-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Walking around the USAF museum in Dayton OH. I was in transit on my last set of PCS orders from NAS Whidbey to NAF Andrews. They came up and announced the verdict. I'd been living with no TV for 3 years and really had no clue, nor desire, to know much about the trial.

Last edited by Pugs; 04/14/21.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, working on the Hurricane Marilyn environmental clean-up. Came back to the hotel to grab a beer and lay down for a couple hours before I had to start my second shift of the day. Saw the whole verdict live!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Van Leunan's was a discount department store chain in Cincinnati. They started a spinoff outdoor store, All Outdoors, that had a few locations around town. It had been the closest of its kind to me for about a decade or so. One was close by work, and I'd go there on my lunch hour. All Outdoors was in the process of liquidating, and I was trolling through for some last-minute bargains when the verdict came down. The staff had it on the TV up by the counter.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't even remember what year that was.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Same place I’m at right now, at work. I have freeloaders to support.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
F&I manager in the car biz on the White Bear Ave. dealership strip.. SO glad I'm not in that any longer...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont remember where I was when he got aquitted but I do remember I was at the bar waiting for a table at a Carrabas Italian Grill in Fort Myers FL during the white Bronco chase. At least thats what I remember. Long time ago.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
OJ spent a million, literally, to hire a law firm that specialized in jury selections. They carefully researched every person in the jury pool and used peremption to get someone on the jury who they knew would never vote to convict. It worked. They got a black woman on it who wouldn't have convicted him even if she'd personally witnessed the killing. He bought his way free.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Hired top lawyers and the prosecution dimwits were no match. I guess it’s not a crime to off a mudshark and heeb boy toy. I was sitting in a bar at Pearl Harbor watching the slow-fast road chase. The whole thing was a goat rodeo from the beginning.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
at school...study hall, I remember they let us go to the library and watching it on the big screen

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A juror admitted the verdict was all about payback.

Maher sucks but isn't wrong about this.

https://www.thewrap.com/oj-simpson-juror-not-guilty-verdict-was-payback-for-rodney-king/

Proud NRA Life Member
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I was the Command Duty Officer of one of the Naval Stations in Virginia Beach and I was floored when I looked around and every single black person cheered and every single white person was like how the hell did he get away with that? LOL.

Same with me and the office I was managing. I said it the and continue to say it: Just like each one of us, OJ will still have to face the ultimate Judge and jury one day. And he won’t have the benefit of a sub-par judge and a star struck jury with a collective IQ of 6.

Last edited by Godogs57; 04/14/21.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I was at home thanking God for answering my prayers.

I love OJ.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I was a young engineer about to fly out to a project, so I was sitting in the Salt Lake City airport. There were several overhead monitors on CNN when the verdict was announced. A collective gasp went up from everyone, except for the blacks! They were cheering, laughing, slapping each other on the back and a couple were even dancing. I was shocked. They taught me a powerful lesson that day; one never to be forgotten!

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 04/14/21.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Taxiing for takeoff at College Station Texas airport in one of my favorite business jets ever(Learjet 25), when the air traffic controller uttered the words “NOT GUILTY!” over the radio. I about ran off the taxiway. Myself and the other pilot had been following the trial pretty closely and like others, we were shocked.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was selling stone and working my azz off. It was clear to me that the SOB was guilty, but I knew that he'd get off simply because of Rodney King and he was an icon of the black folk and very rich. The trial was a schit show and a circus. It should have never been on TV. I wasn't surprised at all even though EVERYBODY knew he was guilty, even the black folk. If they had convicted him, they would have burned LA to the ground and they didn't want that to happen. He'll burn in Hell.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Who planted that glove, man I don’t care
I’m too busy running fingers through ya mama’s hair

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was at home in Los Angeles, watching on teevee. I had watched all the trial and was not surprised at all. I thought from the moment the trial was moved from Beverly Hills, where the murder occurred, to "downtown," that there was no way he'd be convicted. When the jury was selected, that reinforced my opinion.

Plus, the two prosecuting attorneys were incompetent to begin with. A total farce.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I was at home in Los Angeles, watching on teevee. I had watched all the trial and was not surprised at all. I thought from the moment the trial was moved from Beverly Hills, where the murder occurred, to "downtown," that there was no way he'd be convicted. When the jury was selected, that reinforced my opinion.

Plus, the two prosecuting attorneys were incompetent to begin with. A total farce.

L.W.

Clark clearly walked into a gunfight unarmed....

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hanging doors on a project in Bass Lake California. Music radio station I was listening to broke in to announce the verdict. Wasn't surprised in the least..

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,567
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.