-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't really matter. It's gonna depend on 12 people who don't have an opinion on anything and the threats the State make to them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

Do you not understand Graham vs Connor?

When does that get brought up? Closing arguments?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by mathman
What's the over/under on the resulting chimpout level?

If Chauvin walks....."Category five is about to arrive".

It'll happen either way.

Now or next time. Or both.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by mathman
What's the over/under on the resulting chimpout level?

If Chauvin walks....."Category five is about to arrive".

It'll happen either way.

Now or next time. Or both.

If it does, blacks will have badly overplayed their hand.

MM

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Today we got the defense's forensic pathologist's testimony who offered his conclusion that Mr. Floyd's heath condition and the drugs he consumed along with his proximity to the squad car's exhaust (whereby carbon monoxide can also reduce the availability of O2 in his blood) were the cause of death - a cardiac arrhythmia . Now, the jury has some testimony that contradicts the official cause of death on the death certificate. This testimony can induce reasonable doubt in a juror. It's now up to some lay jurors to evaluate differing medical & scientific data and analysis and determine which one is true. Absent being able to do that, we have reasonable doubt as to cause of death. Furthermore, the defense's pathologist ruled out asphyxia as a cause of death citing studies which were previously discussed and discounted by the State's ME. The defense's pathologist stated that the neck restraint did not interfere with any vital function and he calculated the force/weight imparted by Officer Chauvin was significantly less than his 140 lb weight (not including police equipment). The defense's pathologist also stated that bruising should have been seen if there were 50 lbs of force from a bony knee or shin on soft tissue and there was none.

The defense's pathologist would have classified the nature of death on the death certificate as "undetermined" because there were several factors at play: natural causes (heart issues), accidental (drugs), proximity of his restraint to a carbon monoxide source and whatever factor the restraint might have played are classified as a homicide. When multiple possible causes or contributing factors are at play the proper classification per guidance is "undetermined".

All in all a very good morning for the defense and the testimony they needed to inject reasonable doubt into the jury.

The cross examination this afternoon was aggressive and tried to muddy the waters of this morning's testimony but was mostly ineffective IMO. They didn't cut into any significant credibility with the exception of his testimony regarding the influence of carbon monoxide. Since the State's ME did not test for CO in Mr. Floyd's blood, there was no proof of CO involvement and the defense's pathologist did no study of how much CO would have been present in Mr. Floyd's proximity. If the car was running there is no doubt that some CO was present and any amount of CO exposure would have reduced the availability of of Oxygen in the blood. The question is to what degree.

The defense's re-direct to the prosecution's cross was effective and IMO minimized and marginalized the prosecution's points made in their cross examination.

Only Tarquin finds your analysis interesting, relevant, or compelling. You might want to think about that.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Such a shame. Officer Chauvin would have been better off shooting that guy in the head when he first resisted rather than trying to save his life.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Today we got the defense's forensic pathologist's testimony who offered his conclusion that Mr. Floyd's heath condition and the drugs he consumed along with his proximity to the squad car's exhaust (whereby carbon monoxide can also reduce the availability of O2 in his blood) were the cause of death - a cardiac arrhythmia . Now, the jury has some testimony that contradicts the official cause of death on the death certificate. This testimony can induce reasonable doubt in a juror. It's now up to some lay jurors to evaluate differing medical & scientific data and analysis and determine which one is true. Absent being able to do that, we have reasonable doubt as to cause of death. Furthermore, the defense's pathologist ruled out asphyxia as a cause of death citing studies which were previously discussed and discounted by the State's ME. The defense's pathologist stated that the neck restraint did not interfere with any vital function and he calculated the force/weight imparted by Officer Chauvin was significantly less than his 140 lb weight (not including police equipment). The defense's pathologist also stated that bruising should have been seen if there were 50 lbs of force from a bony knee or shin on soft tissue and there was none.

The defense's pathologist would have classified the nature of death on the death certificate as "undetermined" because there were several factors at play: natural causes (heart issues), accidental (drugs), proximity of his restraint to a carbon monoxide source and whatever factor the restraint might have played are classified as a homicide. When multiple possible causes or contributing factors are at play the proper classification per guidance is "undetermined".

All in all a very good morning for the defense and the testimony they needed to inject reasonable doubt into the jury.

