Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Chauvin Trial Day 1 Wrap-Up: Opening Arguments & Three State Witnesses

Welcome to our ongoing coverage of the Minnesota murder trial of Derek Chauvin, over the in-custody death of George Floyd. I am Attorney Andrew Branca for Law of Self Defense, providing guest commentary and analysis of this trial for Legal Insurrection.

Last edited by ConradCA; 03/30/21.

[Linked Image from ]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by ConradCA; 03/30/21.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks for that.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like the persecution of George Zimmerman!

Prosecutors lying and telling half truths.

They said the knee on the neck wasn’t allowed by police department, but the use of force document detailed how to do it.

They didn’t mention the 3x fatal dose of fentanyl consumed by Floyd just prior to his arrest.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wonder how a police force comes back from this. Or rather, how the District Attorney's Office does? There is a certain amount of trust needed between the cops and the prosecutors and how do you re-establish this after the Prosecutors have essentially, betrayed the police?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you really think he will be convicted?
I don't,
He was a big dumbass but now everyone is playing the game called

"Get Chauvin off and not cause any more destruction than necessary"

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I read briefly today about an MMA fighter as an expert witness about the “blood choke” hold that was used.

Must be quite the circus.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I wonder how a police force comes back from this. Or rather, how the District Attorney's Office does? There is a certain amount of trust needed between the cops and the prosecutors and how do you re-establish this after the Prosecutors have essentially, betrayed the police?

Don't worry about it. As long as they're black storytellers.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
Do you really think he will be convicted?
"
I think he will - and I think he should be... That video is totally damning to the defense... And I think if he (somehow) gets off on this, Murderapolis will burn like Chicago in 1871....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
The drugs may have been the reason the puke died, but Chauvin is, or at least was, a dumbass of the highest order.

His stupidity has caused a lot of damage and misery. He may well end up paying for that, even if he didnt commit M2.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/31/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
tag

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The drugs may have been the reason the puke died, but Chauvin is, or at least was, a dumbass of the highest order.

His stupidity has caused a lot of damage and misery. He may well end up paying for that, even if he didnt commit M2.

Exactly. Chauvin had absolutely no reason whatsoever to hold Floyd down like that. You can spin it anyway you want, and I am no fan of Negro thugs, which is precisely what George Floyd was, but Chauvin was wrong in what he did, and will pay the price for it one way or another.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
You and Redneck are making the same mistakes that were made in the Rodney King Case. You saw a brief vidieo that looked bad and decided he was wrong/guilty..... To someone who is very familiar with such things, it, at best raises the question as what went on before that. The other problem is that he is on his side. I know of no way that could have killed him. That's probably why it is used by them. I understand it's been used many times and no one else has died because of it's use.
The other thing is that the prosecution is using lay persons and their emotional responses as evidence. That doesn't meet the legal requirements for a conviction. You must have facts that meet the legal requirements.
This was tried in the Freddie Gray Case. And the black judge threw out all of the charges against the six cops. Simply because the evidence did not rise to the legal requirements of the law.
Frankly, if this is the best they can do, there is no case for a conviction. E

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Jamesjr hit the nail on the head

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If after watching the video you don’t think Chauvin played an active role in the death of Floyd you don’t possess much sympathy. When suspects are a threat use the force required, once they stop being a threat it becomes torture.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Exactly. Chauvin had absolutely no reason whatsoever to hold Floyd down like that. You can spin it anyway you want, and I am no fan of Negro thugs, which is precisely what George Floyd was, but Chauvin was wrong in what he did, and will pay the price for it one way or another.

That's kind of where I'm at too. The optics of the incident were just terrible.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by specneeds
When suspects are a threat use the force required, once they stop being a threat it becomes torture.

Please tell us exactly when that threat ceased.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's too early for me to say. I've been watching it and before the trial I had seen the autopsy report. The key question is: Did Chauvin cause Floyd's death? There's no question that at some point excessive force was used and that the officers showed indifference to Mr. Floyd's situation and whether he was in distress. There is a question as to whether the drugs he consumed caused his death. If I lightly punch you in the nose at the same instance that you suffer a heart attack; did the punch cause your death? To a bystander it might look like I did. If the consensus of the autopsy results is that the level of drugs in his system and his pre-existing health condition was the cause of his death then there is no murder. IMO he is guilty of failure to render or allow first aid while he was clearly in distress. Whether that is a legal transgression, I am not aware. It certainly was a moral failure.

ps, If the level of drugs in his system may have been the cause of his death, that doubt as to the cause of his death should result in his acquittal. The autopsy report and the experts' opinions as to the cause of death is the key to this case.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Turn off your T.V.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by specneeds
If after watching the video you don’t think Chauvin played an active role in the death of Floyd you don’t possess much sympathy. When suspects are a threat use the force required, once they stop being a threat it becomes torture.

What killed George Floyd was George Floyd. If he hadn't been passing counterfeit bills while overdosing on various drugs he would have made that day in the shade.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1minute, 1234, 222Sako, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,077 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,871
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.