Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Old_Toot]Endeavor to persevere.
Chief Dan George

You boys sure are civilized

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ever get to the point where not much matters?

Have never yet hit that spot, but easy enough to understand how it happens for some folks. Each among us seems to have our own form of yeast.

At times I try to analyze the key things that sustain the drive for life and the future in some others - and introspect. I have not much studied the cases of wilting. Maybe one should - but wait - do I wish to know about that?

Your OP has been a thought and response provoker - some good stuff. I have a feeling that you are good to go for quite a while.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Bunch of miserable fuqks on here...

Yeah, and you're the most miserablest.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce โ€œThe Devil's Dictionaryโ€

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I tested positive for Covid on 10-16-20, second day of Rifle elk season here. I was truly sick for a month ,which seemed strange as I thought I was so what healthy. After I got well enough, I went to have a lump on my neck checked out. From there things got real. the lump on my neck proved to be cancerous and into lymph nodes. I have had 2 major surgeries, two minor procedures and a completely awful day in a dentist chair since the beginning of November, I am also going for immunotherapy treatments every three weeks now for the next year. I have spent a month in my recliner recovering from neck surgery on two separate times, and more needles and tests than I would wish on an enemy. I have been slightly depressed by all the down time and just sick of being sick. Food ,entertainment and having fun seemed pointless. The cancer center I go has changed my view point. There are always someone in worse shape and going through worse than we are. Yes your wife had a heart attack and I pray for her, but she is still alive and able to continue. You had a stress and hydration bound event, but you are better. Focus on the good and the Blessings and have faith and hope. If you dwell on the bad, you might as well lay down in the yard and pull the sod up over your head. Prayers to you both to restore health and encouragement to move forward towards better things.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Bunch of miserable fuqks on here...

Yeah, and you're the most miserablest.

Awe, fuqk you...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Diesel you are suffering from depression. A dangerous situation.
I know exactly how you feel.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by wyoming260
I tested positive for Covid on 10-16-20, second day of Rifle elk season here. I was truly sick for a month ,which seemed strange as I thought I was so what healthy. After I got well enough, I went to have a lump on my neck checked out. From there things got real. the lump on my neck proved to be cancerous and into lymph nodes. I have had 2 major surgeries, two minor procedures and a completely awful day in a dentist chair since the beginning of November, I am also going for immunotherapy treatments every three weeks now for the next year. I have spent a month in my recliner recovering from neck surgery on two separate times, and more needles and tests than I would wish on an enemy. I have been slightly depressed by all the down time and just sick of being sick. Food ,entertainment and having fun seemed pointless. The cancer center I go has changed my view point. There are always someone in worse shape and going through worse than we are. Yes your wife had a heart attack and I pray for her, but she is still alive and able to continue. You had a stress and hydration bound event, but you are better. Focus on the good and the Blessings and have faith and hope. If you dwell on the bad, you might as well lay down in the yard and pull the sod up over your head. Prayers to you both to restore health and encouragement to move forward towards better things.

wyoming260 , Diesel ,

Hope things work out perfect for you/wife/family - prayers up .

When we get the rug yanked out from under our feet - we just have to rub our knees & butt - get up and stand on the rug again .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Diesel

On top of that I had a serious spell while sitting next to her in the hospital. Room started spinning, like 100mph, sweating like I was in a pouring rain, vomiting, could not stand up and kept my eyes closed because the spinning was so disorienting. As luck would have it, no better place for that to happen than a hospital. Two IVs bags of electrolytes later the spinning stopped and so did the sweats. Severe Dehydration? Vertigo? Gotta get checked out this week.

Get in front of a cardiologist NOW and get your azz on a treadmill for a nuclear stress test.

It could be an anxiety attack. But it could also be you are on the verge of a serious heart issue.

Those were exactly the symptoms that prompted me to get checked out. I relay this not to freak you out, but rather to get you into action.

Little over two years ago I was standing in living room waiting for the wife to get out of the spare room from her workout so I could start mine. Standing there with zero exertion, I suddenly got dizzy, and started profusely sweating from my head. As you said "like I was in a pouring rain".

I thought maybe I was getting sick. Took temperature, it was fine. Changed clothes, and when the wife finished up her workout, I told her what happened and we needed to go to urgent care. These are signs of an impending heart attack!

The sweating and dizziness subsided within 5 minutes or so, but I acted anyway.

Went in to urgent care, and only thing showing up was a low heart rate. Bradycardia. With that they called an ambulance, and took me to my hospital at UCLA.

I had multiple EKG's in the couple or so years before this incident, and during this incident. Chest X-rays. Ultrasound tests. Blood tests. NONE of them showed anything wrong until I got on that treadmill. What started a test with myself, 2 techs, and the wife in the room turned apparently bad in a hurry. Once I hit target heart rate, I knew something was wrong. When I stepped off treadmill there were about 8 people in the room with very concerned looks on their faces. Doc said "EKG was abnormal. I believe I know what this is. You have a blockage in your left anterior descending artery. We are now leaving this room to go into operating room, and we are going to perform an angioplasty, and attempt to insert a stent. If that doesn't work, we are taking you upstairs for bypass surgery."

