Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
no, you can't lock that one grin

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W

I thought it was funny....Humor is good mostly....[/quote] +1...gotta find humor in as much as possible...keeps things on the light side..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
.....whenever I read stuff like "the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice" I get an itchy cut and paste finger....

Well the subject of "religious bigotry" and a double standard that is applied to Islam is bound to come up eventually, so.........

Islam has special status that none of the other major belief systems do. Islam bills itself as a comprehensive system that encomasses the legal and political organization of society, as well as the devotional, and the domestic. This makes them open to criticism that I for one would never level at Jews, Mormons, Baptists, Zoroastrians, or etc.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bart Follow my lead. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think this is a hunting/shooting and too a lesser extent fishing board, why not just keep it this way.

Good call Rick.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"It is the individual's relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ that is important... NOT the denomination. The denomination is where a believer feels comfortable... sort of like an old pair of jeans and t-shirt, vs. a suit and tie. Some fit some, some fit others"

Mrs B,

I quoted you above and believe you to be spot on. I am RC and was also sick of the rhetoric at CATC. If others would have believed as you, we'd still have it. Seems some felt that Catholics were beneath them and never missed a chance to point that out. Some have even responded to this thread.

I'm of the school to each his own. Whether you roll with the Lord or not is for "you" to decide.

Mac

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I looked at CATC twice...once to see what it said, and the second time to see if what nonsense I saw there was the norm. It served no useful purpose, IMO. I don't need loons screaming at me. eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Remember your dancing/drinking thread? That was a doozy. So was Medjugore(sp). Proof positive of the "love". wink

Mac

Last edited by Mac84; 08/13/07.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I thought it was funny � "

Reminds me of the city cop who thought that it was hilarious when a man tried to kidnap my young daughter on her way to school. It was hard to decide which feces-brain should be shot first. Things that hurt or threaten others are funny only to sick minds that aren't hurt or threatened by 'em.

frown

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very well put sir!!!!

NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Powerguy
Originally Posted by RickBin
Ken is far from a non-believer.

That is what I thought Rick, but after googleing so many words in his posts I become confused grin

One frequent source of confusion for several good Campfire buddies is the urge to look under my words to see "what I really mean to say." I try to be precise and concise, to say exactly what I mean to say � no less and no more.

"The obvious is preferable to the obvious avoidance of it. � H W Fowler

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anybody remember what Jesus did to the fig tree that bared no fruit, in disbelief of the disciples?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickBin
The move to nuke CATC is a long time coming. The primary reason, as stated, is my refusal to sponsor anti-Catholic bigotry.

If you take my stated reason not to support anti-Catholicism any longer as bigotry toward Fundamentalist, then that is you skewing things. How does protecting Catholicism hurt Fundamentalists anyway?

Sad to see you go fish, but I will not create a forum for Catholic bashing, and not allowing such a forum is not any kind of jab toward Fundamentalists (nor Mormons, nor Anglicans, nor Lutherans).

I will not look back in here to see if this post is deleted. i have shaken 24campfire's dust from my sandals, just as you have shaken from your sandals the dust of the great Forgiver.

So by nuking CATC I have now abandoned Jesus?

Fish, I think you're needlessly entangling things.

Was it just catholic bashing or bashing in general. I didn't go the CATC, I have other forums for that. But I've much bias on these boards against every walk of life and faith, so why the statement "catholic bashing". Yet isn't bias part of being human.

I have to ask, Is it bashing to say that the divinity of Mary has no Biblical foundation? Or that praying to a "saint" is the same as praying to an idol? I don't think so, but I have my own beliefs. I respect the right of someone to believe differently from me, but I will not shrink from saying "I think you're wrong, or lost." I wish I had at least watched CATC so I would know Rick's stand.

Last edited by garryc; 08/13/07.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
From the first, I've felt that CATC was out of place here � like pews and hymnals at Bass Pro Shops.

THANK YOU!

Perfect, and from the perfect source.

Rick, no qualms here. Your sandbox; your rules, and there was a LOT down there that well.... didn't belong.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dogzapper
Originally Posted by Powerguy
What a shame that a forum that was meant for fellowship and edification became instead a forum for flagellation and execration.

frown

Ken, everytime you type I have to "google it".....grins

My daddy said that flaggelation would make you go blind. I just did it until I had to wear glasses smile

Steve

My Dad was also a believer in flagellation. He practiced it every day on me, usually until I bled. He died when I was 10, THANK GOD !!!. Because of him I never enjoyed my childhood, never did things with my Dad that other little boys should and certainly grew to HATE him for the way he treated me.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wuzzagrunt
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
.....whenever I read stuff like "the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice" I get an itchy cut and paste finger....

Well the subject of "religious bigotry" and a double standard that is applied to Islam is bound to come up eventually, so.........

Islam has special status that none of the other major belief systems do. Islam bills itself as a comprehensive system that encomasses the legal and political organization of society, as well as the devotional, and the domestic. This makes them open to criticism that I for one would never level at Jews, Mormons, Baptists, Zoroastrians, or etc.

Well put sir! Remember Jim....I said cut back "some" grin

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

It was hard to decide which feces-brain should be shot first.
frown

I know which one I'd have started with. I have yet to meet an officer of the law whom either knew or obeyed the law they profess to represent.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There's the rub garry, what makes you right and someone else wrong? How can you respect the right of someone believing differently than you, but in the same breath, tell them they're wrong?

Mac

I Burn While I See
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
From the first, I've felt that CATC was out of place here � like pews and hymnals at Bass Pro Shops.

THANK YOU!

Perfect, and from the perfect source.

Rick, no qualms here. Your sandbox; your rules, and there was a LOT down there that well.... didn't belong.

I quit visiting CATC when it moved from the top to the lower end of the forum list. I'm guessing there wasn't a lot of discussion of the big theological controversies in the Episcopal church.....like whether you can wear white shoes after Easter or have to wait until Memorial Day, or whether you can only serve Mimosas at a morning christening or are Bloody Marys OK as well. Kind of glad I missed the excitement.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
UH OH ! If you think the religious wars get hot , maybe you ain't been in a good LEO - bad LEO " debate !

Maybe you just started one !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 9 of 41 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1beaver_shooter, 219DW, 1badf350, 222ND, 2500HD, 51 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,288
Posts18,505,189
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.