Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Took it for years in Pa. as needed for pain no problem. Moved to WV and the toothless hillbilly cuzzin' fuggers have abused it so much NOBODY gets it.

Was reading a NatGeo article in the docs office which lead to a cvonversation
on opiates with the PA. He said thery have been opiate free for several
years. None on site, no prescriptions written for them. Any serious
pain patients get referred to a clinic.

Have been prescribed Percocet after several procedures.
I never follow their advise. 800mg Ibu's are a frequent friend
for joint pain and other inflammation issues. They step up and take
a run before the narcotics are tried. If they fail, then we go
Hillbilly Junkie(prescription type). Never took more than 2 of them.

Do use the narcotics cough syrup though.

Anything like this stuff whacks my wife out.
They gave her a mild Valume for an MRI. Serious La-La land!

Personally never noticed any effects from any of it.

But it scares the schidt out of me.

We don't even have alleys, so I sure don't want to end up working the
glory hole at the truckstop.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by persiandog
been in pain for 2 weeks , begged my doctor and emergency room PA for any pain killers. does anyone have any good mexican heroin?

I don’t know your job situation, but relief is just over the Oregon border.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
I am disciplined about it.

I have lots of 5,10s straight oxy squirreled away. I don’t get all stupid and take them for sandy mangina pain or trips to the moon.

Every time they run a camera up my dick to scan my kidney, I get a 5 day supply. You get something the size of a magic marker ran up your pisser all the way to your kidney, that’s my happy pill. Sheeeewe buddy !!! eek
Try to save the other 2 or 3 day’s worth and stock piling for big events like digging up the septic tank or cutting a cord of firewood. 👍👏🏻

I thought yer 'ol lady did those jobs?

GOA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

I have lots of 5,10s straight oxy squirreled away. I don’t get all stupid and take them for sandy mangina pain or trips to the moon.

Every time they run a camera up my dick to scan my kidney, I get a 5 day supply. You get something the size of a magic marker ran up your pisser all the way to your kidney, that’s my happy pill. Sheeeewe buddy !!! eek
Try to save the other 2 or 3 day’s worth and stock piling for big events like digging up the septic tank or cutting a cord of firewood. 👍👏🏻

I'm guessing it's only while she's cooking he steps in for a few. Woman has got to cook wtf are you thinking. Lol

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Always interesting to read the campfire Doogie Howser, MD outtakes.....

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs

Sometimes I have to help, a little. For optimization purposes. Women need guidance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Several years ago my lower colon and the outlet thereof were in a mess. The best colo-rectal doc around took one look and said you have to have surgery this week. The pain in the aftermath was horrible and unbelievable. The hydrocodone he prescribed did nothing. I survived the next 2 or 3 days by using some left over oxycodone washed down with Pabst Blue Ribbon. Didn't use but 5 or 6 of them and realized I was playing with dynamite and then I toughed it out with over the counter stuff. I had a cousin that got addicted to opioids and also a good friend who is now 68 and a hopeless addict. So I knew to get away before I got in trouble.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Hastings, I think that’s really the crux of it - awareness of where it could lead. If used responsibly, and only when nothing else will do, you can get away with it. I think most believe “well, the doc gave them to me so it’s OK”.

Years back I got a script for Valium while I was in the throes of a marriage breakdown. When I took it to the pharmacy the pharmacist said “if you take these as directed (3x/day) you will be addicted within 2 weeks”. I heeded that advice and only took one/day, right before I got home and had to deal with the crazy biotch. Never developed a problem. Got rid of the biotch and got rid of the Valium, too.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Have to wonder where the pharmacist came up with their verifiable references. Amazing that millions plus have take valium up to three times daily for short periods of time and did not become addicted.

The role of the pharmacist is to advise his customers on potential side effects. Not make absolute diagnosis based on limited knowledge of the patients complete medical history. In this case his knowledge of the patients past addictive or non addictive history. Further did the prescription indicate scheduled three times daily or as needed three times daily.

In addition, if he/she had any reservations re appropriate dosing the first consultation should have been with the prescribing MD. Rather than going straight to causing the patient what may be undo concerns, in that three times daily Valium falls well within accepted and established guidelines,

Someone is playing Doogie....

Last edited by battue; 03/28/21.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I disagree. The pharmacist’s job is to understand pharmacology. The doctor’s job is to treat the patient’s symptoms.

As it happens, I have an extensive family history of addiction and the doc was well aware of it, given that he treated my entire family over 40+ years.

I’m not saying the doctor was wrong but the pharmacist was right to give fair warning.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pharmacology is only part of the pharmacists professional responsibility. And in this case was in error to state you would be unquestionably addicted within two weeks.

