Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 41 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 40 41
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yikes! Thanks, Rick.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Penny
Banning is something that almost never happens here for the very reason he was hurt so deeply by the Catholic bashers. 24hour is about inclusion. There is almost no moderating and no threads are ever deleted (commercial plugs being the exception).

Fish's comment that his thread would get deleted represents his WISH, which of course would never happen. He needs to believe there are forces out to get him. The philosophy of the Worthy Adversary. Satan must be wildly powerful and omnipresent, lest he not be worth avoiding.

Banning posters is simply the last of the last resorts...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Penny, have you seen this thread about the "stages" of faith?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...owflat/Number/1602712/page/1#Post1602712

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No, I haven't yet... but I will. I've got to get off the computer and get downstairs and finish addressing my daughter's wedding invitations! shocked grin

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Do the important stuff, Sister Penny. The rest will sort itself out. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Main Entry: bigot
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices;
especially
: one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
(Merriam-Webster dictionary)

for example:
Originally Posted by fish280
but rick, you DO sponsor bigotry � and you proved it by killing the CATC forum ...

i have made many friends - not just acquaintances - here. but i will miss all of you. i simply cannot countenance this move, rick, by continuing here as a member.

the cyber-toasting of the decision is beneath contempt.

i will not look back in here to see if this post is deleted. i have shaken 24campfire's dust from my sandals, just as you have shaken from your sandals the dust of the great Forgiver.

Jesus hung around with scum. But you yourself do not see fit to hang around with fundamentalist scum like myself.

mercy, i almost made to 8,000 posts ... frown

now this site will be removed from my favorites list.

if any of you care to jot it down cyberly, here is my e-mail address: [email protected]

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That board which I used to post at quite often became as un-Christian as you can get a lot of the time. I don't blame Rick one bit for pulling the plug.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the first, I've felt that CATC was out of place here � like pews and hymnals at Bass Pro Shops.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last edited by SakoAlberta; 08/13/07.

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
From the first, I've felt that CATC was out of place here � like pews and hymnals at Bass Pro Shops.

+1

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You are in luck, there are bound to be a plethora of God botherer sites available............now, CAN we get back to something more interesting, possibly even a good brouhaha about politics.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out...

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i personally enjoyed the forum very much, albeit times that i posted and couldn't buy a response. but anyways, on some posts the dialogue was useful, instructive, and showed considerable thought.

maybe we've evolved past the day to day arguments, and are ready for a true Spiritual forum? i don't know, just trying to understand this internet thingy, and find a way to make the most use of the power that it possesses?

not my forum at all, i'm a lowly member, nothing else, but it'd be a shame to leave a lot of good ideas beached, marooned, and even abandoned.

anyways, i enjoyed the forum, even if we didn't all agree. nowhere in the contract said we had to.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There is humor in everything, methinks most would do better to find it.

Just clearing up Ricky's response, didn't want any false assumptions.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Don, that is a good post.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Barak's Womn

I was going to reply to Steelhead's "Where is CATC" thread last night, and decided instead to sleep on it. I saw this thread first thing this morning, and so decided to reply here.

The question in my mind (and, of course, Rick is under no obligation to answer it), is "Why did you nuke the whole forum? Why not just warn (and then expel) the folks who were Catholic-bashing?"

I went to bed last night with a great deal of sadness on my heart. I'll admit to not visiting CATC very often, but I did occasionally go there. I went there when I wanted to find a group of "my people," a group who would understand what I meant when I said that I had seen Christ in someone, a group who would know exactly what I meant when I said that I love the Lord with all my heart and soul, who would nod their heads in agreement when I said that Christ is at the center of Barak's and my marriage.

I'm not saying that those folks aren't sprinkled in at the other forums as well. But there were times I posted God-centered things that I wanted to share, and I felt that they might have been "too much God" in another forum... I don't know.

I always thought that if people misbehaved, then the people responsible were chastised. I wouldn't fail my whole class if a couple of students cheated on an exam.

Right now I am still very sad. In so many places in this world I see Christianity belittled, and non-Christian groups working hard to eliminate us. Now it seems to me that it has happened here at the Campfire... yet the one who did it is indeed a Christian. frown In order to punish a few individuals, we are all to lose. I don't really understand that, and it hurts me. It hurts me a lot.

I understand this is Rick's decision, and I support his right to do anything he wants to here. But I did want to let everyone else know what my feelings are. CATC was often God's way of connecting those of us who are believers with those who are not, but who are seeking. People come there to ask questions they would not dare to ask on another forum. I am sorry to see that go. frown frown

Penny

Eventhough this is Mr. Ricks house and I will forever respect that but I to fill the way you do Mrs. Penny I won't get into a big post war on this, because what was said here was well said and I need not say anything, but what I will do amongst my shortcomings is pray for the ones that did go to CATC for help and guidence and also for the ones that was trying to start mess there to as well, like what was said earlier I wished things would have been handled differently but this is Ricks deal and I wholeheartedly respect that..

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Ken, I am confused are you a non-believer

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken is far from a non-believer.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I ain't got nothin' against Catholics,.. in fact, I'm married to one.

But lawd have mercy!,.. I just ain't got the knees to convert!

I've always been a Methodist. We stand up in church evah now and then and sing a song or two, but every time I go to mass,... 'bout time I get comfortable, it's time ta fold up and kneel on the padded rail on the pew in front of ya.

Last time I went to mass,... I thought they was gonna have ta bring a cherry picker in ta lift me up and carry me out the door.

,... and they won't gimme a cracker either,...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Dang, I'll miss your nasty pms to me.

You mean it was worse than the E posse?

Dang, I don't think I ever visited that forum.......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Page 7 of 41 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

53 members (300_savage, 35, Akhutr, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,881
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.