OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U

‘READY FOR THE POP?’
Jamie Ross
News Correspondent
Updated Apr. 26, 2021 4:26PM ET Published Apr. 26, 2021 10:43AM ET
https://www.thedailybeast.com/color...woman-with-dementia-video-shows?ref=wrap

Two Colorado cops violently arrested a 73-year-old woman who has dementia—then were caught on camera celebrating and laughing when they reviewed their horrific body-cam footage hours later at the police station.

The two officers have been identified as Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali of the Loveland Police Department. They arrested 73-year-old Karen Garner on June 26, 2020, after she left a Walmart with $13 of goods that she hadn’t paid for. Garner’s family says she forgot to pay because of her condition.

According to the Denver Post, Hopp found Garner walking home after Walmart staff had reported her. Body-cam footage released this month showed Hopp tackling the terrified woman to the ground when she refused to stop walking away from him, then handcuffing her and pushing her hard against his cruiser. A concerned citizen can be seen stopping by the side of the road to ask Hopp if so much force was necessary.

The cops fractured the woman’s arm and dislocated her shoulder during the arrest, her family has said, and it’s this horrific body-cam footage that the officers were caught on surveillance camera watching as Garner sat in a nearby cell for hours after her ordeal at the hands of the police.

“Ready for the pop?” Hopp said to Jalali and other officers while they gathered to watch the footage of the violent arrest. “What popped?” another officer asked. “I think it was her shoulder,” Hopp replied. These comments can be heard at 48:30 in the below video.

Hopp can be heard saying, “I can’t believe I threw a 73-year-old on the ground,” while Jalali comments: “It’s like live TV... Body-cams are my favorite thing to watch, I could watch livestream body-cams all day.” The third officer can be heard suggesting “The Body-Cam Show” as a title for a proposed television special, and says to Hopp, “Impressive, buddy.”

After releasing the video on YouTube, Garner’s attorney, Sarah Schielke, said in a statement, “This is utterly disgusting. These videos cannot be unseen or unheard. I am sorry to have to share them with the public. This will be traumatic and deeply upsetting for everyone to see.”

“But as it often goes with bad police departments, it seems this is the only way to make them change,” the attorney went on. “They have to be exposed. If I didn’t release this, the Loveland Police’s toxic culture of arrogance and entitlement, along with their horrific abuse of the vulnerable and powerless, would carry on, business as usual.”

Garner’s family filed a federal lawsuit against the police officers earlier in April. Schielke said Monday that two more officers have been added as defendants in the suit, alleging they knew that Garner was hurt but didn’t give her medical care for six hours while she was in custody.

The Loveland Police Department has placed Hopp on administrative leave and re-assigned Jalali to desk duties while an internal investigation continues. Garner’s attorney said that, to date, her client has received no apology from the officers, the police department, or the city.

The police department is yet to comment on the new video

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This wouldn’t be a new story if she hadn’t stole and then refused to comply with the police when they asked her to stop.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Stammster
This wouldn’t be a new story if she hadn’t stole and then refused to comply with the police when they asked her to stop.

Do you know what dementia is?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If true these d-bag "officers" need an ass kicking.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
He's well acquainted - as he's a victim.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I believe that he just missed that dementia part of it

That’s a sad commentary on those cops.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Which one of the dope smokin states is it where shop lifting under a $1000 is no longer a call that demands police response?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anybody see a nice monetary settlement in the making ?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh golly gee gosh.

I agree now.

Defund the police!

They are mean!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm assuming you haven't seen the video, because if you have, you're as bad as the [bleep] who did this. You can see real fear in her eyes. She did absolutely nothing to deserve the treatment she got. Those cops are trash. If that had been my grandma or mother I'd most likely be in jail right now. It's the laughing about it afterward when they refused to get her medical care when they knew they seriously hurt her that really tops it off.

The cops I grew up with would have called the family and given her a ride home. You want to excuse that behavior, go ahead. Get your fun off hurting elderly women. Maybe there will be an opening for you in Loveland.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Which one of the dope smokin states is it where shop lifting under a $1000 is no longer a call that demands police response?

California, 900$ limit unless they raised it to 1k$.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Sociopathic scum bags. This is why people hate cops.

The enemy of your enemy is not your friend

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
If she had dementia bad enough to forget to pay, how was she walking home alone?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Well he should, he voted for our President that is chucked full of dementia.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I guess her family should just be happy they didn't shoot her.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I guess her family should just be happy they didn't shoot her.

These officers are so brave!!! I'm so glad we have these brave boys in blue to protect us!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Crap like this gives law enforcement a bad name and leads to more protest activity. This didn't have to go down this way. It's pure stupidity.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rainshot
Crap like this gives law enforcement a bad name and leads to more protest activity. This didn't have to go down this way. It's pure stupidity.

Yeah, but you have people on here defending them, which is a large part of the problem.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkmtb
If she had dementia bad enough to forget to pay, how was she walking home alone?

How do you or they know she was walking home? Sounds like she left a Walmarts store with merchandise she did not pay for and was walking down the street. 73 years old. You would think two cops would be able to deal with the situation in a less confrontational manner. Sounds to me like she will have everything she needs the rest of her life.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot

And old sick white lady ain't going to raise even one protesters voice.

I see a few cops being fired here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 63 invisible), 2,822 guests, and 1,461 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,752
Posts18,476,274
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.