Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Etoh
Cholesterol is a very good anti-inflammatory by itself. All hormones are made from cholesterol in your body, and this is in part why returning to a fat diet, readjusts things. It provides the molecular basis for hormone synthesis missing in carb diets. Testosterone, estradiol, progesterone, and Vit D3
As mentioned it is the plaques, or Ca salt that cause the problem. Cortisol, made by the body, or hydrocortisone provides the basis for all of the cortisone group (dexa,beta. ex), which in addition contain some addition that prolongs the activity. The real reason is because the basic molecule could not be patented, so modifications were made that allows them to become "pharmaceuticals."

some fats contain cholesterol, but primarily the change stops the insidious allergic response caused by glucose specifically, not necessary poly saccharides (carbs). Additionally the medium chain fats , activates other metabolic rates, that shut down during a carb intake.

as a side note kidney stones can be either or both uric acid crystal and or oxalate. Oxalate is a free radical scavenger, and one of the best, and also helps regulate Ca

Thanks, Etoh.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
There is a lot of detailed information about cholesterol in this video that I haven't watched all the way through yet. I was surprised to find out that LDL cholesterol prevents the calcification of r arteries and does a lot of other really good things. I've had high cholesterol probably all my life but wasn't prescribed statin drugs until I was in my late 30's by a doctor who was convinced I would soon die of a heart attack. He also put me on the diet that is supposed to lower your cholesterol numbers. After a couple of years of trying this diet and different statin drugs (Lipitor was the worse) I quit because they made me so tired and weak. I went back to my old ways of eating like my Grandparents and working hard and have felt great ever since.

When I was in my 70's I decided to get in shape for one the Senior Olympic that year. I paid for a heart CT and for sonograms of my carotid arteries, my abdomen and legs. I told the young lady doing the carotid artery scan that my mother had a 98% blockage in her right carotid artery when was 65. When I got the results found that I had calcium deposits in my "widow maker" heart artery that was in the average range for my age and that I had some calcium deposits in my right carotid artery (surprise). I saw a Cardiologist for more tests that included a nuclear stress test. He wanted to prescribe a stain drug but I told him I wouldn't take them. He then prescribed lots of exercise. The next 3 carotid artery scans showed that: 1) my right carotid artery is clear but my left carotid artery has some blockage 2) neither carotid artery is blocked 3) neither carotid artery is blocked. I'm scheduled to get another carotid artery scan later this year.

I'm 78 now and have never had any physical symptoms of blocked arteries or heart disease. I may die of a heart attack tomorrow but I believe I'm still active and healthy because I refused to take statin drugs. I always believed that statin drugs was just a scam to make the drug companies richer. Now they also have very expensive shots to lower your cholesterol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_QdNX9etCg

Last edited by victoro; 04/13/21.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
the injection is Repatha , very expensive. once or twice a month- self administered. In the trade called Drano. will lower by 50%

One that hasn't been covered so far, is very effective and one form is on prescription. Fish oil 2000mg 3 times a day.

cholesterol type heart problems are usually some type of stroke, and if in the heart the blockage can stop blood flow and O2

usually atrial fibs. are more common. and the big killer. (pacemakers that kind of stuff)

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Tag

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Big Pharma pushes Lipitor.

Cause they didnt come out with Seafoam and dont wanta let the cat outta the bag about it's Cardiac benefits.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by victoro
There is a lot of detailed information about cholesterol in this video that I haven't watched all the way through yet. I was surprised to find out that LDL cholesterol prevents the calcification of r arteries and does a lot of other really good things. I've had high cholesterol probably all my life but wasn't prescribed statin drugs until I was in my late 30's by a doctor who was convinced I would soon die of a heart attack. He also put me on the diet that is supposed to lower your cholesterol numbers. After a couple of years of trying this diet and different statin drugs (Lipitor was the worse) I quit because they made me so tired and weak. I went back to my old ways of eating like my Grandparents and working hard and have felt great ever since.

When I was in my 70's I decided to get in shape for one the Senior Olympic that year. I paid for a heart CT and for sonograms of my carotid arteries, my abdomen and legs. I told the young lady doing the carotid artery scan that my mother had a 98% blockage in her right carotid artery when was 65. When I got the results found that I had calcium deposits in my "widow maker" heart artery that was in the average range for my age and that I had some calcium deposits in my right carotid artery (surprise). I saw a Cardiologist for more tests that included a nuclear stress test. He wanted to prescribe a stain drug but I told him I wouldn't take them. He then prescribed lots of exercise. The next 3 carotid artery scans showed that: 1) my right carotid artery is clear but my left carotid artery has some blockage 2) neither carotid artery is blocked 3) neither carotid artery is blocked. I'm scheduled to get another carotid artery scan later this year.

I'm 78 now and have never had any physical symptoms of blocked arteries or heart disease. I may die of a heart attack tomorrow but I believe I'm still active and healthy because I refused to take statin drugs. I always believed that statin drugs was just a scam to make the drug companies richer. Now they also have very expensive shots to lower your cholesterol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_QdNX9etCg

That's encouraging.
It's surprising how much better exercise and good nutrition work over drugs and surgery.
Recovery is MUCH faster too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

One that hasn't been covered so far, is very effective and one form is on prescription. Fish oil 2000mg 3 times a day.

