Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have had it for 30 yrs. I told my chyropractor and he said he had some over the counter stuff for it. It didnt work much or if any. It is by Coincidence that I have been having a real hard time breathing. I started eliminating things I though might be the problem . It felt like a lump in my throat and pain in my chest and right lung. Every time I drink milk , it irritates my breathing somehow. I also suspected all the coffee I was drinking for many years was drying out my throat. I met a singer at church , she said she didnt drink coffee cause it dries out your throat , and I remembered that. I stopped drinking milk and coffee 3 weeks ago. The tinnitis and the vitamins I have been taking for a month did help. I dont think it is the vitamins from the chyropractor. This weekend I started drinking tea and coffee and even some milk. My breathing got worse and right now, my tinnitus is worse than it has been in several weeks. I am quite sure the caffine in the tea and coffee is making my ear ring a LOT more than last week. It is something in the coffee and tea. I dont think it is the milk. The vitamins might have helped a bit. Last week I laid in bed and noticed the ringing was less than I can remember in many years. Before coffee I drank tea ( wifes family is from the south) before that it was Mountain Dew so I always had sugar and caffine. It would not hurt to lay off caffine for a month to see if your tinnitus tames down a little. I am done with any caffine ad may do away with most all sugar if it means getting rid of this sound. It is really loud right now! Also, I have been putting in home made ear plugs most all the time. I take half a square of toilet paper and twist it to the size of an ear plug. They go in real good . It is just enough to keep the cracking sound out if someone drops a board or there is a loud bang close to me at work . This might have helped also. Hope this helps.

Last edited by ihookem; 03/28/21.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have it from gunfire inside houses and flash bangs going off next to me. It sucks, but I'm getting used to it. Sucks when I'm at deer camp and can't hear the rain on top of the trailer we sleep in.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m lucky I don’t have it, fired lots of 12 gauge shells

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m lucky I don’t have it, fired lots of 12 gauge shells

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by stxhunter
yeah, it sucks big time, I wouldn't kill myself over it, but damn I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I don't remember what silence is.

Have it non-stop in both ears for exactly 50 years now....

Never thought about killing myself over it...but I slept with the radio on to drown it out for a loooooong time.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Left ear.

Screams at me.

Same ear , same crap.

Mine is the result of some significant neurosurgery 22 years ago. Took my hearing in that ear so for compensation left tinnitus 😉

Worse when tired, being in noisy places( like the Texas Roadhouse) makes it worse.

[bleep] happens ....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve pretty much gotten used to it , it just is there. Way to much really loud music from my teens and 20’s and lots of shooting really loud guns . My wife and friends say I talk so softly they have a hard time hearing me but I think I’m talking normally .

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've had tinnitus for more than 40 yrs. , tried the nose cancelling hearing aids and they did nothing to help the tinnitus.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I think I've had tinnitus from the time I was about 13 years old. As long as I pay it no mind it doesn't bother me, but if I do pay attention I definitely "hear" it. Moving around, it doesn't seem to register but if I'm sitting in a blind on a nice calm day it sure reminds me it's there. I guess I've gotten used to it...can't remember what it's like to not have it.

Same here . . . 55+ years and counting. Sometimes it's better (less noticeable), sometimes it's not.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I too suffer from constant ringing in my ears. It bothers me most during hunting season, when my surroundings and I are silent, the ringing/tone can be maddening. Like Big Pine, too many concerts in the 80s & 90s (AC/DC, Van Halen, The Who, Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Metallica....to name a few). That, and tens of thousands of rounds down range, and in my youth, not always with adequate hearing protection.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yeah, it sucks big time, I wouldn't kill myself over it, but damn I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I don't remember what silence is.

I have had the symptoms for many years. Comes and goes. Usually I don't think about it until someone mentions it. Thanks. Not.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Left ear.

Screams at me.

On the other hand...
It Could be a cougar screech in your ear...
Or a shrew screech at your back...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Have had it 30 years, doesn’t bother me too much unless I am thinking about it, thanks Roger.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had it for years, but had my left ear blown out by a guy shooting a rifle right next to me a little over a yr ago, I'm pretty much deaf in that ear but for the ringing. I can't hear someone talking to me unless I turn my head to use my right ear.

Understand completely.
Motorcycle racing in my teens, loud music, and a lifetime of shooting. Was about 16 when a buddy ripped off at a dove without giving me a heads up, there went about half the use of my left ear.

The tinnitus is worse when I drink alcohol and when I use Ibuprofen or aspirin.

Good luck finding any relief.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jdunham
Have had it 30 years, doesn’t bother me too much unless I am thinking about it, thanks Roger.

I've had it for yrs also till it got this bad, hard to ignore now.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by blindshooter
I've had it for years, but had my left ear blown out by a guy shooting a rifle right next to me a little over a yr ago, I'm pretty much deaf in that ear but for the ringing. I can't hear someone talking to me unless I turn my head to use my right ear.

Understand completely.
Motorcycle racing in my teens, loud music, and a lifetime of shooting. Was about 16 when a buddy ripped off at a dove without giving me a heads up, there went about half the use of my left ear.

The tinnitus is worse when I drink alcohol and when I use Ibuprofen or aspirin.

Good luck finding any relief.

yeah, it lets me know when I need to take my blood pressure meds.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I cant hear in a crowd.

So....I avoid crowds.

Suits me fine.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
same.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have good touch of it, masonry drills, confined spaces and jack hammering got mine.

Buzzing and hissing right now.

I have noticed when it magnifies, my blood pressure is spiking. Seems to run a pattern in my situation.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I’ve had it for 46 of my 64 years.
Caffeine definitely makes it worse.
Crowds make it tough to pick out what someone in front of me are saying, and the jumble of noise makes me irritable.
It’s worst when it’s quiet in the woods. The tinnitus masks the sounds of animals moving.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

55 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,641 guests, and 744 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.