I am MAGA.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

laugh

Ann Coulter:

Apparently, no one is watching the trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer on trial for the murder of George Floyd. Otherwise, the media couldn’t get away with their spectacular lying to the public about how the prosecution is killing it.

It’s quite the opposite. In fact, in less than a week, the prosecution’s theory of the crime has subtly shifted from MURDER! to “failed to provide what we would say, in retrospect, would be a full and complete duty of care during the one- to three-minute interval between Floyd’s resisting the police to his dying, as a hostile crowd screamed obscenities at the police officers.”

The defense hasn’t even begun to make its case, but the prosecution’s witnesses keep helping Chauvin. (The only exception to the wild media lying is Headline News, where the lawyer commentators go the extra mile by watching the trial.)

Week One was chock-a-block with weeping bystanders wailing about how they felt watching Chauvin restrain Floyd. This would be tremendous evidence if the charge against Officer Chauvin were “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” But that’s not the charge. That’s not even a crime.

One especially distraught witness, Charles McMillian, an elderly black man, testified to seeing “foam” coming out of Floyd’s mouth.

QUIZ: Is foam coming out of the mouth a sign of:

a) a head wound?

b) strangulation?

c) a drug overdose?

ANSWER: c) a drug overdose.

Apart from that crucial fact, McMillian’s evidence only pertained to “first-degree upsetting bystanders.” Which, again, is not a crime.

My favorite witness — and the media’s favorite, too! — was Genevieve Hansen, Feminist Hero. She appeared in court in her firefighter dress uniform and a belligerent mood — though not as belligerent as the day Floyd died, when she showed up in sweats and began shrieking at the officers.

The headlines are along the lines of “Firefighter: I Could Have Saved Floyd’s Life, But Police Wouldn’t Let Me.”

Yes, apparently, Genevieve would have invented a time machine, gone back, and stopped Floyd from ingesting three times the lethal dose of fentanyl. I take it back: Chubby girls make the best firefighters! (Don’t get snippy with me: It’s beyond outrageous that fire departments have abandoned all physical fitness requirements solely in order to hire more women.)

According to Genevieve, the police on the scene unaccountably refused to step aside and take direction from her, despite her full ONE YEAR of experience as a firefighter.

Genevieve was totally on top of the situation. In her statement to investigators shortly after the event, she described Floyd as a “small, slim man.” Floyd was at least 6-foot-4 and weighed 230 pounds. The largest police officer on the scene was Chauvin, coming in at 5-foot-9 and 140 pounds. Genevieve missed nothing!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No he will go to jail, momma s don't let your boys grow up to be police officers

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

You are the lawyer, I understand, but regardless of the facts — it’s apparent Floyd died of a triple fatal fentanyl overdose leading to heart failure and pulmonary edema — there will be tremendous pressure on the jury and the judge to do what’s “right”.

While a different scenario than the OJ Simpson trial, the same racism will be in play, though ultra heightened, plus the anticipated millions more lost in riots in LEO-depleted Minneapolis and perhaps elsewhere if they don’t convict of manslaughter minimally.

The pulmonologist was not paid for his testimony.

The police surgeon from Louisville who testified this pm about asphyxiation and how one dies from an opioid overdose (respiration slows down, they go into a stupor and basically go to sleep) was very effective for the State. Despite his really bad comb-over, he made a lot of sense. I initially thought that Mr. Floyd died from a fentanyl OD too. After listening to today's witnesses I'm seeing where it could have been asphyxia. The defense had better bring in a parade of experts refuting these Dr.'s testimony cause it was pretty damn convincing.

That guy was a joke. His testimony came from studying Floyd's behavior in video's of the incident. This is an MD who claims to have performed 100 autopsies and watch over 1000, yet he couldn't point to anything in Floyd's autopsy to support his position.

Yeah, but he wasn't paid!

He was paid. $300 or $350 an hour. The dude was a joke. He loved talking about himself.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Listening to the guy with the bad hair...so he see's all this on video, and its word.
Yet, there are what, four Police Officers right there in real time, but he knows better??

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
The Left wants chaos.
An acquittal will cause chaos

They wanted chaos when Trump was in office to help get rid of him. If this turns into chaos, it'll be THEIR people rioting on THEIR watch. Personally, I hope he walks and they burn down every schithole liberal city in the country. Or, the commies show their true tyrant colors and crack down on them because Trump is no longer in office and it's now on them, and then the manbun army turns on their own masters.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 673
Listening to the guy with the bad hair...so he see's all this on video, and its word.
Yet, there are what, four Police Officers right there in real time, but he knows better??

