Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by efw

Originally Posted by CRS

Once again, isn't freedom of religion great. You have a great outlook, unlike most.

Unlike most?

Has someone leveled a credible threat of violence against you?

I’d say the fact that you can say my belief in God is complete and utter non-sense and that you want nothing to do with fools who believe such superstition (not that you have... but that you can) without concern for your family, property, or life says a lot.

Do you agree?

Credible in who's mind?
In the mind of the believers, yes they threaten atheist with eternal torture during everyone one of these discussions.

So, you're walking in the woods and a pack of vicious pit bulls is coming up behind you at high speed, obviously intent on rendering your backside useless. Someone yells at you about them. Is that a threat or a warning?

You're going through life ignoring what Christians know to be true and hell's fires are getting hotter as you get older. Someone yells at you to take steps to avoid getting burned. Is that a threat or a warning?

A threat is saying I'm going to do something to you if you don't comply. A warning is telling you something that I have no control over is going to happen to you you don't takes steps to avoid it. There's a difference.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Getting back to the original subject of the thread, the decline in church attendance makes society as a whole more vulnerable to the wickedness of the devil.

Yes.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Most of the churches I’ve been around done work for or been associated with had to many chiefs and not enough Indians and there funds have been either embezzled or sent to places not of their choosing kind of like taxes and politics I’d just as soon go fishing or work in the garden on Sunday

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
When you're down, and out, we don't go to a bar, or a golf course for help.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by antlers
Is this:
Originally Posted by IZH27
No. Paul said that if it weren’t true I’d was foolish to follow. Stoicism is likely more sound as a code for living.
Your answer to this:
Do ‘you’ find any value in Christianity itself, apart from scripture...?
The whole post was an answer to your question.
Thanks for clarifying that you find no value in Christianity itself apart from scripture. You and I are very much in disagreement with each other regarding this matter. And that’s OK with me. Our disagreement doesn’t diminish the reality of Jesus or the Gospel in any way whatsoever.

The reason that I asked is that Paul makes a comment to the Corinthians that if our only Hope for Christ is in this world we are to be pitied above all men.

Since Christianity isn't a system or philosophy it isn't a code for living. Devoid of Christ Christianity is useless. Were there an absence of the God Who is there Christianity would fall far down on the list of ways to live life.

Now. I didn't say that "as a Christian" if find no value in the Faith apart from Scripture. I'm not asking questions with a hook in them. Not sure about your questions so I'll take them at face value.

You deny being a Mystic or Gnostic. As I have read your posts on these threads I find your position confusing at best. If I remember your posts you put no emphasis of importance on what is recorded in the 66 books. Do you hold that you have personal communication with God? If so, what is that like?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since Christianity isn't a system or philosophy it isn't a code for living.
I believe the movement that Jesus started is most definitely a way of living. I do ‘not’ believe the movement that Jesus started is a legalistic set of propositions, rules, or religious rituals.
As I have read your posts on these threads I find your position confusing at best.
Clearly. And that’s OK with me. Some find comfort within the confines of legalism. I’m not one of em’.
If I remember your posts you put no emphasis of importance on what is recorded in the 66 books.
Wrong. I just put ‘much more’ emphasis of importance on the resurrection of Jesus since it is the foundation of Christianity. The Bible isn’t.
Do you hold that you have personal communication with God?
Do ‘you’ not...?
If so, what is that like?
’You’ don’t know what personal communication with God is like...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
How did you discover Christ aside from scripture.
I learned about Jesus from my grandfather when I was a boy.

How did you test what your grandfather taught? How did you know if he was right or wrong?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ctsmith
How did you discover Christ aside from scripture.
I learned about Jesus from my grandfather when I was a boy.
How did you test what your grandfather taught? How did you know if he was right or wrong?
I was just a boy, you think I should have tested what my grandfather taught me then...? I was just a boy, you think I should have known if my grandfather was right or wrong then...?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Sigh,"I believe, help my unbelief"

He who healed the sick and cast out demons when He walked among men is the same
mighty Redeemer today. Faith comes by the Word of God, then grasp His promise:
"Him that cometh to Me, I will in no wise cast out." John 6:37

Cast yourself at His feet with the cry; "Lord; I believe, help Thou mine unbelief."
You can never perish when you do this -- never.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

I certainly do not. Nor do I know anyone who makes the claim.