I don’t take quite that much, but probably worth mentioning that it is also about as effective as Xanax as a mood stabilizer........

Most docs forget to mention that, as well. Fish oil contains some pretty essential stuff for the human body.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dutch
The strength part is something that keeps surprising me. There are certain objects on the farm that I pick up and move on a fairly regular basis. Today, at 56, I move them with much less effort than I did even 15 years ago. Even flexibility seems to be getting better, not worse.

The only meds I have to take is an anti coagulant due to a hereditary clotting issue, and I still supplement B12, at least until my gut heals enough to start absorbing it normally again (another thing the doc is confounded about, in that he wants to inject it every two weeks, but liver in the diet accomplishes the same thing, but I suppose he doesn’t have the liver concession.....).

You bet Dutch, same here, although now, you at 56, me at 58, we'll tear the crap out of our old selves now, went out and banged myself up pretty good, had a fusion at L4-L5? whatver they're called around '93, bout have the rest of my back worn out, still not going to quit, keep that liver running smooth with around 64 drams of scotch per night ; ]

i only need medicine if talking politics.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Beans, rice, potatoes as staples. Plenty of venison, pork, chicken, and fish, as well as free range chicken and duck eggs. Fresh fruits and vegetables. Almost nothing from a box or bag. Beer and tequila. I'm turning 50 this week and can work circles around my son and son in law.

As a pharmacist, I'm always trying to convince docs to stop prescribing so much crap and give patients the advice to know what and why they are taking what they are. Been years since I've had a single Tylenol and may take an ibuprofen twice a year.

Exercise your body and mind regularly and you won't need most of that crap.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
the injection is Repatha , very expensive. once or twice a month- self administered. In the trade called Drano. will lower by 50%

I was on Lipitor for maybe 10years.Got all the side effects mentioned. My cholesterol climbed to 280 in 3-4 years.No diets helped and I tried every one.If your body produces it, diets won' t help . I have some blockage and some hardening of the arteries around the heart and going into my lungs.My calcium score is elevated, and I fight high blood pressure. I have family history of anuerisms (sp) and strokes.Two months ago I started on the Repatha. First month cholesterol dropped to126 taking two injections per month which cost $505. At that cost, I would hit the Medicare doughnut in August, I so I have had to cut back to one injection per month. Next blood test is in May so I will see how that does

Being 78 vs 50 years old, is big change in your body chemistry and what works at 50 doesn't work in later years.I didn't take hardly any drugs back then. A lot of folks are in for big surprise.

Last edited by saddlesore; 04/14/21.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by saddlesore

I was on Lipitor for maybe 10years.Got all the side effects mentioned. My cholesterol climbed to 280 in 3-4 years.No diets helped and I tried every one.If your body produces it, diets won' t help . I have some blockage and some hardening of the arteries around the heart and going into my lungs.My calcium score is elevated, and I fight high blood pressure. I have family history of anuerisms (sp) and strokes.Two months ago I started on the Repatha. First month cholesterol dropped to126 taking two injections per month which cost $505. At that cost, I would hit the Medicare doughnut in August, I so I have had to cut back to one injection per month. Next blood test is in May so I will see how that does

Being 78 vs 50 years old, is big change in your body chemistry and what works at 50 doesn't work in later years.I didn't take hardly any drugs back then. A lot of folks are in for big surprise.

Did you try the PKD diet, or carnivore??

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"the injection is Repatha , very expensive. once or twice a month- self administered. In the trade called Drano. will lower by 50%"

Are you saying that Repatha will actually remove existing plaque and calcium from your arteries? My cardiologist doesn't even make that claim.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The plaque is the calcium ---- calcium cholesterol

A smart cardiologist doesn't make any claims.

Son in law is an electrophysiologist (read cardiologist/pacemater/ablation) says reversal of around 50% in first 3 months. Immediate flushing of LDL from liver and blood stream.

it does have a side effect profile, but nothing like the statins.

It stops the immune response that binds-- thereby the plaque is released.

Try explaining to a cardiologist why so many drugs release digitoxin, causing overdose, from their protein binding sites, and that is why its not used anymore -- and get back to me.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Didn't watch the clips so not sure if this was covered on them, and if not, its a bit off topic.

Its impossible to talk to about cholesterol, heart disease without including the effects of testosterone, estradiol and progesterone and the interactions they have.

Estradiol is cardioprotective, and something like 90000 women die in US from heart disease caused by low estrogen, Men convert testosterone to estradiol which gives them this cardio protection.

the estrogen that was given them was not bioidentical, it was from pregnant horse urine (Premarin) The WHI Womens Health Initiative was a failure. and the progesterone medroxyprogesterone not bio identical.

this does not happen when they are given estradiol and progesterone.

likewise in men injectable testosterone (ester analogs-not bio identical) will cause release of plaques and strokes and is contra-indicated in high cholesterol pts.

topical bio identical testosterone does not do this and is not contra-indicated.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had calcium build up in my heart from scan in 2014. Not so last scan two years ago.

I use vitamin K2, removes veinous calcium and distributes to bones. Even some doctors are starting to see this now.

Statins I cant take, give me huge leg pain issues.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very informative video

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They wanted me to take that years ago, I passed.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by hanco
They wanted me to start taking that cshit years ago. I passed.

Me too!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Tag

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Tag

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 33 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,702
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.