might be enough for someone who’s been infected with SARS-CoV-2 and already generated antibodies against the virus.

These findings come from a research team led by Florian Krammer and Viviana Simon, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York. The researchers reasoned that for folks whose bodies have already produced antibodies following a COVID-19 infection, the first shot might act similarly to the second one in someone who hadn’t had the virus before. In fact, there was some anecdotal evidence suggesting that previously infected people were experiencing stronger evidence of an active immune response (sore arm, fever, chills, fatigue) than never-infected individuals after getting their first shots.

What did the antibodies show? To find out, the researchers enlisted the help of 109 people who’d received their first dose of mRNA vaccines made by either Pfizer or Moderna. They found that those who’d never been infected by SARS-CoV-2 developed antibodies at low levels within 9 to 12 days of receiving their first dose of vaccine.

But in 41 people who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies prior to getting the first shot, the immune response looked strikingly different. They generated high levels of antibodies within just a few days of getting the vaccine. Compared across different time intervals, previously infected people had immune responses 10 to 20 times that observed in uninfected people. Following their second vaccine dose, it was roughly the same story. Antibody levels in those with a prior infection were about 10 times greater than the others.

Both vaccines were generally well tolerated. But, because their immune systems were already in high gear, people who were previously infected tended to have more symptoms following their first shot, such as pain and swelling at the injection site. They also were more likely to report other less common symptoms, including fatigue, fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, and joint pain

Another interesting read on what happens when you get the shot

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/wellness-prevention/what-happens-after-you-get-covid-19-vaccine

Last edited by KFWA; 03/24/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
found this interesting

For the millions of Americans now eligible to receive the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, it’s recommended that everyone get two shots. The first dose of these mRNA vaccines trains the immune system to recognize and attack the spike protein on the surface of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The second dose, administered a few weeks later, boosts antibody levels to afford even better protection. People who’ve recovered from COVID-19 also should definitely get vaccinated to maximize protection against possible re-infection. But, because they already have some natural immunity, would just one shot do the trick? Or do they still need two?

A small, NIH-supported study, published as a pre-print on medRxiv, offers some early data on this important question [1]. The findings show that immune response to the first vaccine dose in a person who’s already had COVID-19 is equal to, or in some cases better, than the response to the second dose in a person who hasn’t had COVID-19. While much more research is needed—and I am definitely not suggesting a change in the current recommendations right now—the results raise the possibility that one dose might be enough for someone who’s been infected with SARS-CoV-2 and already generated antibodies against the virus.

These findings come from a research team led by Florian Krammer and Viviana Simon, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York. The researchers reasoned that for folks whose bodies have already produced antibodies following a COVID-19 infection, the first shot might act similarly to the second one in someone who hadn’t had the virus before. In fact, there was some anecdotal evidence suggesting that previously infected people were experiencing stronger evidence of an active immune response (sore arm, fever, chills, fatigue) than never-infected individuals after getting their first shots.

What did the antibodies show? To find out, the researchers enlisted the help of 109 people who’d received their first dose of mRNA vaccines made by either Pfizer or Moderna. They found that those who’d never been infected by SARS-CoV-2 developed antibodies at low levels within 9 to 12 days of receiving their first dose of vaccine.

But in 41 people who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies prior to getting the first shot, the immune response looked strikingly different. They generated high levels of antibodies within just a few days of getting the vaccine. Compared across different time intervals, previously infected people had immune responses 10 to 20 times that observed in uninfected people. Following their second vaccine dose, it was roughly the same story. Antibody levels in those with a prior infection were about 10 times greater than the others.

Both vaccines were generally well tolerated. But, because their immune systems were already in high gear, people who were previously infected tended to have more symptoms following their first shot, such as pain and swelling at the injection site. They also were more likely to report other less common symptoms, including fatigue, fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, and joint pain

Another interesting read on what happens when you get the shot

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/wellness-prevention/what-happens-after-you-get-covid-19-vaccine

No one can give accurate information on what the long term effects of a cell altering mRNA vaccine will be.

It's never been used before except in small experimental functions so no long term data is available.