The cross examination this afternoon was aggressive and tried to muddy the waters of this morning's testimony but was mostly ineffective IMO. They didn't cut into any significant credibility with the exception of his testimony regarding the influence of carbon monoxide. Since the State's ME did not test for CO in Mr. Floyd's blood, there was no proof of CO involvement and the defense's pathologist did no study of how much CO would have been present in Mr. Floyd's proximity. If the car was running there is no doubt that some CO was present and any amount of CO exposure would have reduced the availability of of Oxygen in the blood. The question is to what degree.

The defense's re-direct to the prosecution's cross was effective and IMO minimized and marginalized the prosecution's points made in their cross examination.

Thanks for that summary. The judge is screwing over the defense. A full week of testimony from people about how watching Floyd die made them "feel". Completely irrelevant. Reinstates a dubious 3rd-degree murder charge. Also, the defense use of force expert seemed pretty weak to me. Not focused in his testimony and it was very tentative and diluted.

Last edited by Tarquin; 04/14/21.

Tarquin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Lots of speculation, assumption, mind reading, misunderstanding and just plain ignorant (as in lack of actually knowing the law) statements made in this thread. Some of you would be better served researching what the law actually is before you make statements. Then again, this is the internet and everyone is an expert.

The Law, oh please, this so called prosecution has nothing to do with the law. It’s all Agenda Driven politics, no different than the Persecution of General Flynn and Roger Stone,

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I won't make up my mind until after closing arguments. There's still more testimony to be given. The prosecution's witnesses have stated that, in their expert opinion, Mr. Floyd would be alive today had Officer Chauvin not retrained him as he did, for as long as he did. The defense better have expert witnesses to testify that Mr. Floyd would be alive today if he hadn't ingested what he did. They need to show or present testimony that an otherwise normal and healthy person would be expected to survive that type of restraint for that length of time.

Reasonable doubt. In my mind it seems pretty easy to create reasonable doubt. As a prosecutor, I'd straight up ask every medical witness if they are 100% certain that Chauvin's method of restraint was the cause of death. It's really hard to arrive at that degree of certainty when he had a lethal dose of fentanyl in his system and some other serious medical defects.

If the court would permit, I'd have the restraint technique demonstrated for a full 10 minutes during the trial. Chauvin may have weighed 165 dressed out.

For me the pivotal issue is, and has been, the standard of care Chauvin exercised. When you seize a person you have to provide a "reasonable" standard of care. I am not sure the continued application of the restraint as the life slowly passed from Floyd's body was reasonable. Without the weight on Floyd's chest, would his compromised lungs have been able to fully expand and draw in enough air to sustain life? I'd want a medical expert to address that. As I understand it, the restraint Chauvin used does not cause either blood or oxygen deprivation. If Chauvin had relaxed the restraint as Floyd became compliant, would Floyd have been able to draw full breaths? I haven't heard anyone else exploring the weight on the chest aspect. Maybe I am out in the weeds on this.

Yawn.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Lots of speculation, assumption, mind reading, misunderstanding and just plain ignorant (as in lack of actually knowing the law) statements made in this thread. Some of you would be better served researching what the law actually is before you make statements. Then again, this is the internet and everyone is an expert.

The Law, oh please, this so called prosecution has nothing to do with the law. It’s all Agenda Driven politics, no different than the Persecution of General Flynn and Roger Stone,

I wasn’t talking about the Prosecutions knowledge of the law. Try to keep up, Corky

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I thought the CO bit was mostly bullshit.

He died because of drugs, a bad heart, struggling with police, and adrenaline. The defense showed a clip of Floyd repeatedly saying he couldn't breathe well before Chauvin even arrived on the scene. That to me, says it all.

This^^^^^

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yawn.

It's pretty obvious that you don't.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I thought the CO bit was mostly bullshit.

He died because of drugs, a bad heart, struggling with police, and adrenaline. The defense showed a clip of Floyd repeatedly saying he couldn't breathe well before Chauvin even arrived on the scene. That to me, says it all.

Of course it's bullschit.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
When?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ironbender

When does that get brought up? Closing arguments?

It may never get brought up.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ironbender
When?

When what?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Does it need to be? Why wouldn’t it be? Seems on point, IMO.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
CO intoxication might explain any accused/perceived lapses in judgment of anyone else who was near the exhaust for an extended period of time.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Yawn.

It's pretty obvious that you don't.

Yawn

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Chauvin was in a fight for his life with a very large, strong, and violent career criminal jacked up on a variety of drugs.
Politicians want Chauvin tried in the court on CNN and MSNBC.
Blacks make the likes of Floyd, Martin,etc their heros.
So sad.........
I hope Chauvin walks.

Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (204guy, 16gage, 1234, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 47 invisible), 2,283 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,078
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.