-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard somebody suggest once that back in the second century when the Christians tossed the Jewish believers out of the Church, instead of treating them as the fathers and elder brothers in the faith that they should have, they called down upon themselves the curse of disunity that plagues them to this day, and is the reason that Judaism has three major denominations and Christianity has hundreds--or even thousands, depending on how you divide them.

An interesting perspective, I thought...although I think it might also have something to do with a message that was designed for a holistic Hebraic understanding being picked apart by Hellenists.

Anyway, there are folks who can push a pin through a Bible and tell you without looking which word contains the hole on every page, but who will never understand the message in the book until they have an opportunity to do some kind of service or missions work with folks from a variety of denominations.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickBin
I will not sponsor bigotry.

rb

The decision is both right and courageous.

The forum "Christ at the campfire" had been perverted, which is too bad because there were also good things in it.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sorry to hear this Rick ..... I personally thought it was in the right place when it was first in the forums list and I for one was impressed with that. I've prayed for your leadership before because of the struggles you must face. I know you prayerfully considered this move and most will respect it. I hope that the good will overcome ... there was a lot of that there too ... may it continue else where.

Bigotry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own.
The origin of the word bigot in English dates back to at least 1598, via Middle French, and started with the sense of "religious hypocrite", especially a woman. Bigot is often used as a pejorative term against a person who is obstinately devoted to prejudices even when these views are challenged or proven to be false.

Absolutely no offense Rick but does this mean other forums will leave as well ? (grin)

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Steelhead
At least they finally got me looking for Christ....

Good to hear. Very good! I did a lot of looking myself and always came back to the same One. Give a shout anytime. I love talking with people about Christ.

The 'looking' I was referring to was "Where did Christ at the Campfire go"...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and you proved it by killing the CATC forum ...

i have made many friends - not just acquaintances - here. but i will miss all of you. i simply cannot countenance this move, rick, by continuing here as a member.

the cyber-toasting of the decision is beneath contempt.

i will not look back in here to see if this post is deleted. i have shaken 24campfire's dust from my sandals, just as you have shaken from your sandals the dust of the great Forgiver.

Jesus hung around with scum. But you yourself do not see fit to hang around with fundamentalist scum like myself.

mercy, i almost made to 8,000 posts ... frown

now this site will be removed from my favorites list.

if any of you care to jot it down cyberly, here is my e-mail address: papaforemanyahoo.com

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Dang, I'll miss your nasty pms to me.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
What was the CATC forum?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Christ at the Campfire

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[quote=Boggy Creek Ranger]Come on Ken, won't work either way. I have lived long enough and I know you have too to know that public displays of religion always invite thunder and lightening.

While true worship is inspired of God all religion is man made. Way too many surface hard religionist take offense if everybody don't see it the just the way their boy thought it out.

Jihad Jihad.

BCR"

James, as I have said, you are my favorite Texas philosopher and you've hit it on the head once again. Best, John

Last edited by 5sdad; 08/13/07. Reason: Attempt to get my misplaced reply out of James's quote

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Amazing thought process. Simply amazing............

See ya fish

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MColeman

I am a believer of the first water but I never went to that forum. Too much arguing and you cannot argue people into Heaven. Jesus, the Christ, said, "If I be lifted up I will draw all men unto me." The believer's job is to lift up Jesus and he does the rest. All I can do is tell about Him when the Holy Spirit leads me. If the Holy Spirit doesn't lead then it's best to be quiet.

I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER.
SO SAD.....

Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Amazing thought process. Simply amazing............

See ya fish

Yup, lost the forum to bash those who believe very slightly differently, so it's time to quit.

Gee, I thought the reason behind the Campfire was total respect of others, sharing and learning from our minor differences. No matter if it's hunting, shooting, or just plain hanging out .... that is what the Campfire IS.

At least to most of us.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good riddance to both.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fish280, I found nuggets on CATC that were of great value to me. I apologize if any of my flip remarks about it were offensive to you.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would say by all the religious Topics today that the "Christ at the Campfire Forum" has integrated with the "Hunters Campfire Forum" !

This could get interesting.............! grin

Mark

smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hard to see Rick nuked CATC but it was overdue. Odd, people are going to vilify a person about "bigotry" because they weren't allowed to show theirs.
Nuking CATC had nothing to do with whatever faith you professed but how you treated those that professed something other than yours. If you can not see that , you really must have been blind then - or at the least a closet supporter of the bigotry that was slung around.

Nice.

Last edited by teal; 08/13/07.

Me

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nah, the couple of head cases on that forum won't last long under the true light of the 'Fire...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Christ at the Campfire

Thanks Scott, evidently I never visited that forum

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nah, the couple of head cases on that forum won't last long under the true light of the 'Fire...
\

They NEVER came on the rest of the Campfire, anyway. Just argued, cut 'n pasted Scripture and called everybody else names.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,... but it was fun when Robert Tilton dropped by.

One post he'd be typing in tongues,... the next he'd be hittin' old ladies up to send him their life savings,...

Page 3 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 14 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,866
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.