Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Looking forward to hearing from a defense medical expert.

Tarquin

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Has any expert witness been asked whether there was any bruising to the area where the knee was placed? Has there been any attempt to determine how much force Chauvin was actually applying with his knee?

if you bothered to read the autopsy, there were no marks, abrasions or bruising on the body. Pretty funny for a libtrud like you who claimed to be a legal expert and initially called it cold blooded murder. No one is buying your fake outrage now lmao

I'm not outraged...dummy. Never said I was a legal expert and regardless, people can change their mind, can't they? Love the childish name-calling though! You're really impressing the retard crowd. laugh

Last edited by Tarquin; 04/13/21.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looking forward to hearing from a defense medical expert.

That will be entertaining to say the least.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Has any expert witness been asked whether there was any bruising to the area where the knee was placed? Has there been any attempt to determine how much force Chauvin was actually applying with his knee?

Yes, it was addressed. The ME did not find any bruising on or near the neck or his back. The medical experts who were asked about that said that the absence of bruising is not unusual for a gradual application of pressure as opposed to a blow.

I've watched most of the trial and I have not heard much about any calculations of the amount of force applied. They did show one photo of Chauvin's foot off the ground indicating that all the weight on that side of his body was on Floyd's neck for a short period of time. Of course, we all know weight can shift and I did see in one of the videos where Chauvin lifted his knee off his neck for a very brief period of time.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not to hijack the thread, but this Wright shooting is getting interesting. The MSM is pushing hard to deny the obvious fact it was an accidental shooting. I mean, you don't yell "taser, taser, taser" if you actually believe you have unholstered and are about to shoot your sidearm. And then she exclaims afterwards "Oh My God! I shot him!" Clearly, clearly accidental, but the MSM will want her head on a platter too. And as others have pointed out, all Wright had to do was obey lawful orders....

Last edited by Tarquin; 04/13/21.

Tarquin
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

if you bothered to read the autopsy, there were no marks, abrasions or bruising on the body. Pretty funny for a libtrud like you who claimed to be a legal expert and initially called it cold blooded murder. No one is buying your fake outrage now lmao

There was no bruising in the area of his neck but there were abrasions to his face, supposedly from being in contact with the asphalt and a few other abrasions/marks on other parts of his body that showed up as very dark spots. The ME went over that ground. There was no bruising on his back, shoulder or neck.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not to hijack the thread, but this Wright shooting is getting interesting. The MSM is pushing hard to deny the obvious fact it was an accidental shooting. I mean, you don't yell "taser, taser, taser" if you actually believe you have unholstered and are about to shoot your sidearm. And then she exclaims afterwards "Oh My God! I shot him!" Clearly, clearly accidental, but the MSM will want her head on a platter too. And as others have pointed out, all Wright had to do was obey lawful orders....

At this time, I think there needs to be PSAs or training given in school by resource officers as to how to behave when you are placed under arrest. Resistance is futile. You is not going to talk an officer into un-arresting (is that a word) you and you are not likely to win in a struggle. Put your hands behind your back, get in the car and keep your mouth shut except to say - - "lawyer".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So, no signs of a struggle with police?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by cooper57m

At this time, I think there needs to be PSAs or training given in school by resource officers as to how to behave when you are placed under arrest. Resistance is futile. You is not going to talk an officer into un-arresting (is that a word) you and you are not likely to win in a struggle. Put your hands behind your back, get in the car and keep your mouth shut except to say - - "lawyer".

You'd think people would learn. Pretty amazing that they haven't.

Tarquin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The State's 'dream team' of prosecutors have buried the defense in 51,000 disclosures. It sounds like 8,000 of them, which might be used to impeach the defense's witnesses tomorrow, were delivered in the last 24 hours.

It seems quite unreasonable, not to mention uncustomary, that the State should expend such exhaustive resources toward the prosecution of a singular citizen who's spent his life as a rank and file municipal police officer. This is particularly true as the defendant's not been accused of being a billionaire or even millionaire criminal mastermind. Expecting that a regular citizen of ordinary means would be able to mount a defense against this State sponsored "dream team", is well beyond unduly burdensome.

Further, arguments claiming that because special prosecutors like Steven Schleichter are working pro bono and therefore don't count toward the State's cost, fail to recognize the priceless nature of the political capital earned from such appointments.

That said, the prosecution's obvious means are only overshadowed by condescension and arrogance as they befuddle jurors in endless technically tedious equivocal shell games.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Maybe they are alienating jurors with their antics. They've definitely pulled out all the stops for Chauvin, but I question the defense attorney's heart in all this. Not seeing a lot of fight from him.

Tarquin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I'm not outraged...dummy. Never said I was a legal expert and regardless, people can change their mind, can't they? Love the childish name-calling though! You're really impressing the retard crowd. laugh

Not a legal expert??

