Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I lost faith in churches a long time ago. That does not equate to losing faith in the gospels miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I am not sure a declining church attendance equals anything but a declining church income.

And that, folks, is the best answer yet.

This might be a good place to differentiate between being a believer in Christ and attending a church regularly. Doing one does not necessarily mean doing the other.

Personally, I see "organized religion" as a negative. Just as America was given "a republic, if you can keep it" we were given the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Constitution and the New Testament can both be read as they are in their originality, but it seems that mankind will always corrupt and pervert anything it ever touches. I blame the decline of organized religion on organized religion and those who choose to capitalize upon it. And this is the very reason that NONE can ever be good enough on their own merit to be in the presence of God. The path is narrow and we've all heard his name.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by milespatton
I lost faith in churches a long time ago. That does not equate to losing faith in the gospels miles
Totally unbiblical. Jesus and the Apostles faithfully attended the Temple & synagogue until they couldn't. Then they worked to set up their own churches.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Totally unbiblical. Jesus and the Apostles faithfully attended the Temple & synagogue until they couldn't. Then they worked to set up their own churches.

I could not disagree more strongly. "The Church" is not a physical structure, nor is it something organized by man.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
If ya judge a tree by it’s fruit we all worship something.

I’ve never been a church goer since my Catholic youth so ain’t in a position to criticize.

But I do believe the values enunciated in the Ten Commandments are the basis for Western Civilization.

If you want to see a society even further down the path of destruction than we are look at the UK. That’s where we’re headed.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I could not disagree more strongly. "The Church" is not a physical structure, nor is it something organized by man.

Even I, who was brought up in the Roman Catholic tradition, an altar boy, and schooled by them for nearly 12 years, learned that somewhere along the line.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Even I, who was brought up in the Roman Catholic tradition, an altar boy, and schooled by them for nearly 12 years, learned that somewhere along the line

We are all called to worship at the alter. The alter is not at your house.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You're right. The "Church" is not a building but the NT is full of teaching for the gathering of Christians together. Pastors, elders, teachers are all a part of church organization of groups of people.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Even I, who was brought up in the Roman Catholic tradition, an altar boy, and schooled by them for nearly 12 years, learned that somewhere along the line

We are all called to worship at the alter. The alter is not at your house.

The whole world, made by the Creator, is my altar.

And I need no human telling me otherwise.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Christianity is inherently a community affair with the Body of Christ gathering to worship Christ and participate in the sacrament of The Lord's Supper. You cannot do that out in the World.

Another take on the subject is that if you, and millions like you, hadn't left The Church, it wouldn't be in the poor shape it is now.

Last edited by Tyrone; 04/03/21.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm not telling you, Christ is telling you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Of course, you believe the version you're reading was translated, after being written centuries after his life, is the correct one in every nuance?

I'm not here to argue the point with you. I had an event in my life many years ago that changed my life dramatically when I called out to the Creator. Many would call it a miracle. I have no need to go elsewhere for confirmation or reinforcement of my "saving" .

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Christianity is inherently a community affair with the Body of Christ gathering to worship Christ and participate in the sacrament of The Lord's Supper.

That may be catholic doctrine, but it is a misstatement of fact.

Don't be the darkness.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Christ tells me you're wrong.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Christianity is inherently a community affair with the Body of Christ gathering to worship Christ and participate in the sacrament of The Lord's Supper. You cannot do that out in the World.

Another take on the subject is that if you, and millions like you, hadn't left The Church, it wouldn't be in the poor shape it is now.

If you, and those like you, didn't act like this in Church millions wouldn't have left. Maybe then it wouldn't be in the poor shape it's in.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NH K9

If you, and those like you, didn't act like this in Church millions wouldn't have left. Maybe then it wouldn't be in the poor shape it's in.

Big +1.

I grew up going 3 times a week.

Last time I was in a church was for my grandmother's funeral several years ago. Prior to that was my dad's funeral, 16 years ago.

But I pray daily.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by NH K9

I don't think pointing this out will help them.

In it is contentment

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm fairly certain the last time I stepped foot in a church was '15 for my gram's funeral.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very interesting thread, and I only have few comments to make.

- Isn't freedom of religion great? I can believe what and how I want. If someone does not like it, they can stuff it.
- I too have lost any desire to part of man's organized religion. Had a couple of experiences growing up that turned me off. Things that have occurred since, have only validated that decision.
Not limited too, but for example, Priests abusing children.

Arcus Venator
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If entering into a building that is dedicated to the worship and teaching of God isn't for you that's your business but there's a few things I do question. How many missionaries have you supported? How do you expect the lost sinner that has not teaching in regard to the Bible to hear the truth if you've chosen to hide your light under a basket? How are we going to support the ongoing outreach through speaking, writing or otherwise? Do you tithe? There may be other questions I'm not arguing about church attendance but if everyone quit going who is carrying the torch? Are you?

I also want it to be known that my post isn't a defense of the Catholic church as some here have had a problem with. As far as I'm concerned they are not a Bible based doctrine and it's no wonder they have allowed what they have.

Last edited by Jim1611; 04/03/21.
Page 6 of 26 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,900 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.