Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bobinpa
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I didn’t see anything overly aggressive there. The woman looks much younger than 73 and doesn’t act as someone with dementia. In a perfect world the cops would all act like Andy Griffith but in the real world they’re busy and get tired of people guilty as sin playing dumb and not complying day after day.

Based on some of the reactions I was expecting to see the police body slam a clearly confused and old as dirt woman to the ground. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

Are you being serious??? She had a confused look on her face when the moron approached her and ALL she ever said was she was going home.... She wasn't confrontational or argumentative, she just wanted to go home.... In turn, the cop just couldn't handle her defiance and got her to the ground, cuffed her and THEN dislocated her shoulder. If she was a whacko with hostages they would try to talk her out of it, but $14.00 worth of stuff she left at the store and she gets attacked and thrown in a cell for 6 hours with no medical attention. GMAFB!!!!

I’m sure that she did just want to go home.Then again anyone else getting caught committing a crime just wants to go home Vs. jail or a hassle with cops too. They’re was no way for the police to know that she had dementia and she did commit a crime. Granted a petty crime but I get why law enforcement gets tired of and doesn’t have all day to deal with people mostly committing minor crimes but that want to not comply and argue all day. They didn’t bodyslam her. She concealed property (a crime) they asked her to talk to them. She didn’t so they forcefully put her in cuffs as quickly and efficiently as possible with minimal force.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Concealing property in the store in and of itself is a crime. The store called police. If police spent hours talking to people that want to talk in circles or simply walk away without complying to lawful commands (which they were she concealed property until confronted by store personnel and the store chose to call police). Police would spend all day talking in circles to people who aren’t going to comply, claim they aren’t guilty and want to argue. Police are on timelines and expect to have lawful basic orders followed. If she had looked confused I’d have more compassion. It’s unfortunate but she looked like a run of the mill shoplifting that didn’t want to stop and deal with the police. Police don’t have all day for that.

When do they get to kill them?

Read Graham v Connor

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Just when I start to feel somewhat sympathetic towards the boys in blue.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I didn’t see anything overly aggressive there. The woman looks much younger than 73 and doesn’t act as someone with dementia. In a perfect world the cops would all act like Andy Griffith but in the real world they’re busy and get tired of people guilty as sin playing dumb and not complying day after day.

Based on some of the reactions I was expecting to see the police body slam a clearly confused and old as dirt woman to the ground. That doesn’t seem to be the case.

So rewatching the video of it and laughing when they could hear her shoulder pop while she was in a cell with no medical care is OK? You don't have to be Andy Griffith to be a decent human being.

You forgot. Some people have dementia.
We should be happy her neck or skull wasnt busted and that she did even get medical care.
Hey, they deserve a few laughs for what they have to put up with.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Did your Parents have any Children that weren't retarded ?

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
She didn’t so they forcefully put her in cuffs as quickly and efficiently as possible with minimal force.

Right, then once she was in cuffs and couldn't really go anywhere, they dislocated her shoulder. Those idiots deserve to be personally sued for their actions!

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

So rewatching the video of it and laughing when they could hear her shoulder pop while she was in a cell with no medical care is OK? You don't have to be Andy Griffith to be a decent human being.

You forgot. Some people have dementia.
We should be happy her neck or skull wasnt busted and that she did even get medical care.
Hey, they deserve a few laughs for what they have to put up with.

The police could very well have been a-holes if they laughed over it after the fact with full background of the woman and her injuries they are a-holes. Legally to me I don’t fault the cops for the arrest. She looks younger than 73 and doesn’t appear as an obvious dementia sufferer. If you’ve ever watched an episode of Cops back in the day. Most crimes are petty crimes and most don’t want to comply with basic reasonable police commands. The police don’t have all day to do dementia evaluations, PTSD evaluations, defiance disorder evaluations ect. She doesn’t appear to have an obvious cognitive problem and police don’t have all day or other practical ways to deal with people walking away when asked to stop that refuse to comply. IMO. Unfortunate for this particular woman.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It would have never happened if she had been in a place that handles folks that are lost in their mind.

As for them laughing i don't really care.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Does Ben Crump take little old white lady cases?

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by bobinpa

Are you being serious??? She had a confused look on her face when the moron approached her and ALL she ever said was she was going home.... She wasn't confrontational or argumentative, she just wanted to go home.... In turn, the cop just couldn't handle her defiance and got her to the ground, cuffed her and THEN dislocated her shoulder. If she was a whacko with hostages they would try to talk her out of it, but $14.00 worth of stuff she left at the store and she gets attacked and thrown in a cell for 6 hours with no medical attention. GMAFB!!!!