Fair warning is different than your statement he unequivocally stated you would be addicted within two weeks...

Their professional responsibility would be to state the potential of addiction, to advise not to operate machinery or consume alcohol while on valium. Not to say you WILL become addicted within 2 weeks of short term use.

Addition: And the accepted medical guideline-physician and pharmacist-re Valium and addiction.... is with prolonged usage.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have been on a legacy script of Tylenol 3 since 2012. Some days I take 2. Somedays 1....sometimes I go for a week and don’t take any. Sometimes I go for 6 months and don’t take any. Then, after not filling the script for a few months, I start back and all my docs get all stupid about the “blah blah blah, opiates crap”

Now, that being said, tylenol3 is pretty benign.

I think people get addicted to stuff because have they have a lobe in their brain for such things, like gambling or chronic masturbation or like a female has for shopping.

I don’t have the luxury of being to take Aleve or naprox or any NSAIDs.

I have a bottle with about 350-400 xanax tablets. Might take one a month. I didn’t ask for it, it came with a battery of meds after my transplant, I think because I asked too many questions at my appts.
I’m not addicted to that. It’s in a cabinet for the taking. Supposedly it’s very habit forming. Hmmmph!! Whatever, maybe for some string bean meth head. IDK.

Some dead heads would lose their chit over the stuff I have pharmwise just sitting idle. No I won’t flush it donate it to the “Policeman’s Ball” either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Battue,

You are a pharmacist?
I think. Or retired as one?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sometimes I have to help, a little. For optimization purposes. Women need guidance.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Battue,

You are a pharmacist?
I think. Or retired as one?

Yes...Still working 3 days a week on average, Currently in a hospital setting...

The path to addiction is one that takes many different routes...One size doesn't fit all. Have seen patients on enough opiates to kill the proverbial horse and once they were no longer needed had little issues. Others needed intervention.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Most heroin addicts these days didn't just wake up one day and jab a needle in their arm. It started with pain pills. The pain pills ran out...and heroin was cheaper and easier to find. This is well documented.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I have been on a legacy script of Tylenol 3 since 2012. Some days I take 2. Somedays 1....sometimes I go for a week and don’t take any. Sometimes I go for 6 months and don’t take any. Then, after not filling the script for a few months, I start back and all my docs get all stupid about the “blah blah blah, opiates crap”

Now, that being said, tylenol3 is pretty benign.

I think people get addicted to stuff because have they have a lobe in their brain for such things, like gambling or chronic masturbation or like a female has for shopping.

I don’t have the luxury of being to take Aleve or naprox or any NSAIDs.

I have a bottle with about 350-400 xanax tablets. Might take one a month. I didn’t ask for it, it came with a battery of meds after my transplant, I think because I asked too many questions at my appts.
I’m not addicted to that. It’s in a cabinet for the taking. Supposedly it’s very habit forming. Hmmmph!! Whatever, maybe for some string bean meth head. IDK.

Some dead heads would lose their chit over the stuff I have pharmwise just sitting idle. No I won’t flush it donate it to the “Policeman’s Ball” either.

Slumlord pretty much has it figured out..The brain lobe has to do with dopamine, which is released when we get something that makes us feel good...Some end up relying on drugs for their dopamine fix. If you haven't reached the point where you need drugs for your dopamine fix...there is usually little consequences of short term usage.

And for most, the relief of pain is enough of a dopamine fix for them to not become addicted and to go without...

Addition: And some will fear the possible return of pain that no longer exists....and the drug gives them their dopamine fix of psychologically thinking they are keeping the pain away. And since most of the opiates in someway alter our mental state towards pleasure, in and of themselves they can become the fix...Getting high is short term pleasure...

.Many paths...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A true wonder drug when pain is intense. Was prescribed it numerous times for such things as knee surgery, herniated disks, when I had 3 disks in my neck replaced, broke my scapula in three places, etc etc.
Like anything else..............use it in moderation and only use it when its needed. Its sad so many junkies has made it almost impossible to get from a Doctor anymore.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Been dealing with some stuff for a couple of months and so far I’ve been prescribed Tramidol then Hydracodone and now Gabapentin. None seem to really work for me. I take extended release Tylenol that seems to work the best but am going to stop soon because of the long term side effects. I hate to take pills in general so stopping is easy except for what to use for the pain now. Took Naprosyn for 2 years while I had 4 knee surgeries and it worked well. Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Most heroin addicts these days didn't just wake up one day and jab a needle in their arm. It started with pain pills. The pain pills ran out...and heroin was cheaper and easier to find. This is well documented.

that's why i am skipping the pills.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1234, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,764
Posts18,495,621
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.