Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
A neighbor worked at a wildlife refuge where they filmed an episode. One scene was supposed to be a lynx chsing a snowshoe hare. The film crew brought their own animals; when they opened the cages, the hare was prodded but would barely hop, and the lynx just bit at the stick. It took them half a day to get acceptable foootaage.

Neighbor reported the same thing regarding Marlon's indisposition.

Dale

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Marlin Perkins: "Jim, I want you to jump in that pool with that hippo and grab....."

Jim: "Fugg that schitt, Marlin!!"

LOL. I imagine ole Jim said that a lot off camera!

Loved that show when I was a wee lad in the 60’s !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
It was entertaining sometimes but it was very phony.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
It was entertaining sometimes but it was very phony.

Check the episode where they jump inthe river and grab a big assed anaconda. Marlin was in there with Jim and a handful of others. They dramtized and edited it, but when Marlin was younger, he was the real deal. He was the curator at the St. Louis Zoo for years.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Met Marlin with my dad at the St Louis zoo when I was about 5.We always watched the show.

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
My favorite episode was when he was in a 2 man submarine near the ocean floor surrounded by big hungry sharks that they had baited. One big shark bit one of the rudders and the submarine rammed into the sand. Marlin calmly said "Oh my, our submarine had been disabled. We're going to have to swim to the surface through all these hungry sharks." I'm pretty sure that what he actually said was edited out.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I used to watch that show at my Grandparets house,along with the ,National Geographic,specials.That was good T.V. back then on the old wood ZENITH T.V. All 7 channels,lol.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Loved that show when I was a kid. Sometimes the song from the commercial gets in my head still. "Mutual ... of Omaha ... is people ... you can count on .... when the going's ... rough."

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I loved that show as a kid, used to have to stand by the TV and hold the antenna to get it on the local station that carried it. I’m glad RFDTV is going to carry it, I’ll definitely tune in to it.

If Marlin was sloshed half the time that makes it that much better! I knew there was a reason I liked that guy!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
That show was one of my favorites, along with American Sportsman with Curt Gowdy and The Flying Fisherman with Gadabout Gaddis.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B3

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffP
“While Stan wrestles the anaconda, like Mutual of Omaha I’ll watch protected in the truck”

Marlon: "Let's watch while Jim attempts to circumcise this rabid wolverine..."

Ha! Great memories... eek laugh

John

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by okie
Marlin quips "While Jim is giving the deranged crocodile an enema I will observe with the native girl from the safety of the Land Rover. I certainly hope for the sake of Jim's family he has plenty of life insurance with Mutual of Omaha. "

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I always found those shows frustrating to watch as a kid.... I could never understand why, with all those animals around, they weren’t shooting any.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Used to watch it every Sunday night with the rest of the family. Even at that young age, I remember wondering why nothing ever died. Every prey animal always got away from the lion etc.
But back then, they didn't dare show any blood and guts.

.......... I recall that as well. Which is why I liked all those old "American Sportsman" episodes where they actually shot something now & then.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I used to like watching Marty Stouffers Wild America also.
I

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Wild Kingdom came on at the same time as Hee Haw here in the valley. My daddy would see who.the guest was on Hee Haw and where Marlin was and pick. If both were good he's sit on a stool and flip and forth. Big RCA tv.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

210 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 2ndwind, 35WhelenNut, 30 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,626
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.