Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by DBT
If something is nobodies business, why post it on a public forum?

Thanks I got all wordy but you got to the heart of the question

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
If something is nobodies business, why post it on a public forum?
Well, that is an interesting question, in that a person has to wonder how we all know which individual is interested in what and which is not, and what each individual thinks is nobody else's business - or does not think that - until some topic is posted? It would seem that the best way to avoid inviting someone else into your business would be to ignore or avoid the threads that touch upon your business. Self-protection, eh?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It being a discussion forum, it seems odd for anyone who participates to complain about their private beliefs being questioned. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

God is not hard to find, but no man speaks for him.

If god is omnipresent as some claim
Then it's in the air one breathes, every
cell and atom..What need is there to seek?
But there are believers who claim they can
detect the absence of God..so go figure.

If such God wants someone in his fold he
should be easily capable to usher then in
without any mere mortals trying to sell it.
OTOH, since the book of life is already written
one is either in their already or not..or is there
some way of doctoring a list already composed
by God?

And lastly , If Jesus was God why did he
have to first receive the holy spirit at such
late age before going into the wilderness?
Why was he without the spirit from birth ?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by RickyD

So you believe Jesus was telling those with a relationship with Him to eat His flesh and drink His blood, and you're not a Catholic of the Roman variety?

Correct. Never been a Romanist; my tradition actually names the Pope as a force of anti-Christ. We also explicitly reject the doctrine of transubstantiation.

Genuine question... if Jesus said something in Scripture are we who are in a saving relationship with Him bound to believe He meant it?

Another genuine question for all Christians; is the physical world the only “reality” there is? Can, in the instance of our Lord’s Supper, one believe that there is, mysteriously, a REAL presence as He said, while rejecting transubstantiation?

The real evidence of His love was displayed on the cross. How religious was that? Goodness man!

Religion is defined as: a particular system of faith and worship so yeah, given that I believe that He truly offered Himself on the cross, was in the ground for 3 days, and that God resurrected Him from the dead, I’d say that’s religious in its nature.

Unless we’re using a different definition of the word “religion”?

What has gotten into you these days?

Nothing new... I have always believed in the words of our Lord recorded in Scripture:

John 6: 53 So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

And in His supper:

Mt 26: 26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the[c] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”

And then just to reenforce the point the Apostle Paul says:

1 Cor 11: 23 For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body, which is for[f] you. Do this in remembrance of me.”[g] 25 In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

I tend to believe that all of these passages are absolutely true and that, in His lovingkindness, Christ left this as a gift for His people.

Do you disagree?

I’m genuinely interested in anyone’s answers to the questions above. They have lead me to my thoughts on the supper.

I disagree with your source. You must not be using a KJV Bible. The word "flesh" does not appear in that most Holy and correct Bible. Most likely your's is by Hoyt and Wesscot who were shills for the pope.. I strongly recommend two movies that will tell you much about the history of the Church. "A Lamp in the Dark" and "Tares Among The Wheat". Amazon has them to purchase or watch and many others. While I have not watched everything by Adullam Films, the ones I have watched are very good and to the point.

We are called to "rightly divide the word of Truth". Without the most correct Bible that is not possible and interestingly enough, the KJV is the ONLY Bible that verse is written in any Bible version. Jesus often spoke in parables and his followers often had problems with those in their understanding. When He and His disciples attended the Last Supper, He gave them bread and wine and also spoke as though that bread and wine were his body and blood. Most likely because that would be His reality very soon. But I do not believe He intended for them to believe that everytime they ate bread and drank wine they would be eating His flesh and drinking His blood, but also in at least one Gospel He tells us why He told them this: In remberance of Him as your "re-enforcement" confirms.

I will say this, I am taken aback and frankly appalled by you challenging my, or anyone's belief in the Bible over a trivial thing, and that particularly something you have wrong. You also ask about reality. In this life and this world there is NO reality. Of course, and to many, it would seem like it, particularly at the time of joys or sorrows, but it is not actual reality in this life. That comes in the next. And for those who ponder just what that will be, I would answer them tremendously and amazingly better than I, them, or anyone else on this temporary earth could ever imagine.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by ltppowell
My religion is none of your MF'n business.

That is totally cool by me.

Pardon me if I’m incorrect, but why the animosity? No one asked about your religion; you’re free to come on a thread marked “Religion?” and you’re free not to. Can’t be that you’re surprised to see the topic once you open it. No one forced you to post.

This is baffling to me.

I don't pretend to answer for my friend Pat. I will say that I understand his response. I have met him, interacted with him and I think I understand him. I am sure I understand his perspective. We have no animosity toward the Almighty or his Son. I speak for myself when I say I am grateful for his salvation. With that being said, my heart is hurt for the things I have seen, and felt. I understand that life is not fair. I see that the devil walks to and fro, seeking whom he may devour. I do not understand. I know it is wrong to question, yet I have questions... I am no longer comfortable in church, but I pray often. Is it animosity? I hope not. But I know that God is good. I give him praise.

That's all that is required. I'll enjoy meeting you and Pat.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

I will say this, I am taken aback and frankly appalled by you challenging my, or anyone's belief in the Bible over a trivial thing,

Please forgive my apparent disrespect; I say this sincerely. It clearly came off as challenging you and I didn’t mean it in that spirit; I take it for granted that you do respect the Bible and more importantly the God who inspired it. I see why you felt affronted and I apologize.

The translation of the Bible I used above was the ESV. I’d contend that we know Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew and have scholars who can translate them and when seeking answers to questions such as these lean upon sources that are most literal in their translation.

Grace & peace to you and yours Ricky,

Efw

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by efw
CT my question about animosity had to do with the threads on religion... not animosity toward religious people. I am with you and get that. And I have no personal issue w/ anyone in this thread including Pat.

Gotcha friend.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,839
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.