Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Of course, it will be overturned on appeal.

I wouldn't count on that.

His trials been AFU, for sure.

But, the courts will tell you you're only entitled to a "fair" trial.

Which some people believe means the rules gotta be followed, and if it was unfair, you get a new trial.

Not so.

"Fair trial" means halfway between very good and shtty.

IOW, average.

IOW, the trial that could be done, under the circumstances. And no appellate judge is gonna want to have ta do this thing again.

Which means that the judge's errors, due to the circumstances, like not sequestering the jury during the entire trial, so they can see the nightly rioting, can be explained away.

And Chauvin's lawyers errors don't count, since he lost.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I hold Mr.Denton's legal knowledge in the highest esteem.

But, I still think that officer will be convicted, just to keep the peace.

How ironic is that?

What do you think the possibility of a mid-trial is, Lt.?

No idea man. Things are way different up there. I've never seen a trial last more than a couple of days...ever for serial murderers, much less a doper dying in custody.

I’d think it hard to find an impartial jury member that hasn’t seen what happened and formed an opinion on it before the trial.

I think a mis-trial is a possibility with the trial being moved like was done with Gary Plauche in Louisiana years back. He wound up with a 10 year strict probation for what was an obvious premeditated murder. But,,,that was in Louisiana.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll be honest. The lesson here for law enforcement is to let them wander off into an alley and die. If that's not feasible, load 'em up and deliver them dead to the jail.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'll be honest. The lesson here for law enforcement is to let them wander off into an alley and die. If that's not feasible, load 'em up and deliver them dead to the jail.

Society is going to pay a very dear price for this concerted war on cops.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Which some people believe means the rules gotta be followed, and if it was unfair, you get a new trial.

Not so.

IOW, average.

IOW, the trial that could be done, under the circumstances. And no appellate judge is gonna want to have ta do this thing again.

Which means that the judge's errors, due to the circumstances, like not sequestering the jury during the entire trial, so they can see the nightly rioting, can be explained away.

This trial is so tainted from so many angles.

No such thing as a "fair trial" going to happen here.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Once again, glad I don't live in a liberal schithole. The fires will burn there again with typical leftist response.. do nothing. Except now it's on their watch, and they have to eat that, whether they like it or not. Won't matter, though. "Mostly peaceful".

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Whelenman
It all boils down to the fact that when you’re arrested get
In the cop car peacefully , and there would be a problem!
DUH!!

What it really all boils down to is this...........The Negro brain simply cannot understand that there are laws that people are supposed to follow, instead their brains are still being controlled by jungle DNA that has yet to make the jump from jungle to civilization.

This may be a popular theory for some here but there's PLENTY of white people running around in these riots acting like jungle animals too. It has nothing to do with it. It's all Democrat Party brainwashing. You can teach a monkey to play chess or smash things on the ground.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

*shrug*
So be it...........there's a reason I don't live in a liberal, urban hellhole.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think the defense will need to up it's game. Day 1 of presenting their case did not go well. The defense's use of force expert made lots of concessions and did some back-pedaling under cross examination. He came out strong, confident and definitive, but gave up ground to the prosecutors under cross. So, what the jury has heard to this point are statements that at some point the use of force was excessive and against Dept policy when Floyd stopped moving and that Chauvin continued his use of force even after another officer said there was no pulse. They have also heard that the cause of death was asphyxiation and not heart disease or a drug overdose. The defense has tried to put some doubt in the jury's heads but the jury has not heard anyone say that the cause of death was either or both of those conditions. I think they will need to hear some medical expert say and prove that one or the other or both are the cause of death. I doubt that they will put Chauvin on the stand but I'd like to hear from him why he kept his knee on Floyd's neck after he became unresponsive and was told he didn't have a pulse and why resuscitative measures were not started.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I think the defense will need to up it's game. Day 1 of presenting their case did not go well. The defense's use of force expert made lots of concessions and did some back-pedaling under cross examination. He came out strong, confident and definitive, but gave up ground to the prosecutors under cross. So, what the jury has heard to this point are statements that at some point the use of force was excessive and against Dept policy when Floyd stopped moving and that Chauvin continued his use of force even after another officer said there was no pulse. They have also heard that the cause of death was asphyxiation and not heart disease or a drug overdose. The defense has tried to put some doubt in the jury's heads but the jury has not heard anyone say that the cause of death was either or both of those conditions. I think they will need to hear some expert medical expert say and prove that one or the other or both are the cause of death. I doubt that they will put Chauvin on the stand but I'd like to hear from him why he kept his knee on Floyd's neck after he became unresponsive and was told he didn't have a pulse and why resuscitative measures were not started.

