Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
So use the BCG you can get your hands on right now and when a good bolt comes along, throw your 9310 bolt away and replace it with a BCM or Tool craft, because blue says it's chidt. There sure is a lot of whining going on over this chidt. I seriously doubt anyone is going to see a bolt failure with one of these RTBA BCG's. I've put 1,000's of rounds on mine, just a FYI. I'd rather get something running and useable than sit around with my thumb in my azz, IF I were one of these guys wanting to get an AR going. How many 9310 bolts have you seen fail blue? Probably not too many... Just sayin. Generally when I buy a good barrel, it comes with a good bolt anyway, so there's also that. As we've all seen any BCG is hard to come by these days, and the best BCG's are unobtanium for the most part. Guys are having a hard time finding parts of all kinds. I was nice enough to let a barrel with low pro gas block and tube and handguard go to a good guy here for a steal this week because said parts are getting harder to find. Luckily I'm still able to find parts locally and plan on replacing the barrel with a matchgrade barrel later on. What gets me is there are guys here that are needing parts and I know a lot of you have tons of parts, but I have not seen you offer to help your fellow AR shooter out or a new AR shooter out with a good BCG, but you'd rather criticize what kind of parts the damn guy buys when times are tough. I say get off your fu cking high horse.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
High horse? Well the ride is a lot better than walking through all the BS down there. But carry on...

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’m always reminded of a conversation I had with a guy who worked at Colt in QC inspection. He said he rejected lots of parts that would not meet the criteria and would send them back to the vendor. He said the vendor wouldn’t scrap those parts, they’d sell em to another company that didn’t care and usually they were sold as “from a Colt mil spec supplier” even though they didn’t meet mil spec.

I bought a “Colt” RE a couple of months ago from a company mentioned here and I’ll never buy from them again. It was plain to see it was a reject.

But every time I’ve posted a good deal on a quality part, there’s always several here that claim it’s too high and X brand or company is “just as good as”. Frankly I don’t care anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good parts aren’t hard to find. Good parts at prices from 12 months ago are hard to find. I’ve seen good BCGs, barrels, and complete uppers and rifles in the last couple of weeks. It’s called the internet. There’s stuff there.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
So use the BCG you can get your hands on right now and when a good bolt comes along, throw your 9310 bolt away and replace it with a BCM or Tool craft, because blue says it's chidt. There sure is a lot of whining going on over this chidt. I seriously doubt anyone is going to see a bolt failure with one of these RTBA BCG's. I've put 1,000's of rounds on mine, just a FYI. I'd rather get something running and useable than sit around with my thumb in my azz, IF I were one of these guys wanting to get an AR going. How many 9310 bolts have you seen fail blue? Probably not too many... Just sayin. Generally when I buy a good barrel, it comes with a good bolt anyway, so there's also that. As we've all seen any BCG is hard to come by these days, and the best BCG's are unobtanium for the most part. Guys are having a hard time finding parts of all kinds. I was nice enough to let a barrel with low pro gas block and tube and handguard go to a good guy here for a steal this week because said parts are getting harder to find. Luckily I'm still able to find parts locally and plan on replacing the barrel with a matchgrade barrel later on. What gets me is there are guys here that are needing parts and I know a lot of you have tons of parts, but I have not seen you offer to help your fellow AR shooter out or a new AR shooter out with a good BCG, but you'd rather criticize what kind of parts the damn guy buys when times are tough. I say get off your fu cking high horse.

You got all that from a picture with two red arrows?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
I’m always reminded of a conversation I had with a guy who worked at Colt in QC inspection. He said he rejected lots of parts that would not meet the criteria and would send them back to the vendor. He said the vendor wouldn’t scrap those parts, they’d sell em to another company that didn’t care and usually they were sold as “from a Colt mil spec supplier” even though they didn’t meet mil spec.

That's a very common practice, way more than most people think, & it's not just limited to gun related parts either....................ask me how I know, 1st hand.

That's why, IMO, it always better to buy directly from the actual manufacturer / vendor whenever possible. Doesn't always work, but I prefer doing that way when I can.

MM

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You got all that from a picture with two red arrows?

Arrows are arrows.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not to put words into Blue's mouth, but, IMHO, he's just pointing out that the particular bolt in that BCG is being advertised as "Mil-Spec" as indicated by the arrows he drew.

While the bolt from 9310 may well be every bit as good or better than what the Mil-Spec calls for, which is C-158, it's still not "Mil-Spec" from the material standpoint, hence the advertising is somewhat misleading (for many) & is not accurate in calling that bolt "Mil-Spec". And they are NOT selling that bolt to any agency that is specifying & buying to Mil-Spec requirements, which is implied in their write up. (Why do you think that people like Toolcraft & Colt still make bolts about of C-158? Actually TC uses both materials, but anything going to a .gov, buying to "Mil-Spec", is C-158)

It has nothing to do with whether that particular bolt from that particular manufacturer is either good or bad.

Just the way it is..........................

But for all you all, make of it what you like, & buy whatever makes you happy from whoever you want to buy from.

MM

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
buy whatever makes you happy from whoever you want to buy from.

This.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good parts aren’t hard to find. Good parts at prices from 12 months ago are hard to find. I’ve seen good BCGs, barrels, and complete uppers and rifles in the last couple of weeks. It’s called the internet. There’s stuff there.

$160

https://www.fightmasterfirearms.com...fWvWMBu-ICIFJeDuqly90E6oDctse8bkMX7AbXNs

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Not to put words into Blue's mouth, but, IMHO, he's just pointing out that the particular bolt in that BCG is being advertised as "Mil-Spec" as indicated by the arrows he drew.

MM

Well, you would think that. Because you’re a smart guy.

I zeroed the Geissele yesterday for a hunt tonight. I’m not sure if a $300 BCG with a non-mil spec bolt makes my horse higher nor shorter. Hopefully it doesn’t break.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

$160

https://www.fightmasterfirearms.com...fWvWMBu-ICIFJeDuqly90E6oDctse8bkMX7AbXNs

Unfortunately, out of stock. Shows in stock, but won't let you add it to your cart.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Here’s a Spike’s (FN) CHF mid-length barrel. It’s in stock, and comes with a $25 gas block. Not the deal of the century, but only $50 more than a lot of mediocre stuff, that can’t even be found, now..

https://aimsurplus.com/spikes-tactical-16-st-fn-chf-5-56-barrel-w-pinned-mid-length-lpgb/

Screw it on a $50 Anderson stripped upper, put a $14 Aero gas tube on, and get a $55 Matrix Arms Foxtrot handguard from Joe Bob, and call it a day...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I zeroed the Geissele yesterday for a hunt tonight. I’m not sure if a $300 BCG with a non-mil spec bolt makes my horse higher nor shorter. Hopefully it doesn’t break.

Well, after all it is a Geisselle...........................should be good for at least one hunt anyway. LOL

Is that their Nano-Coated, whatever they call it, BCG?

I will have to say that some of the better coatings or surface treatments do make cleaning the carbon off bolt stems waaaaaay easier. DLC in particular is really slick............you can actually feel the difference in how smooth the carrier rides in the upper too.

Coupled with good material, i like the better coating over manganese phosphate.

MM

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 01/26/21.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Don't tell that to the guy on utube that shot 8000 rds without a problem

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Trigger1963
That's called a sample of one.

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 3333vl, 68 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,461
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.