Not even the most devout among my dearest family members have ever made the claim that they have heard God speak to them.

They all pray multiple times/day. But "communication" is inherently bidirectional.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

And He walks with me and he talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known

- T Whitson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I certainly do not. Nor do I know anyone who makes the claim. Not even the most devout among my dearest family members have ever made the claim that they have heard God speak to them. They all pray multiple times/day. But "communication" is inherently bidirectional.
Prayer is personal communication with God. Prayer is personal interaction with God. Communication and interaction are important in any relationship. And God can express Himself to us by any means He chooses...through nature, a sermon, experiences, even through other people. And guidance from the Holy Spirit is communication from God.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Can you provide examples of ways, times, means, messages that God has spoken to you?

I have many conversations related to religion with people throughout the year. Many people hold the view that you and p weed are sharing. I have yet to find sound answers from anyone regarding what this communication looks like and how it happens.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Springcove
Organized religion is to blame for this. All the scandals etc. Mix religion and money and it’s a downward spiral.

My faith is between me and God. I don’t need to go to church for reassurance like most.

Happy Easter to all.

Carry on...

This man has the answer.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can you provide examples of ways, times, means, messages that God has spoken to you?
I think I made it pretty clear just fine, previously:
Prayer is personal communication with God. Prayer is personal interaction with God. Communication and interaction are important in any relationship. And God can express Himself to us by any means He chooses...through nature, a sermon, experiences, even through other people. And guidance from the Holy Spirit is communication from God.
I have many conversations related to religion with people throughout the year. Many people hold the view that you and p weed are sharing.
Many people choose to have a living vibrant relationship with a living resurrected Savior. Some...such as yourself, apparently...choose not to. Some...such as yourself, apparently...choose the shackles and confines of legalism instead.
I have yet to find sound answers from anyone regarding what this communication looks like and how it happens.
Clearly. It’s telling (and sad) that someone/anyone who professes to be a Christian and has the very Spirit of God living within them that raised Jesus from the dead, but they have no personal communication with Him...! Jesus Himself promised that this Spirit would guide us and that we would be led by Him. We are not left on our own to wonder what God desires to communicate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do ‘you’ believe that God can speak to you separately, one on one today, rather than you just getting all of your answers from what He told somebody else 2000 years ago...?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’m trying to express to you that experience has informed me that there are a blue million ideas about how people communicate with God be they Christian or any other religion. Many people who identify as Christian “communicate with God “ in the same and or similar ways as non believers.

I am not asking for you to recount your view of how you believe that this happens. Neither am I saying that this doesn’t happen for you. I am asking for specific examples.

Considering the nature of religion, regional, family, ethnic and any other such influence, people often use the same words and concepts but with different understanding of the context and meaning. Examples of what one believes aids in the ability to actually understand what someone is saying. That is why I am asking you for specific context and example. Your answer is general enough to be a statement from a practitioner of quite a few religions.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/09/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m trying to express to you that experience has informed me that there are a blue million ideas about how people communicate with God be they Christian or any other religion. Many people who identify as Christian “communicate with God “ in the same and or similar ways as non believers.
OK. So what...? If it seems that way to you, then why do ‘you’ seem to struggle with that...?
I am not asking for you to recount your view of how you believe that this happens. Neither am I saying that this doesn’t happen for you. I am asking for specific examples.
Through prayer is a specific example. Through God’s creation is a specific example. Through a sermon is a specific example. Through life experiences is a specific example. Through other people is a specific example. Through guidance from the Holy Spirit is a specific example.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do ‘you’ believe that God can speak to you separately, one on one today, rather than you just getting all of your answers from what He told somebody else 2000 years ago...?
?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Springcove
Organized religion is to blame for this. All the scandals etc. Mix religion and money and it’s a downward spiral.

My faith is between me and God. I don’t need to go to church for reassurance like most.

Happy Easter to all.

Carry on...

This man has the answer.

sometimes I put on a religious show on tv for the fun of it.....it is disgusting what the preachers say and how they act

asking for money so they can upgrade their jets....you now so they can spread the gospel and not have to fly with demons and all that.....if there is a hell thats where they need to be.....

organized religion is the biggest scam going.......bob

Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 25 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,837
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.