Basically, it's a short cut that makes your body produce antibodies, but unlike conventional vaccines, mRNA alters the composition of your body's cells to cause your body to produce the antibodies.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the takeaway from that article to me is that if you had Covid-19 before you get the first shot, its very possible your body will react as if its getting the second shot with all the associated symptoms.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
the takeaway from that article to me is that if you had Covid-19 before you get the first shot, its very possible your body will react as if its getting the second shot with all the associated symptoms.

I've wondered about that also.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you've had COVID(19) there's no need to get the shot as you already have T-cell immunity.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I got the Johnson & Johnson; zero problems.

My wife took the J&J also.

She woke up the next day achy and in a ornery mood, so I know it didn't affect her at all.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The wife and I got our second Moderna shot this morning.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slugflinger
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Good post.

In addition, for those who are doing it, self diagnosis of your health issues and those of your family is not a good plan. See a doctor and get the real facts. Facts are always better than speculation based on what you've read somewhere on the internet..

Unless they really aren't facts.
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-childrens-health-defense-301217037.html

did you do the math on the numbers presented in the opening of that story?

181 deaths/ 10,595,866 vaccinated = 1.708213373026801e-5 or somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.00017% dead if I got the decimal moved correctly. Even if I didn't.....................that's a really low number of deaths. Really low.

Statistically insignificant ..........................................unless perhaps you're one of the 181 dead or their families and friends.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In the past, the data crunchers found that the numbers reported to VAERS represent 1 to 10 percent of the actual number of side affect instances.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In the past, the data crunchers found that the numbers reported to VAERS represent 1 to 10 percent of the actual number of side affect instances.

OK, if it's really only 10% being reported correctly, then change the decimal one place?

the real dead then = only .0.0017% dead ?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by kingston
If you've had COVID(19) there's no need to get the shot as you already have T-cell immunity.

But the media and the Pharma companies won't tell them that because they want everyone to buy their vaccine. Mula mula mula

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad

OK, if it's really only 10% being reported correctly, then change the decimal one place?

the real dead then = only .0.0017% dead ?

I am not a mathematician by any means, nor any kind of expert in this field, but I took it to mean only 1 to 10 percent of the problems get reported.

This would mean 90 to 99 percent were not reported, which would be, ( if those numbers are correct), 344 deaths (if it's 10%) or 360 deaths (if it's 1%).

Again, I don't claim to know, just trying to relay what I have read. There are other articles with more recent VAERS numbers that state 1500+ deaths. Of course, the total number of people vaccinated would also be higher.

If I can re-find any of those newer articles, I will post them up.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx
You need to see if you actually got the VIRUS about the same time. Your symptoms from the shot should have been mild, especially on the first shot. I don’t know of many who had much issue with the first. A few had symptoms for a day or two with the second shot.

Exactly. Start there. Possible that the old fashioned flu was contracted and independent of the Covid vax.

OTOH - vaccines are foriegn agents introduced to the human body to trigger an immune response, which is a very delicate and complicated cascade of events. It is not without risk or complication. Whey we are talking about 100 million people, there is a % that will have adverse reactions.

You could have 5000 people have an adverse reaction, but out of 100 million, that is 0.00005%. If you are one of that minute percentage, it suxs, but that does not mean the treatment is bogus. I repeat, it is not without risk.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I got the Moderna 3 weeks ago. Since then I have been suffering from fatigue and depression. Plus minor flu symptons.

I am no stranger to pain and suffering. Knocked out 2 teeth playing high school football. Knocked them out again 15 years later in a bad hang glider landing.
Got 38 stitches left thigh in a chain saw mishap. Fractured the right femur in a logging accident and after 18 months on crutches, wound up with total knee replacement.
Got 138 stitches in the forehead, at age 15, when I took out the windshield of an Olds 98 in a head on crash. Fractured the left ankle playing soccer in college.
I am just getting warmed up I could go on for several paragraphs.

These Moderna side effects are bad and I just can't shake them. I am lined up to take the second shot on Friday.
No way I am taking that second shot.

If I had known how bad it was going to be I never would have taken that shot.

Your nick name should be"LUCKY" grin

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
found this

"March 21, 2021 More than 439.3 million vaccine doses have been administered worldwide,"

We will see side effects.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by middlechild

But the media and the Pharma companies won't tell them that because they want everyone to buy their vaccine. Mula mula mula

Not only that....now they're talking about a 3rd shot so they can make more money.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But Donald and Melania got the shot after the 'Rona, why can't we?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 33 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.