Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Same chit turned sideways. All the same information, same pic, same state issuing both. There's no valid reason one should need to show proof of automobile driving proficiency in order to do business in a bank.

Right

That’s what I’m saying.

In-house policy, is what it is

Wear a mask is stupid, and the mandate is expired here. Same US Bank makes inside customers wear a mask still.
I let that one ride.
Funny, no one in there, tellers chit chattin, I come in, they pull their masks back up.

The whole aspect, theyre full of shît

Theyre full of shît too about not taking Tennessee Bureau Investigation screened, issued Tn HG permit.

People don’t do much reasoning anymore, less and less are capable of processing If/Then statements.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Same chit turned sideways. All the same information, same pic, same state issuing both. There's no valid reason one should need to show proof of automobile driving proficiency in order to do business in a bank.

Right

That’s what I’m saying.

In-house policy, is what it is

Wear a mask is stupid, and the mandate is expired here. Same US Bank makes inside customers wear a mask still.
I let that one ride.
Funny, no one in there, tellers chit chattin, I come in, they pull their masks back up.

The whole aspect, theyre full of shît

Theyre full of shît too about not taking Tennessee Bureau Investigation screened, issued Tn HG permit.

People don’t do much reasoning anymore, less and less are capable of processing If/Then statements.

If you'd went into a bank a year and a half ago wearing a mask, guess what would have transpired?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by efw
Yep I work for a bank and concealed carry licenses are not on our list of approved methods of identification.

There are lots of very official looking “IDs” around that don’t carry the same weight as a drivers license or passport so we are given rather specific instruction as to what we can and can’t use. Much of this has to do with readily recognizing a potential fraud and not enough people use concealed carry as ID so front liners can’t recognize legit from false.

In a small institution like mine a manager is given discretion and I would take it if that was all a person who I didn’t know had on them but most people carry their drivers license with them as faithfully as their concealed carry permit.
Maybe it's our location, but the banks all know their customers and don't ask for a DL or other ID.. They have, on occasion, asked me to verify an account # via last four of SSN, but only when it's obvious the employee is new and doesn't recognize the banks' customers yet..

FWIW, I've never had to show an ID here (yet)... laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Redneck
Maybe it's our location, but the banks all know their customers and don't ask for a DL or other ID.. They have, on occasion, asked me to verify an account # via last four of SSN, but only when it's obvious the employee is new and doesn't recognize the banks' customers yet..

FWIW, I've never had to show an ID here (yet)... laugh

Yep we operate that way too hence the phrase “... if that was all a person who I didn’t know...”

We’re a community bank operating in a small town so It isn’t often we need to even ask for ID as we know most of our customers. My newest teller has worked for me for almost 2 yrs.

I could be wrong but based upon the number of people who come here to open accounts after being messed with at bigger regional and nat’l banks there may be institutions where even if they know you they ask for ID.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
An acquaintance had their driver's license suspended for 90 days and used a CCW permit as ID for the duration. Was never questioned.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Why would you bank with USbank is the real question?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by rost495

Thats kind of interesting when it takes MUCH more to get a CHL than a DL. my TX CHL has my DL info on it... not required in AK.

I try not to use it as ID, no real reason, but say I didn't drive a car, what are you going to take?

States issue non-Drivers ID cards.

I agree with you on the requirements being greater for concealed carry permits vs drivers license. It’s above my pay grade to get to make the lists of accepted ID (honestly I’m pretty sure it’s like Homeland Security who provides financial institutions “guidance” on this stuff) but my guess is that everyone has a drivers license or state issued non-drivers ID card or passport and they’re easy to recognize as legit or not.

Can’t say as I agree with every jot and tittle of policy and the institution where I work grants leeway to people in my position to make exceptions as far as negotiating checks or withdrawals.

Come in to open an account with a non-accepted primary ID and that’s gonna be a problem I can’t get around. USA PATRIOT Act says so; money laundering for terrorists and drug dealers they say. It’s for your own good dontcha know.

And all that...

Interestingly enough a CHL is a non driving state issued ID card... But I totally get your side. Not that either of us agree that a CHL isn't carrying more proof than a DL or ID card.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Why would you bank with USbank is the real question?

Well, about every other month, my US Bank visa sends me 2, sometimes 3 $25 gift card for Academy Sports.

pay the monthly expenses with it, pay it off end of the month, ise their money 25 days get ‘rewards’

Just paid for my VRBO at the beach for next month, ran it thru my US Bank visa, sent visa my stimulus, should get a pretty good batch of gift cards.

Buy ammo and reloading components as they trickle in.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
When I walk in our bank, somebody always hollers "Hey, Greg!'.

Nobody ever mentions an ID.

Last edited by gregintenn; 03/29/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe I would not be letting strangers or folks that don't have to know in on the fact that I'm carrying a concealed weapon or a permit for one. I have both and do not display either. It is carried for a reason and concealed for several reasons. Not much to be gained by advertising yourself as packing.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Used to be like that at the main downtown branch of Commerce Union aka Sov-Ran aka NationsBank aka Bank of America.

Now all ‘my people’ are dead or retired. Outlying B-of-A branches are full of bitchy puerto rican and half-groid tellers.

I bank at four different places in town. It’s complicated, savings, investment vehicles, shared business accounts and power of attorney situations, shared personal account with extended family, farm and land stuff.

Where’s “WillieCD” mfker, he has 4 or 5 ranches, he knows whut’s up. lol

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Hastings
I believe I would not be letting strangers or folks that don't have to know in on the fact that I'm carrying a concealed weapon or a permit for one. I have both and do not display either. It is carried for a reason and concealed for several reasons. Not much to be gained by advertising yourself as packing.

Big +1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Has anyone mentioned you dont even need an ID card to vote in this country in many states.
Let alone have signature confirmation on a mail in ballot for the most part.

Or even produce a ink signed original BC to run for POTUS and not some bullschitt reproduced certificate of birth years after in lieu of one.

LOL!!!@slumlordyoursisawhitemansproblem....
If a groid went in their with biden bucks and a library card .

No problemo to set up an account..

LOL!!!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

When I walk they say “aw $h!t I was hoping you had the day off!”

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
JFC

I SAID I left my DL on my truck visor.

Never fails in a thread like this.

No, I dont flash a carry permit around. Rare occasion. It all worked out.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
I have heard of that elsewhere....
Perhaps because it is issued at the county level?
But the CCP is defined by state law and is thus a state photo ID.

And, after all, drivers licenses are issued at the "district" level, and passports at the post office level. So it should be acceptable in my opinion...

My best guess is that they don't have a sample in their training book..

Pass ports are not issued by the Post Office. They are issued by the State Department.
Sure you can turn in your documents at the Post Office, or like I did at City Hall, but that's not the issuing authority.

True. (Can't slip on by you!)
But they do verify your ID, and deliver the passport back to you, unless you use a courier for expedited service) and the Post Office employee acts as Prothonotary...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
JFC

My +1 wasn’t aimed at you just in general. I get your circumstance.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
JFC

Yeah right..

You was wanting to show man....

Along with the knives, flashlights, gerber tools, 3 in 1 oil, and werthers originals in your pockets too...
LOL!!!

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Werthers originals sends a whole different kinda of creepy feelings up the spine.

I have a whole bag right here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Is TN permit a picture ID? PA was, but VA isn't. Maybe they want to be sure that you really are you?

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,440
Posts18,470,889
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.