Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Swedes aren't Scandinavians? :-)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
What does Lapua look like?

In the cartridges I've seen, this:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Note the ring around the primer pocket. No, they're not mine.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

In English usage, Scandinavia can refer to Denmark, Norway and Sweden, sometimes more narrowly to the Scandinavian Peninsula, or more broadly to include the Åland Islands, the Faroe Islands, Finland and Iceland.

I don't know how much I trust the intellectuals at Wikipedia

Good luck and shoot straight y'all .

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by pathfinder76
What does Lapua look like?

In the cartridges I've seen, this:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Note the ring around the primer pocket. No, they're not mine.

That ring is a crimp. Ran across some Hornady 308 match brass that has the same.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, it's not a crimp. Comes right out of the box as components with it. Do I need to go take a picture?

Last edited by Whttail_in_MT; 04/20/21.
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Wikepedia aside, Scandinavia is indeed considered a region, due to the similarity of languages in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, and many other cultural similarities Plus, Norway and Sweden have a long history of connections, including being ruled by one king not all that long ago--and 500 years ago Denmark, Norway and Sweden were all ruled by one king.

Norway and Sweden also co-developed the 6.5x55 "Swedish," but used the cartridge in different rifles, the Swedes various Mausers (the reason it's often called the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser cartridge) and the Norwegians the Krag-Jorgensen, developed in Norway. Though (perhaps not so oddly) the first country adopt the Krag-Jorgensen rifle as their military rifle was Denmark--and the last was Norway--after the U.S. adopted "the Krag" in the early 1890s.

Finland does not share the same basic language as the other Scandinavian countries, though it does essentially form another "wing" of the Norway/Sweden peninsula. Iceland was primarily settled by Norwegians, after originally being settled by Gaelics, so it's cultural and language roots are primarily Norwegian..

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I have no idea where Barnes VOR-TX ammo is produced. I do have a couple of boxes of VOR-TX 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition--which does not say where it was made. The only info on the box says it's copyrighted in 2017 by "Barnes Bullets, LLC. P.O.B. 620, Mona Utah." However, copyright had nothing to do with where it's made. (Interestingly, the small print on the box is both in English and French, perhaps to make it easier to sell in Canada--or at least Quebec. As far as I can ascertain, lead-free bullets are not required there--or in France itself--except perhaps in certain areas.)

Barnes was acquired by Remington in 2009, so we might suspect my ammo was made by Remington--or at the least, Remington supplied the Barnes headstamped brass to be loaded in Utah. But Remington's ammo plant in Lonoke, Arkansas was sold to Vista Outdoors last year--a conglomerate that owns many shooting-product companies, including Alliant Powder, CCI, Speer, Butler Creek, Weaver, etc. The Arkansas ammo plant is now back up and running again, but Barnes Bullets was sold to Sierra Bullets, so is no longer part of Remington.

who got Lefever?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No, it's not a crimp. Comes right out of the box as components with it. Do I need to go take a picture?

The picture you took was not of a "component." The picture you took appeared to me to be fired factory rounds.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Craigster

The picture you took was not of a "component." The picture you took appeared to me to be fired factory rounds.

Duh

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

lol.....Correct, which is why I made the distinction of Swedes AND Scandinavians.......

At least, the Swedes I know don't consider themselves Scandinavians. Preferring to make a distinction between themselves and the other Scandinavian countries. At least, that was the case with two Swedes when I made the comment including Sweden with Scandinavia.

Last edited by alpinecrick; 04/20/21.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

lol.....Correct, which is why I made the distinction of Swedes AND Scandinavians.......

At least, the Swedes I know don't consider themselves Scandinavians. Preferring to make a distinction between themselves and the other Scandinavian countries. At least, that was the case with two Swedes when I made the comment including Sweden with Scandinavia.

Finns aren't Scandinavians but Swedes sure are.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jwp475

Duh

Are you addressing me ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have no idea where Barnes VOR-TX ammo is produced. I do have a couple of boxes of VOR-TX 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition--which does not say where it was made. The only info on the box says it's copyrighted in 2017 by "Barnes Bullets, LLC. P.O.B. 620, Mona Utah." However, copyright had nothing to do with where it's made. (Interestingly, the small print on the box is both in English and French, perhaps to make it easier to sell in Canada--or at least Quebec. As far as I can ascertain, lead-free bullets are not required there--or in France itself--except perhaps in certain areas.)

Barnes was acquired by Remington in 2009, so we might suspect my ammo was made by Remington--or at the least, Remington supplied the Barnes headstamped brass to be loaded in Utah. But Remington's ammo plant in Lonoke, Arkansas was sold to Vista Outdoors last year--a conglomerate that owns many shooting-product companies, including Alliant Powder, CCI, Speer, Butler Creek, Weaver, etc. The Arkansas ammo plant is now back up and running again, but Barnes Bullets was sold to Sierra Bullets, so is no longer part of Remington.

I cant say for certainty who makes Barnes ammo, but their brass certainly isnt Remington. In 300 Ultra barnes cases have drastically different weights than Rem cases.

Last edited by BWalker; 04/20/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Duh

In your opinions, is this ring any different?
[Linked Image]

And regardless whether it is or not, my point was that the Lapua brass I've seen has had a ring in the primer pockets whereas Barnes brass hasn't.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by AB2506
Contact Barnes or Remington.

Why would he contact Remington? I plainly stated in my earlier post on this thread that Remington has nothing to do with Barnes--because Remington, as an entire entity, declared bankruptcy in 2019, and the various parts of what used to be Remington were sold at auction in 2020.

Ok ok contact Winchester then gees no need to get all grandpa grumpy on us..

Why in hell would you want to contact Winchester?
Geez, you post stupid crap and then get offend when called on it

You must be a real ph ucking hoot at Parties pull that stick out of your ass and get a sense of humor retard... only idiot posting stupid chit is you..

Last edited by 79S; 04/21/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Originally Posted by 79S

Why would he contact Remington? I plainly stated in my earlier post on this thread that Remington has nothing to do with Barnes--because Remington, as an entire entity, declared bankruptcy in 2019, and the various parts of what used to be Remington were sold at auction in 2020.

Why don't you take a piece of your own advice and learn how to read before you throw your sucker in the dirt and stomp off toward home and mommy......................Might keep you from looking like a dumb arse yourself in the future!!

Look another retard is on the scene.. go shove some more nickels in the gumball machine retard..

Last edited by 79S; 04/21/21.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Why in hell would you want to contact Winchester?
Geez, you post stupid crap and then get offend when called on it

You must be a real ph ucking hoot at Parties pull that stick out of your ass and get a sense of humor retard... only idiot posting stupid chit is you..

You are a certified idiot

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Finland does not share the same basic language as the other Scandinavian countries..

^^^Truth^^^

My Tikka doesn't go "Bang!", it goes "Pamaus!" with an slight Italian accent :-)

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Yes, I work at Barnes Bullets as a Ballistic Lab Tech. Ryan Farr works just up the stairs in CS. He and Chase are super good guys and know their stuff. All current Barnes Ammo is made at our facility in Mona, Utah. When owned by Remington, some of our ammo was made at the Lonoke, AR factory, now owned by Vista/Federal with the balance being made here, in Utah.

Sorry for the late reply. 12 hour graveyard shifts kind of take it out this old guy.

Last edited by GSSP; 04/21/21.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Finns aren't Scandinavians but Swedes sure are.

Maybe it's the current politics of Sweden they were referring to.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 12savage, 61 invisible), 2,528 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,684
Posts18,475,043
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.