This psyche doc seems to think so. It's an interesting video. Don't agree with all his analysis, but he makes some interesting points. IMHO, how did this guy ever pass his agency's psyche eval? The impression is left that the Minneapolis PD is very poorly trained and has very low standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gkz5pCKrwk

Here it is again:

2019 Minnesota Statutes

Murder
609.195 MURDER IN THE THIRD DEGREE.
(a) Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

There is no "intent to kill" requirement under the Minnesota statute. Whether or not he intended to kill is irrelevant.

They already have the preliminary autopsy and the DA would not have filed if he did not think the final report would confirm causation, even with drugs/alcohol on board. The DA (or his charging deputy or investigator) were present for the autopsy and have spoken personally with the forensic pathologist.

You are, without question, one of the most ignorant, ill-informed and bigoted people on this forum. You literally do not have a clue how jury trials are conducted---and OJ was an aberration. I accept your concession that you are incapable of answering my challenge.

Nonsense. The report is generated by a forensic pathologist who knows she will be subject to cross-examination and intense professional scrutiny. Additionally, her reputation and future utility as an expert witness will be at stake. She will make her conclusion as empirically valid as possible.

No, but when evidence of a medical emergency manifests, you ignore it at your peril, especially when you are kneeling on the back of his neck and camera's are rolling. The officer has a duty to safeguard the health of his arrestee and kneeling on the back of his neck while he is possibly having a medical emergency is arguably a dereliction of that duty.

You want me to cite the case law on this issue? How about the expert opinion of Police Practices Expert Dr. Ron Martinelli (formerly on retainer to Jeff Sessions defending excessive use of force allegations against federal LEOs)?

Right now every cracker in the US is in danger of assault by blacks in their community.

What's new.

And almost on cue, the racist "Christian" pretender rears his ugly head....

Last edited by ribka; 04/13/21.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You're obsession with me is quite comical. The Minnesota statute is what it is. What primarily changed my mind was the emergence of a very obvious political agenda to convict Chauvin of the most serious possible crime and to shade the evidence in favor of conviction regardless. I gave the prosecution too much benefit of the doubt on their ethics. They're all in on making an example out of him.

Tarquin
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I am a simpleton and a fraud, just check my posting history.

+ 1

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Right or wrong, the only place chauvin is walkin is straight to the pen... they’ll keep him in pc, but some big buck will get ahold of him, then it will be over.... there’s really no other outcome.

I will say, any law enforcement career is probably the worst decision a human could make, from now til this country finally fails. Bank on it. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Addendum; I agree he should walk, and they “used” to teach the leg on the neck technique for the last 22 years I’ve been in the business... got my yearly “defensive tactics “ training next week, I suspect it won’t be used..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I won't make up my mind until after closing arguments. There's still more testimony to be given. The prosecution's witnesses have stated that, in their expert opinion, Mr. Floyd would be alive today had Officer Chauvin not retrained him as he did, for as long as he did. The defense better have expert witnesses to testify that Mr. Floyd would be alive today if he hadn't ingested what he did. They need to show or present testimony that an otherwise normal and healthy person would be expected to survive that type of restraint for that length of time.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
ME report showed no evidence of contusion or any obstruction to the airway or artery in the decedent's neck resulting from applied pressure. Further, stating one can't breathe is impossible if one cannot breathe but is known to be uttered by those in the throes of an overdose, like the decedent appeared to have been.

Another bs show trial. He should walk.

The way life should be.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

IF there ever was a no brainier appeal, if found guilty, for change of venue, sequestering the jury who live in ground zero, this surely meets the requirements.

Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Of course, it will be overturned on appeal.

I wouldn't count on that.

His trials been AFU, for sure.

But, the courts will tell you you're only entitled to a "fair" trial.

Which some people believe means the rules gotta be followed, and if it was unfair, you get a new trial.

Not so.

"Fair trial" means halfway between very good and shtty.

IOW, average.

IOW, the trial that could be done, under the circumstances. And no appellate judge is gonna want to have ta do this thing again.

Which means that the judge's errors, due to the circumstances, like not sequestering the jury during the entire trial, so they can see the nightly rioting, can be explained away.

And Chauvin's lawyers errors don't count, since he lost.

If a change of venue were to be granted, where might that be?

This story is world wide, every news organization, blog, forum and social media outlet in the country not only played the videos, they condemned his and demanded his head on a platter. Not to mention what our politicians did to politicize this for their own gain.

Yes, MN has its fare share of idiots, liberal idiots run amuck in The Cities, but is there really any place in America where he could get a fare trial?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not to hijack the thread, but this Wright shooting is getting interesting. And as others have pointed out, all Wright had to do was obey lawful orders....

Can we assume you have the same opinion about George Floyd.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 56 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.