Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gnoahhh Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I just read a blurb where Savage announced that in a partnership deal with Miroku they are bringing back the 99, in small numbers and select calibers. Interestingly they will be takedown carbines in the early traditional chamberings. .22 HP wasn't mentioned though, what a drag.

Stay tuned for more April 1st news.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
LOL. You got me!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
He can't tell the truth farther than he could throw it, how could he get you!

It is 4/1, so that's a joke to. I think Gary is a pretty straight shooter, literally, and figuratively,

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
sob! you had me bouncing in my wheelchair!!!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Living’ up to your icon there I see. Whatsa madder for yuu?

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I knew it was a bald face lie before I finished reading it...

grin

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well with Colt bringing back the Python and Anaconda to production he had me going for a minute until I read down further. But hey, ya never know, with the right production as is always said about Savage--"Never say Never"!!!!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
When I read Miroku I think I almost burped a little vomit, what a relief when I read further!

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I just read a blurb where Savage announced that in a partnership deal with Miroku they are bringing back the 99, in small numbers and select calibers. Interestingly they will be takedown carbines in the early traditional chamberings. .22 HP wasn't mentioned though, what a drag.

Stay tuned for more April 1st news.

If Miroke did indeed announce a reintroduction of the Model 99, I would be one of the first in line. They make great product. My Miroku Winchester 1885 22 low wall is absolutely flawless. Shoots better than I do and looks great doing it. I'm sure they would do justice to the 99 if they felt so inclined. Now, let the tar/feathering begin.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt I would buy one unless it was like a 32-40 SRC and realistically how many of those would they sell?

The re-introduction would probably be a 300 EG, or 308 E.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They could do 2 types of re-introduction. One intended for mass sales, which I think is what the Savage management is only interested in. They'd have to look to steal sales from Marlin, Henry and Browning while matching their prices. No idea what models they'd try to replicate.. the 99C is easiest to build, but last time they looked at it they wanted the rotor design. I'd guess 99EG, 99F.. lots of others are just a change of stock, so ??

The second would be smaller periodic runs of "commemoratives". For this I presume they'd aim at something like the 1899CD in various cartridges - 32-40, 25-35, 38-55, 30-30. Maybe the 99G takedown. This would be the kind of thing they could contract with Miroku to do.

Not sure I'm in favor of it, lots of originals still out there. Though if the prices continue to soar, at some point the commemoratives would sell.

Last edited by Calhoun; 04/01/21.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'd probably buy one. I own a lot or firearms but have never owned a brand new one. Never found anything new I wanted to buy. Same with guitars, I own a lot of them but never a new one.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by damnesia
I'd probably buy one. I own a lot or firearms but have never owned a brand new one. Never found anything new I wanted to buy. Same with guitars, I own a lot of them but never a new one.

When I turned 18 I ran out and bought a brand new Ruger 22. I wanted the bull barrel, but all my shop had in were 2 standard barrels. I still have it, 45 years later. Had it out 2 weeks ago, and it still shoots.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I would also buy one if I had any money to spare but after our spaghetti crop was wiped yesterday by the Aprilis Primis blight we are in trouble. Just awful to see the spaghetti dying on the vines.

Its a tough life down here and of course it always happens a day earlier than you blokes, wish me well

Johno

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spaghetti squash I presume?

~Admiral Yamamoto~

G
gnoahhh Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by oldotter

If Miroke did indeed announce a reintroduction of the Model 99, I would be one of the first in line. They make great product. My Miroku Winchester 1885 22 low wall is absolutely flawless. Shoots better than I do and looks great doing it. I'm sure they would do justice to the 99 if they felt so inclined. Now, let the tar/feathering begin.

I've owned 3 rifles (2 currently) and 2 O/U shotguns made by Miroku and all of them were made to a higher standard of fit and finish than anything put out by Remington, Marlin, Ruger (especially Ruger), Winchester, and Savage in the last 40 years. Period. As much as I love the couple of Ruger #1's that I own I have them mainly for the calibers they're chambered for. The two Miroku/Browning/Winchester single shots I own are tighter, better finished, better wood-metal fit, and more accurate than the Rugers - and that's saying something because the Rugers are 3/4MOA shooters and often less.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You didn't check today's Date?

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Maybe we should send some purchase orders straight to Miroku!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by S99VG
Maybe we should send some purchase orders straight to Miroku!

Put me down for one of each!

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Or just send your deposits to my paypal address

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 75 invisible), 2,181 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,784
Posts18,495,971
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.