... and there's that pesky ME report.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bottom line is that even if they claim negligence, they can't prove intent to kill, and without that, there's no legal justification for murder. My guess is if they don't get murder, they riot.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Bottom line is that even if they claim negligence, they can't prove intent to kill, and without that, there's no legal justification for murder. My guess is if they don't get murder, they riot.

^^^^

I'm gonna be Babe Ruth and Broadway Joe here and call it in now.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 10at6
Originally Posted by deflave
I fail to see how this case would meet the standard for manslaughter.

How do think it will end up?

Acquittal.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

There will be riots (ir)regardless.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender

There will be riots (ir)regardless.

Let The Games begin.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Chauvin is not guilty and he will walk free.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
The Left wants chaos.
An acquittal will cause chaos

They wanted chaos when Trump was in office to help get rid of him. If this turns into chaos, it'll be THEIR people rioting on THEIR watch. Personally, I hope he walks and they burn down every schithole liberal city in the country. Or, the commies show their true tyrant colors and crack down on them because Trump is no longer in office and it's now on them, and then the manbun army turns on their own masters.

True, they used chaos to demonize Trump and to help get rid of him. But let’s not forget who “they” are really after, us.
We White, working class, gun toting, God fearing, church going, hard working, Support The Constitution Americans are still the Real Target and still the Real ENEMY.

The chaos was used not only to get rid of Trump, but to brand White America as Racist White Supremacists . That agenda is alive and well as is the very well funded BLM.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Haven't watched any of the trial so don't know any details, but the cynic in me thinks the prosecution could sit there and do the NY Times crossword puzzle for their case in chief, and the jury would still convict. The Judge and jury know full well that if that guy walks, the urbanites are going to riot all across the country, and the press will hound them to the ends of the earth.

No way in hell that guy gets a fair trial and unbiased verdict. That's my suspicion anyway.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have no idea how this particular jury will decide and it's way too early to predict. However, IMO, yesterday was a tough day for the defense, as the prosecution's witnesses were convincing (especially the pulmonologist - who was not paid). The cross examination did little to question their expertise. The State's Dr's testimony will have to be refuted by the defense presented experts (if they have them) and their level of expertise and credibility. What we don't know and can't predict is the ability of this jury to sort out the technical/medical issues and ignore the issues of public opinion and possible social consequences of their verdict. All I can try to do is watch and figure out how I would decide, trying to keep an open mind. Unfortunately I'll be away for much of the day today. Will record it and try to catch up over the weekend.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I have no idea how this particular jury will decide and it's way too early to predict. However, IMO, yesterday was a tough day for the defense, as the prosecution's witnesses were convincing (especially the pulmonologist - who was not paid). The cross examination did little to question their expertise. The State's Dr's testimony will have to be refuted by the defense presented experts (if they have them) and their level of expertise and credibility. What we don't know and can't predict is the ability of this jury to sort out the technical/medical issues and ignore the issues of public opinion and possible social consequences of their verdict. All I can try to do is watch and figure out how I would decide, trying to keep an open mind. Unfortunately I'll be away for much of the day today. Will record it and try to catch up over the weekend.

For your own sanity you may want to think about a different hobby

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Well, just so you know manslaughter is murder by negligence with no intent required. They are going to riot no matter the outcome.

The way life should be.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by blairvt

I'm retired and have lots of time on my hands. Too much maybe. In this time of activist "journalism" where everyone has an agenda and there is little objectivity, one needs to "do it yourself" when it comes to researching any major story. Because of the social implications of this case and the jury's decision, this is one case/story I've decided I want to educate myself about. The spin about this case is so much BS.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blairvt

I'm retired and have lots of time on my hands. Too much maybe. In this time of activist "journalism" where everyone has an agenda and there is little objectivity, one needs to "do it yourself" when it comes to researching any major story. Because of the social implications of this case and the jury's decision, this is one case/story I've decided I want to educate myself about. The spin about this case is so much BS.

I am also interested. Camera's aren't allowed in the Courtroom in Canada, so there is that, but I like the attention to detail and the submission of evidence.

Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 64 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.