I’m sure that she did just want to go home.Then again anyone else getting caught committing a crime just wants to go home Vs. jail or a hassle with cops too. They’re was no way for the police to know that she had dementia and she did commit a crime. Granted a petty crime but I get why law enforcement gets tired of and doesn’t have all day to deal with people mostly committing minor crimes but that want to not comply and argue all day. They didn’t bodyslam her. She concealed property (a crime) they asked her to talk to them. She didn’t so they forcefully put her in cuffs as quickly and efficiently as possible with minimal force.

You know you're right, those two cops are probably some of the best Loveland Colo has to offer. They Will get fired but they will also get rehired up the road at ft Collins or Boulder or one of the other [bleep] infested Colo communities.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
Does Ben Crump take little old white lady cases?

Lol best post in the thread...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Officer Hopp’s police career has been nipped in the bud.

I didn’t find the Lady Cop as culpable.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Just for the record she walked out with $13.00 worth of stuff. She was then confronted by an employee and he acted like a prick. She tried paying after this but he wouldn't let her. Then the cavalry shows up to set her straight. Then these "public servants" laugh about hurting her. Some of you people are either stupid or sick if you think she deserved this. When the civil war breaks out I hope we get to hear you talk like this.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have a little ADD and one night when I was very tired I needed gasoline for my pasture irrigation pump. This was several years ago when we were suffering severe drought and the pump needed to not stop. I went to the local Convenience Store and gassed up my cans and unintentionally drove off without paying. When I returned later the colored girl behind the camera told me I drove off without paying. I asked "did you call the law" and she replied "no I knew you would come back". That was all there was to it. There is such a thing as unintended taking without paying. Some cops just do not try the easy route first. I learned early on to try to handle interactions with the public as peaceful as possible and if you like to fight you will get enough of that anyway.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Just for the record she walked out with $13.00 worth of stuff. She was then confronted by an employee and he acted like a prick. She tried paying after this but he wouldn't let her. Then the cavalry shows up to set her straight. Then these "public servants" laugh about hurting her. Some of you people are either stupid or sick if you think she deserved this. When the civil war breaks out I hope we get to hear you talk like this.

I haven’t kept up on all of it. There’s no excuse for laughing after the facts came out. As far as offering to pay after concealing with attempt to steal that is a crime, if it weren’t all shoplifters would attempt to steal and then offer to pay if caught. Was she a model citizen grandmother with dementia as portrayed by the msm or a career shoplifter with moderate dementia? IDK. I do know this is the msm’s wet dream an older white woman to “prove to us all” that police are the devil and that all of us should be scared. Nobody would ever get arrested or it would take hours each call if police let everyone claiming a cognitive problem just walk away.

I’d like to see more police act like peace officers and Mayberry. They don’t but I have had more good encounters than bad and not sure that I’d string these cops up. She was called into police. They identified her asked her to stop and talk to them. She didn’t so they put her in cuffs and didn’t get nuts with brutality doing it IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is needed is some attitude adjustment.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by elkmtb
If she had dementia bad enough to forget to pay, how was she walking home alone?

How do you or they know she was walking home? Sounds like she left a Walmarts store with merchandise she did not pay for and was walking down the street. 73 years old. You would think two cops would be able to deal with the situation in a less confrontational manner. Sounds to me like she will have everything she needs the rest of her life.

She'd returned the merchandise and offered to pay.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep, LL, I'd say if they left her for 6 hours in jail with a broken arm and laughed about the "Pop" it is quite possible the screwed up.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611

I haven’t kept up on all of it. There’s no excuse for laughing after the facts came out. As far as offering to pay after concealing with attempt to steal that is a crime, if it weren’t all shoplifters would attempt to steal and then offer to pay if caught. Was she a model citizen grandmother with dementia as portrayed by the msm or a career shoplifter with moderate dementia? IDK. I do know that nobody would ever get arrested if police let everyone claiming a cognitive problem just walk away.

She was called into police. They identified her asked her to stop and talk to them. She didn’t so they put her in cuffs and didn’t get nuts with brutality doing it IMO.

Okay, so a lady that isn't in her right mind needs to be treated the same as a criminal. I get it now. I can promise you that walmart has video if her is she has been a shoplifter on a regular basis. They also have people inside the store watching. The fact that they haven't released anything like that about her tells me this was most likely not a regular thing for her. Sometimes you post some decent thoughts on here but what you're going on about here is not the case.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
I have a little ADD and one night when I was very tired I needed gasoline for my pasture irrigation pump. This was several years ago when we were suffering severe drought and the pump needed to not stop. I went to the local Convenience Store and gassed up my cans and unintentionally drove off without paying. When I returned later the colored girl behind the camera told me I drove off without paying. I asked "did you call the law" and she replied "no I knew you would come back". That was all there was to it. There is such a thing as unintended taking without paying. Some cops just do not try the easy route first. I learned early on to try to handle interactions with the public as peaceful as possible and if you like to fight you will get enough of that anyway.

Some even drive off with the nozzle in the car.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 56 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.