Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
my daily wear boots are double h ice boots. Simply indestructible. replacement heels keep them going and I can't wear them out. but I do like to wear some dress boots, double h doesn't make exotics. the average boot sold in the stores IMO is junk these days. Even the exotic boots that tony lama, justin, etc make that are sold in stores IMO aren't what they used to be. They aren't like the tony lamas made 30 years ago. Tecovas seem like they are built pretty well, and I have a couple pairs. sizing a bit small for me. What else is out there?

GB1

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Wow, I can not imagine buying boots without trying them on. I never know whether a particular boot will fit me in a 8.5 or a 9 or a 9.5. Not even within the Tony Lamma label. One pair will end up 8.5 EEE while the next is a 9.5 D.

Right now I am wearing Lammas in a chocolate shrunken shoulder for my town boots. I preferred their African Antelope and that is all I would buy for twenty years. But that boot has become unobtainable in any store around here.

I really prefer the synthetic soles which have come on my last couple pairs of Tony Lammas. It saves me the cost of having synthetics retrofitted to new boots after purchase. I am way too old to be falling in every bit of snow or slush encountered on the sidewalk.

If I could find a way to order custom made boots in a good looking and durable leather, and know they would fit, I would be all over that.

I certainly miss my old Nocona elk hide boots for work and hiking, and my Justins for chasing women.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Beck Boots in Amarillo, TX It is worth the trip.

Becks Boots

Lucchese Boots

Last edited by MM879; 04/23/21.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Wow, I can not imagine buying boots without trying them on. I never know whether a particular boot will fit me in a 8.5 or a 9 or a 9.5. Not even within the Tony Lamma label. One pair will end up 8.5 EEE while the next is a 9.5 D.

Right now I am wearing Lammas in a chocolate shrunken shoulder for my town boots. I preferred their African Antelope and that is all I would buy for twenty years. But that boot has become unobtainable in any store around here.

I really prefer the synthetic soles which have come on my last couple pairs of Tony Lammas. It saves me the cost of having synthetics retrofitted to new boots after purchase. I am way too old to be falling in every bit of snow or slush encountered on the sidewalk.

If I could find a way to order custom made boots in a good looking and durable leather, and know they would fit, I would be all over that.

I certainly miss my old Nocona elk hide boots for work and hiking, and my Justins for chasing women.
ideally YES I hear you, all cowboy boots fit a little differently. cow leather seems to stretch to the fit it needs to for me, the exotics like ostrich and caiman never seem to stretch. nearly everyones boot in 12 fits me, tecovas a bit small. I will try 12.5 next time.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My next pair of walking around boots will be Luchesse.
I've got a pair of Double H work boots that are like Iron.
I've wore out several pair of Justin over the years.
If you get a chance to go through the Justin Boot factory its pretty impressive.

Last edited by sherm_61; 04/23/21.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Tecovas

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anderson beans can be bought online.

Made in USA.

Same company as Rios of Mercedes and Olathe boots.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Do they still have a Payless shoe store in your area?

Might be more your speed.

I am MAGA.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I can't imagine buying boots without trying them on first! Kinda like buying a car without driving it first!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rocketbuster out of El Paso:

https://www.rocketbuster.com/

And they offer an online foot tracing form and phone help:

https://www.rocketbuster.com/everything-you-need-to-know-

"After we receive your foot tracing form in the mail we will call you to fill out your order and get started . A half or third deposit is required to start. We take gold bars , vintage doubloons, checks and all major credit cards."

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yup, too many clams to not try on.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

"After we receive your foot tracing form in the mail we will call you to fill out your order and get started . A half or third deposit is required to start. We take gold bars , vintage doubloons, checks and all major credit cards."

White people seriously wear those?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by jackmountain

You need a pair Jack...........grin

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Heym06
I can't imagine buying boots without trying them on first! Kinda like buying a car without driving it first!

Yeah my feet and ankles are so jacked up I can't wear a lot of boots. I have this thing where I will try to kick my shoes off before coming inside. I can kick off one shoe but have to untie the other one. Crocs for the win unless I'm leaving the house.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wearing a pair of Double H elephant hides right now. Don’t know if they still make them. Anderson bean is where it’s at though.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ISRO

It’s the Harley sportster 883 of footwear.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
If you want handmade, I have been very happy with my customs from American Boot Company in Amarillo, TX, Not cheap, but cheaper than most customs. They will snd you a kit to trace your foot and last time I checked lead time was like 12 weeks. Belly Cayman with matching belt for $700 all in. I like round toe boots and except for work boots, they are difficult to find. Hate the look of the square toes, but apparently that is the style for now. Becks in Amarillo, as previously mentioned also makes nice boots.

Regards,

Kris

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ain’t a damn thing made like it was thirty years ago ‘ Cept babies

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ISRO

It’s the Harley sportster 883 of footwear.

Looks like some “Esse “ footwear

“Aye main ,you got any hot sauce for my tamales?”

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Do they still have a Payless shoe store in your area?

Might be more your speed.

Sketchers are available there, no?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,854 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.