Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
A Colt owner perspective: Smith & Wesson, one reason not to buy a Ruger. I like the SP101 but, every one I’ve seen was broken down.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Mack, is that paint on the front sight or did you have something milled into place?

It is just fingernail polish.

Now days I use some "Traffic Cone Orange" stuff I found on amazon.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Mackay, is that a piece of leather on the back frame?

Yep.

It makes long shooting sessions considerably more comfortable. I have many thousands of rounds through that J Frame, practicing, training, etc, including a fair bit of practice at the 50 yard line. The bad guys don't change their actions based on the guns you choose to wear, so being extremely proficient with whatever I was carrying at work was always extremely important to me.

I shot a lot of heavy loads though that gun and more than a few times, especially in the cold weather when my hands were dry, my skin would tear from the exposed backstrap due to my high grip and heavy loads.

I experimented with various things over the years, including pieces of EVA foam (which works even better, but is just slightly bulkier). The hockey tape gives it an extra grippy texture.

The gun may not be "pretty" but it has always been a working gun, and served me well for a very long time. A little rough around the edges now, but it certainly earned those marks. It is still a trusted companion. This last weekend I was on the road doing some tings and it was my BUG of choice, riding in my off-side front pocket as always.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Mack, is that paint on the front sight or did you have something milled into place?

It is just fingernail polish.

Now days I use some "Traffic Cone Orange" stuff I found on amazon.

I had done that in the past on one revolver... I just did a second one after putting on a white primer coat first. It makes the florescent yellow polish I used "pop" more. I got into hand guns through bullseye target shooting as a kid and then after I turned 21 and could get a purchase permit in the gulag of NY State all my deer hunting was with hand guns (no rifle season and the shotgun slugs back then were not accurate).

I didn't get a concealed carry permit until 10 years ago. I put a laser grip on my first 638 and could not believe how accurate that little gun was.... until the cylinder started to just slide off. The tab of metal on the frame was undersized. Gun shop exchanged it for a new on and it was no where near as accurate. Gun shop said S&W would say it met accuracy standards so I took a chance and traded it in at a loss for a 3rd 638. This one shoots as well as the first did and they cylinder stays on. My wife then decided it was "hers". grin

Please don't feed the trolls!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SMITH & WESSON 66-2 STAINLESS 2 1/2 IN BRL 357 MAG REVOLVER

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

IC B2

Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,462
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.