Campfire Oracle
B
Be like, "Humbatta su uncleeup do deeee."

Then,... "Let's have that money granny!"

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I never participated in CATC as I am not religious and fundamentalist religions of ALL types tend to bore and irritate me. However, I have always found Fish280 to be a hell of a good guy here and I am sorry that he is leaving, hope he re-considers and returns.

We are ALL "headcases"to some extent, or, we wouldn't be here, endlessly debating politics about which we cannot really do much; or, indulging in ballistic gack that means zipola on 99% of our hunts. "Vaya con Dios", Fish, hope you come back.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
What a shame that a forum that was meant for fellowship and edification became instead a forum for flagellation and execration.

frown

Ken, everytime you type I have to "google it".....grins

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Boy----it is starting to get ugly now. This will make everything else look like a Sunday Picnic when it gets rolling. Have my popcorn ready and before this is finished many will be telling the others who do not conform to their beliefs that they are going to hell. Just wait and see ---- kind of sad actually but religion and politics are both like alcohol --- to be taken in moderation because if taken in excess it tends to make people argumentative and mean spirited.

Fish did have a good heart and I will miss him.

Last edited by Boss Hoss; 08/13/07.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I only looked at the CATC forum a few times.
It seemed pretty nasty and argumentative(okay, not as bad as the optics forum!)
However,I hope that Fish and others that may be offended by Rick's decision will reconsider and stay around the Fire.

Rick, I admire you for making what must have been a difficult decision.

Last edited by 340boy; 08/13/07.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought things softened quite a bit after Rick's warning but I guess I missed something.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Odd, people are going to vilify a person about "bigotry" because they weren't allowed to show theirs.
I never noted any bigotry espoused by fish. Nor would I call him a closet supporter of bigotry. Just the opposite. I remember many times fish sticking up for others and calling for unity and peace.

I believe he enjoyed the good aspects of CATC, and there were many, and this is his reaction to it's demise.

It is quite interesting noting the reactions of others most of whom never hung one post on that forum. Quite interesting indeed! But also quite predictable.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Fish,

All I can say is I will miss you and hope you reconsider.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well dern,

I had just discovered 'Christ at the Campfire', and thought it was a pretty cool place for believers with the outdoors in common.

Of course I am a Southern Baptist from a family of Baptists/Pentecostals/Catholics/Jews. No wonder it felt like home,perhaps being new I missed some of the nastiness that came before I started reading.

Oh well, maybe we'll treat each other better when similar issues come up in other places on the site.

Britt

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ricky - the man is complaining that a place of hate and intolerance was shut down. That speaks volumes to me. It was good for a while and it seemed to make that curve back to more bashing of those who don't believe exactly as some others do.

You had to know that this was a very real possibility, given our earlier discussions.

You and I both know Rick didn't shut the doors there because fundamentalists were posting - its what they were posting to others that got the door shut.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Powerguy
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
What a shame that a forum that was meant for fellowship and edification became instead a forum for flagellation and execration.

frown

Ken, everytime you type I have to "google it".....grins

My daddy said that flaggelation would make you go blind. I just did it until I had to wear glasses smile

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well it is Ricks decision, but if he was offended at what was going on at CATC that is his choice to be offended. No body can be offended unless they choose to be. If this is the case maybe politics should be forbidden and definitely all discussion on optics should be a no-no, my god talk about nasty stuff, but as I said it is Rick's decision right or wrong.

Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
I actually read a topic or two there. I enjoyed DogZapper's lessons especially. It was interesting to note the following:

1.) There was a post recently here about mormons that was very civil and went several pages (relating to Romney IIRC)
2.) At the same time there was also a mormon post in CATC that was an absolute bloodbath.

Maybe Steelheads comment about the "true light of the fire" is on the money....

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Shipster
Well it is Ricks decision, but if he was offended at what was going on at CATC that is his choice to be offended. No body can be offended unless they choose to be. If this is the case maybe politics should be forbidden and definitely all discussion on optics should be a no-no, my god talk about nasty stuff, but as I said it is Rick's decision right or wrong.

Steve

There is alot of truth there.
In the beginning
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ysop&topic=0&Search=true#Post593

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by teal
Ricky - the man is complaining that a place of hate and intolerance was shut down. That speaks volumes to me. It was good for a while and it seemed to make that curve back to more bashing of those who don't believe exactly as some others do.

You had to know that this was a very real possibility, given our earlier discussions.

You and I both know Rick didn't shut the doors there because fundamentalists were posting - its what they were posting to others that got the door shut.

Teal you think that CATC is the only forum with HATE and INTOLERANCE here? You have got to be JOKING! Go over to custom rifles and make a negative comment about a AI cartridge or go to the optics forum and say something negative about Leupold or Swarovski optics, and stand your ground and before long you will be cut to pieces. Yes tolerance is practiced on all forums. RIGHT!

Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
the man is complaining that a place of hate and intolerance was shut down.
That is how you saw it. He obviously didn't. Nor did I. There were times when things were posted that should not have been, but that is true in every forum here or elsewhere. I was on the receiving end of some very nasty posts myself. What others say does not change who you are. At least that's how I looked at it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is how you saw it. He obviously didn't.

I wonder if that was because the side of the fence he was on was the one tossing the mud?

Insulting a man's choice of cartridge or glass is one thing - insulting a man's religion to someone who holds their religion dear is another - kin to someone insulting your family.

Lots of people cried that Stick should be banned as it's Rick's site and he can do it as he sees fit, this is his sandbox etc. Well Rick posted a huge warning about the Catholic bashing - it wasn't heeded so CATC is gone.

Me

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by FVA
I thought things softened quite a bit after Rick's warning but I guess I missed something.

Me too!

Oh, well!

"Great peace have they which love thy law: and NOTHING shall offend them." Psalm 119:165

The above verse was not a cut and paste, it was typed long hand from memory. That's probably why the punctuation is off a bit. wink And NOTHING is in upper case.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I tried my best to stop the bickering there and bring those who posted into brotherhood but I gave up. It is sad but I think Rick did the right thing. There was more harm done in the form of poor witness than the good that showed up from time to time as witnessed by many of the above comments.

I have long felt we Christians will not be effective until we forget the minor differences in the way we choose to worship and band together as Brothers in the Lord. My message fell on deaf ears at Christ at the Campfire.

I pray the hateful words spoken there will be forgotten and the fellowship that happened there will long live in the hearts of those who called that forum home. Perhaps there will be lessons learned from the closing of the forum.

Now, let us get on with life.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Teal, Stick was banned not a forum.

Steve

Page 4 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (1minute, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 222ND, 48 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,290
Posts18,505,238
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.