I was blown away. What do you mean "taking me now"? What are the pros? What are the risks? Doc said "you don't understand, we are leaving NOW to do this. The risk is if you don't do this, you could drop from a major heart attack at any moment. The pros are you will live, and if something does happen during the angioplasty, you could not be in a better place to deal with it. It is time to go...now." Wife in tears, I'm in shock, we said our "I love you's", they wheeled me out, and not 5 minutes after I stepped off the treadmill, they had me on the table and were going into the artery in my arm.

My left anterior descending artery (the "widowmaker") was blocked 80% to 85%. I was a walking fatal coronary waiting to happen. And it showed up nowhere except during the stress EKG treadmill test.

I got lucky. Zero heart damage. Had an enlarged chamber (don't remember which one) but doc said that one could return to normal in time. It has going by latest tests. I've got the ejection fraction of an 18 year old.

Couple docs told me the two best decisions I ever made (and which saved my life) was that I had started taking a baby aspirin every day for about a month before that when I re-started my workout program. The other was to come in when I experienced those symptoms, which could have been easily written off as several other things were I to be in denial. Had I written them off as anxiety, a bug, or nothing, I surely would not be here now.

Get checked out. Get on the treadmill. Even if it has to come out of pocket.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a similar, but perhaps not so severe, incident a year or so ago. EKG, stress test, carotid ultrasound, and CAT scan were clean. Been rowing, dragging dead animals, and working hard in the yard before and ever since, but itโ€™s always kinda in the back of my mind. If it happens, I hope Iโ€™m having fun!

That stress test was my third. All concluded that I get tired and my heartbeat goes up when Iโ€™m driven like a mule by cardio techs. Duh!

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Diesel I'm sure sorry to hear that you're having so carry such a load right now and I hope it gets lighter for you. Faith in God has made a huge difference for me at times like you're having.

In reading through your thread I was thinking of people that have endured far more than me. One thought was of the men that flew those B25s of the deck of the USS Hornet with the mission to bomb Tokyo. They knew they may be flying the last mission of their lives but they we're not doing what they chose to do for themselves. They did it for their family, friends and people like us that they'd never know. Then the story of the little boy that was asked to give blood to his sister so she might live. During the process he asked the doctor when he would die. He was giving his blood thinking it would take his life.

I think it's good advice for you to get your hearty checked out. Might be that you're fine and just hearing that will give you hope. If you're not at least you're still alive to get help. Depression is serious stuff too. I've been there. Sticking to a good routine helps with that. Most of all for me is faith in God but I also have to do my part.

I remember about 4 years ago having some chest pains. My wife works in the hospital so I called her and told her I was going to be in the emergency room shortly. She rushed home and got me to take me there. They took good care if me and kept me overnight. The next morning after finding nothing wrong the doc suggested a stress test. My wife had already told me this doctor was one of the best. Well this test started, on the treadmill. He got my heart rate up to where it was supposed to be according to my age and all looked good. He asked if I could go more. I figured if I'm going to have a coronary it might as well be here so I told him yes. He finally shut id down and told me I might as well plan on something else to kill me. That was good news and I'm telling you after that I felt like I could whip and grizzly bear! My point is to find out if you're okay and if that's the case then fight with all you have and if you've got health issues fight with all you've got. Life matters and yours is precious!

Diesel Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
All good advice guys. And thanks.

Within the last few weeks and before this spinning and sweating episode, I had a full, in hospital, checkout.. Treadmill, EKG, ultrasound of heart, bloodwork...all of it. Great blood, heart, low cholesterol. Got a throat scope and have some issues there, but on meds for that.

So now I have an appointment to look at the possible reasons for the spell

The wife is home, feeling tired, mentally drained and fearful. We are being vigilant and careful. I can guess pretty close what she is thinking because I watched my Dad struggle with several heart attacks and how he dealt with it mentally. Knowing you are compromised has a toll on you. Some tough days ahead, I'm sure.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by slumlord
I ask a lot of lifeโ€™s questions while mowing. Mainly, why I am here?

Condom broke ? One to many strokes?

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Carpe diem.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by rem141r
and have a drink on me

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Glad someone got it!
LOL!!!

Age and lifetstyle dependent inside jokey, I figure. wink

Rockin! F u ck yeah.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by wyoming260

wyoming260 , Diesel ,

Hope things work out perfect for you/wife/family - prayers up .

When we get the rug yanked out from under our feet - we just have to rub our knees & butt - get up and stand on the rug again .

My prognosis is good , and I am about recovered from surgeries, Had a lateral neck dissection and a skin graf , so rehabbing use of left arm do to nerve damage. all fixable and I am ready to catch a few trout if the weather would cooperate for more than a day at a time!!!!!

Last edited by wyoming260; 04/12/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bronnie Ware is a nurse who spends most of her time with people during the last 12 weeks of their lives, she works in hospice in a specific context and has for many years. She began to ask these people specific questions and after awhile she began to see a pattern, and she started writing these things down. The top two regrets they had at the end of their lives:

1. I wish Iโ€™d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. She said this was the most common regret of all. When people realize their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most had not honored even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made.

2. I wish I hadnโ€™t worked so hard. She said this came from every male patient sheโ€™d cared for. They missed their childrenโ€™s youth and their partners companionship. All of the men she cared for deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Diesel Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Antlers, Interesting short list. The work treadmill is definitely a biggy for the average guy. Getting ahead of the necessities by doing a mundane task day in and day out is a spirit crusher.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 52 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.