Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by muleshoe
A declining Church attendance in our society equals a declining society.

And a country in decline.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by wabigoon
John 3:16 says a lot.

Yes it does Richard. I just wish more people could see that.

I am more of an Old Testament kinda guy...

Though He slay me, I will hope in Him; yet I will argue my ways to His face.

- Job 13:15

The New Testament is a book of "Hope"...

The Old Testament is a book of "Discipline"...

The Testament that is being written NOW... is one of "Strength".

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Everyone is one heart beat away from their end day.

Birth pains are occuring.
20,000 earthquakes were recorded in 2000 with average intensity of 2.4.

2020 recorded 120,000 with average intensity of 4.2.

In Noah's time, it probably rained ten days before the scoffers got concerned. Of course, the bigger the fool the more time it took to get their attention.

Of course, the unbelievers will take solace in HIS having said HE would not drown the Earth again, while forgetting what HE said about the signs of HIS coming again. Fools.

jag, did some of the shorter giants take note, and head up to the high ground? in other words were there some escapees from the flood? it could be true that more than 8 or so survived?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing

The Old Testament prepared the world for the coming of the Savior.

The New Testament fulfilled that prophecy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmmm
A declining Church attendance that correlates with a steadily declining quality of life, coincidentally occurring on the same piece of real estate ?

Whooda Thunk?

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I think your name says it all and what is important in your life.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Hmmm
A declining Church attendance that correlates with a steadily declining quality of life, coincidentally occurring on the same piece of real estate ?

Whooda Thunk?

makes sense, kinda. an empire with co-related components. the empire is in decline? the chinese are in ascendance? uh, lot's to think about.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
The local pagans gather and worship, after a fashion, does that count? Or are Christians churches the only ones which can be included? I don't know to what extent the loss of community is fostered by the lack of any particular religious affiliation or the attendance of weekly meetings but I'm sure it plays a part. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunzo
Less folks in church, fewer hypocrites.
It's hard to be a hypocrite when you have no morals.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone

LOL

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone

I'd put it this way:

Is it better to have standards and ideals you cannot meet, or none at all?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Bible tells of a great falling away from the Word as the end days approach. Is this it?
Yes, this is it. We've been in it for a couple years now, depending on how you demarcate things.

Politics is War by Other Means
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by cooperfan

I think your name says it all and what is important in your life.

My name about as a subtle way of politely decling trade offers of broken microwave ovens... for my Browning shotguns.

Try again.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

The Old Testament prepared the world for the coming of the Savior.

The New Testament fulfilled that prophecy.

"The New Testament fulfilled that prophecy."

Really?

The new Testament is an "Hope Filled" Obama soup sandwich with a side order of cold stale fries.

It has been manipulated and abused FOREVER.

Dig deeper...

Life is damn hard... The Old Testament was very clean on that. Israel is a miserable chunk of rock... but the Jews hold it like a jewel because the know that Hard = Truth.

Prepare Now... extremely hard schist is coming.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by UPhiker
If you live a good, moral life, you'll end up where you're supposed to.

In that, you are saying that you can "do good" yourself into heaven. If that is the case then Jesus died for nothing.

In reality, there are none who can merit going to heaven without Jesus' righteousness imparted upon us None! It's the work of the cross not our own good works. No matter what you (or I) do, we will never be good enough to go.

That part of Christian doctrine troubles me. A Buddhist monk who has done no harm to anyone or anything in his lifetime, and who has lived a virtuous life, goes to eternal torment upon death, but a sleazeball small-town politician or thieving businessman who has screwed people over all of his adult life gets to go to heaven, just because he was a deacon in church for the connections it gave him?

What about mentally ill people who, through no fault of their own, can't attend church or understand it? Schizophrenics, agoraphobics, people with social anxiety disorders, people with severe learning disabilities. They are tossed into the lake of fire because they were unlucky enough to have malfunctioning brains?

It all seems very unfair and arbitrary.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Everyone is one heart beat away from their end day.

Birth pains are occuring.
20,000 earthquakes were recorded in 2000 with average intensity of 2.4.

2020 recorded 120,000 with average intensity of 4.2.

In Noah's time, it probably rained ten days before the scoffers got concerned. Of course, the bigger the fool the more time it took to get their attention.

Of course, the unbelievers will take solace in HIS having said HE would not drown the Earth again, while forgetting what HE said about the signs of HIS coming again. Fools.
The end days require a global government and a means by which a mark can be put on a person that will enable them to buy and sell. We're running headlong into that government. Recent technology, microchips and readable tattoos, along with a move toward a cashless economy, have made a mark very possible. What we have now isn't the mark but it's almost to the point where it can be used for one.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by auk1124

In that, you are saying that you can "do good" yourself into heaven. If that is the case then Jesus died for nothing.

In reality, there are none who can merit going to heaven without Jesus' righteousness imparted upon us None! It's the work of the cross not our own good works. No matter what you (or I) do, we will never be good enough to go.

That part of Christian doctrine troubles me. A Buddhist monk who has done no harm to anyone or anything in his lifetime, and who has lived a virtuous life, goes to eternal torment upon death, but a sleazeball small-town politician or thieving businessman who has screwed people over all of his adult life gets to go to heaven, just because he was a deacon in church for the connections it gave him?

What about mentally ill people who, through no fault of their own, can't attend church or understand it? Schizophrenics, agoraphobics, people with social anxiety disorders, people with severe learning disabilities. They are tossed into the lake of fire because they were unlucky enough to have malfunctioning brains?

Actually, it's very telling. The "our way or eternal doom" thing isn't exclusive to Christians.

Years ago I asked myself if I want anything to do with a "god" that does what you described: torture for eternity despite living a good life simply because you didn't believe.

That's a hard no from me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No, not at all. The only connection required is to Jesus Christ, period. And that is the only way. Period.

This whole thing is so badly misunderstood that it's mind boggling. Religion is about making yourself acceptable to God (and will always fail). A relationship with Jesus Christ is about putting your trust in him and him only---and it is NOT religion...it is not ritual, it is not tradition, it is not any of those things. It is just too simple to understand for some.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

No, not at all. The only connection required is to Jesus Christ, period. And that is the only way. Period.

This whole thing is so badly misunderstood that it's mind boggling. Religion is about making yourself acceptable to God (and will always fail). A relationship with Jesus Christ is about putting your trust in him and him only---and it is NOT religion...it is not ritual, it is not tradition, it is not any of those things. It is just too simple to understand for some.

Yeah, so, regardless of how you live, if you never even knew about Jesus, let alone "believed" in him, torture for eternity.

I'll pass.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

God is a fair judge so we have to rest in that. Being a deacon in a church means nothing to God. Read your Bible and get to know Him through that. It will help you understand more that ALL men are sinners (ALL!). None are better than the others in the sight of God. It is only His righteousness and grace that sees us through.

OTOH .... We will NEVER understand all His ways nor do we have the right to shake our fist at Him and tell Him He's wrong.

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1936M71, 12savage, 1lessdog, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,956
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.