STFU already,

Your takes have been off target from the git.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I think any defense police practices or use of force expert has a tough row to hoe with Chauvin keeping the knee on after there is no pulse. I'll be interested to see if there is a defense medical expert. I presume there will be. Can't imagine them conceding that issue with so many questions as to what actually caused death. As far as Chauvin testifying, I guess it depends on their assessment of where they stand with the jury. Frankly, at this point, I'd like to hear what he has to say. Does he have anything to lose?

Tarquin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by add
I think the defense will need to up it's game. Day 1 of presenting their case did not go well. The defense's use of force expert made lots of concessions and did some back-pedaling under cross examination. He came out strong, confident and definitive, but gave up ground to the prosecutors under cross. So, what the jury has heard to this point are statements that at some point the use of force was excessive and against Dept policy when Floyd stopped moving and that Chauvin continued his use of force even after another officer said there was no pulse. They have also heard that the cause of death was asphyxiation and not heart disease or a drug overdose. The defense has tried to put some doubt in the jury's heads but the jury has not heard anyone say that the cause of death was either or both of those conditions. I think they will need to hear some expert medical expert say and prove that one or the other or both are the cause of death. I doubt that they will put Chauvin on the stand but I'd like to hear from him why he kept his knee on Floyd's neck after he became unresponsive and was told he didn't have a pulse and why resuscitative measures were not started.

STFU already,

Nope.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by add

STFU already,

Actually, his analysis has been quite good. The objective shouldn't be to parrot some party line, but to strive for objective commentary.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Has any expert witness been asked whether there was any bruising to the area where the knee was placed? Has there been any attempt to determine how much force Chauvin was actually applying with his knee?

Tarquin
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
I think any defense police practices or use of force expert has a tough row to hoe with Chauvin keeping the knee on after there is no pulse. I'll be interested to see if there is a defense medical expert. I presume there will be. Can't imagine them conceding that issue with so many questions as to what actually caused death. As far as Chauvin testifying, I guess it depends on their assessment of where they stand with the jury. Frankly, at this point, I'd like to hear what he has to say. Does he have anything to lose?

It may depend on how likable he comes across in person. After seeing the vid, he would need to be one charming mofo before I would put him on the stand.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

IF there ever was a no brainier appeal, if found guilty, for change of venue, sequestering the jury who live in ground zero, this surely meets the requirements.

Originally Posted by Fubarski

Not so.

IOW, average.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The Dynamic Duo.

"Salmon, ID" and Upstate NY.

Together at last!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think the defense will need to up it's game. Day 1 of presenting their case did not go well. The defense's use of force expert made lots of concessions and did some back-pedaling under cross examination. He came out strong, confident and definitive, but gave up ground to the prosecutors under cross. So, what the jury has heard to this point are statements that at some point the use of force was excessive and against Dept policy when Floyd stopped moving and that Chauvin continued his use of force even after another officer said there was no pulse. They have also heard that the cause of death was asphyxiation and not heart disease or a drug overdose. The defense has tried to put some doubt in the jury's heads but the jury has not heard anyone say that the cause of death was either or both of those conditions. I think they will need to hear some medical expert say and prove that one or the other or both are the cause of death. I doubt that they will put Chauvin on the stand but I'd like to hear from him why he kept his knee on Floyd's neck after he became unresponsive and was told he didn't have a pulse and why resuscitative measures were not started.

That's not what I saw/think.
Its hard to know what the jury thinks but, some of the States witnesses have been fake and coached in their testimony.
That is to be expected I suppose, but its pretty corny.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Has any expert witness been asked whether there was any bruising to the area where the knee was placed? Has there been any attempt to determine how much force Chauvin was actually applying with his knee?

if you bothered to read the autopsy, there were no marks, abrasions or bruising on the body. Pretty funny for a libtrud like you who claimed to be a legal expert and initially called it cold blooded murder. No one is buying your fake outrage now lmao

Last edited by ribka; 04/13/21.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Yes they were asked....answer...no bruising.

Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,401 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.