Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
Any guy with 6 or more boats automatically qualifies, In my mind...

Well, if I add in all these kayaks we've bought for the grandkids I'd have 9 boats. Qualified!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

The Polarkraft Outlander is along the lines of what I would like. Nice open bow.

The Smokercraft/Starcraft Freedom would also work.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Bust out another thousand...

Back in the day I lived out on Lake Minnetonka and always had friends that did the boat owning. Good strategy.

I've got a canoe, that's as far as it will go.

[quote=Ghostinthemachine] Bust out another thousand...

I lived on Excelsior bay. Kept my 29’ Tiara slipped right there next to the Mai Tai. To shallow out front of the place.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We have a nice fishing boat parked within a half mile of a 40,000 acre lake, and I can't get there. cry

It does not look like your going to get there this year either.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am certain if I lived near the Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario I would have more than one boat.

Reminds me of Larry Potterfield's ads. When it comes to boats how many do you need? Can't use the same one everywhere. Wife comes out and says how many boats does one man need? He answers well at least one more.....

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by woodson

The Polarkraft Outlander is along the lines of what I would like. Nice open bow.

The Smokercraft/Starcraft Freedom would also work.
Both nice boats. I prefer a walk-through windshield. The Polarkraft, so configured, would be nice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
any excuse to post these...

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CPkayeD.mp4[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/mz9d0FV.mp4[/img]

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Every year I figure I need another boat. 😀

This year I've been eyeballing a 15.5 or 16' Livingston. Little cat hull boat. Apparently they stopped making them some years back though they are fairly ubiquitous in this area. At least the 8-10' models are.

Anybody run one?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Not everyone needs a boat.

This morning I was talking to my nephew in my driveway. The main creek that runs from the river to the meadows flows behind my house. Local cops go flying by and I figured it was a car accident. A few minutes later a cop from a neighboring town stops at my driveway. He tells me a woman is floating in the creek and asks if I can help. We go into the backyard and see her. I had to drop my solo skiff off of my dock and paddle out to her. The boat ramp was north of me 1/4 mile away and the incoming tide was pushing her towards me. I paddled to her and loaded her onto my boat to bring her to shore. She was shook up and soaked. She went completely under at some point. Lucky for her the tide had just turned and it wasn’t flowing to hard. 2 hrs earlier or later and she might not have survived. There’s normally a drowning every couple years in this area due to the volume of water that flows in and out here.

From what I can surmise based on the info the cops told me after the fact....The lady was backing a truck down the ramp and never stopped. Truck ended up in the water. Her husband was on the dock with a rope to the boat and probably isn’t getting any ass for awhile because he never attempted to save her. Somehow she got out of the truck. I haven’t heard exactly how the boat ended up floating up the inlet towards my house....upside down with her hanging on for dear life. Must’ve been quite the sight to see how it all unfolded at the ramp. A few weeks back I almost shot some guy in my driveway. My friend called me a bit after the incident. I related the details and he put my luck into an eloquent statement.

If it was raining pusssy, you’d get hit by a dick. He ain’t wrong

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Boat ramps are rife with scenes ranging from comedy to tragedy. Often only seconds apart.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just getting set to take mine in for a full tuneup later this week.. so I can sell it. Just don't use it any more, my fishing buddies all moved away. Time to let somebody else enjoy it.

I'll miss it.

[Linked Image from savagefest.net]

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a good time to sell, Calhoun.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Boat ramps are rife with scenes ranging from comedy to tragedy. Often only seconds apart.

For sure I have often watched the boat ramp follies with a beer in my hand.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner

If I was a divorce attorney I'd hang a sign at every launch in the region.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Azshooter
I am certain if I lived near the Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario I would have more than one boat.

Reminds me of Larry Potterfield's ads. When it comes to boats how many do you need? Can't use the same one everywhere. Wife comes out and says how many boats does one man need? He answers well at least one more.....

a good share of m late season waterfowing is on the finger lakes. I am damned close to pulling the trigger on a Duckwater boat. I currently have a 24 foot SEArk with a jet drive on it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Noticed a potential folly as I was about to launch last week. The old guy (that's funny because I figure I am his age, 70ish) had the cover off his engine and was about to put it in the water. I asked if he had starter fluid. Then I noticed a young man of 17 trying to help the other old guy who was lying in the bottom of the boat. I went over to that side and asked if I could help. Old guy was really out of shape. The younger guy and I righted him and got him sitting.

There was a second young man in the drivers seat of the tow vehicle. Owner of the boat asked me if I could launch it for him. Instead I coached the driver on his very first attempt at backing the trailer. Driver later told me it was his grandfather we righted and he and his brother wanted to take grandpa out for what he thought was grandpa's last fishing trip. The boat owner was his old fishing buddy. Turns out Grandpa was my age and to be honest had no business in a boat with his inability get around. Anyway I warned the kids that the winds were going to really kick up midday and to be aware. Too many things were wrong and I had to help. Hope grandpa caught a few.

Normally I watch the shows at the launch ramp with folks that are capable........

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Boat payments cover quite a few guided trips per year.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

Fact.

Most of my regular customers are older, expert fishermen who no longer want to deal with the issues that come with boat ownership.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

Fact.

Most of my regular customers are older, expert fishermen who no longer want to deal with the issues that come with boat ownership.

When you are young and fit, launching a trailer boat by yourself is no problem.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Azshooter
When it comes to boats how many do you need? Can't use the same one everywhere. Wife comes out and says how many boats does one man need? He answers well at least one more.....

It's heresy on this site, I know, but a man really needs more boats than guns. 30-06, 12 gauge, .22LR, and 9mm....kayak, canoe, johnboat, center console, duckboat. 5-4, boats win. Boats cost more, though.

For the record, I have more guns than boats, so I'm not a complete heretic.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 28 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,450
Posts18,528,889
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.